Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff (9337 Views)

Sport Betting Project.. Turn 1000 To Over 1 Million Naira In 40 Days / 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks / Airtel Denies Sacking 3,000 Staff : No It Lied, Affected Staff Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by torrents(f): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
These were the MD/CEO'swords after relieving a good number of his staff of their daily bread

"Repositioning Bank PHB calls for sacrifice from us all. That sacrifice is demanded today for us to build an enduring franchise that will not only continue to rival the best in Nigeria’s financial industry but also become a strong player in Africa and the world.
As part of our repositioning efforts, we have pruned down on our current staff size to align the workforce with redesigned organisation and current business realities.[/color][color=#000099] We have embarked on this exercise with the thoroughness it requires, especially to align branch functionality with operating our New Business Model."

Nlanders this is actually happening after a serious salary slash that just occurred last month. in my opinion, i think the MD would have just allowed these guys to stay since their salaries have been cut.

where will these ones start from?
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by Iranoladun(f): 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2010
Where is your source? or is heresay?

post the link
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by zenus(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2010
No Source
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by MAYOWAAK: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
i think sanusi's reforms has done more damage than good.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by zerocool(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
Wat source/link is needed for such stories. Even media houses are tired of spewing such newz, cos it is STALE.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by geeman(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2010
it is true. i was informed by a friend about 30mins ago . his name was on the list of those advised to resign.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
This just happened about an hour ago,
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
my girlfriend works there, about 10 person were sacked at her branch here
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by ldcthiagee: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2010
thats falasy
your info is baseless, my woman is an icon of bank PHB and confirmed dt ur info is not authentic. in other words, they are still workin on it, and yet to be published.  wink
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
Am so happy that my girl wasn't sacked!  for those who have being sacked pls have faith in God
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by Kx: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
Another result of Sanusi's "good work"
How I wish his family members were affected in all these lay offs sad sad

ldcthiagee:

my woman is an icon of bank PHB and confirmed dt your info is not authentic. in other words, they are still workin on it, and yet to be published.  wink

what more proof is required? just pray ur woman is not affected.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by agapeLuv1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
Waooh not again this is very very sad , i pray that the families this represent does not suffer for this, i use to work in a bank until i found something beta to do online at home now that makes me enough money, I can never work for any body except BABA GOD  , if any of them need advice on what to do I will give it freely, I don't want to see my broda man suffer
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by desgiezd(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2010
When I heard that salaries were seriously slashed - I heard of someone whose Vacation Allowance was #2.2m now slashed to #600k while some drivers had their monthly salaries slashed by $7k - I had thought the Bank would keep it at that and allow the people continue with their work, never knew that a mass retrenchment would follow.

What a pity!
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by Robertpapi: 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
Just When we thought this whole lay off thing has ended >>> Bam! There comes another sad news!

I thank God for banks like Access Bank who have decided not to employ but at the same time would not lay their staff off or slash salaries.

My sympathy goes out to the people affected. embarassed
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ ldcthiagee
    Shut up ur mouth, what do u know, we are talking about reality here and u r under the brigde browsing bringing confussion here, If ur woman is an icon of bank phb what business does that have to do with the sack? if she is a marketer and she is out of the bank marketing right now,tell her to go back to the bank before her name is being included in the list, THAT'S IF SHE WORKS THERE
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Kx
while waste ur time on that mega poyoyo,
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by yeswecan(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

i think sanusi's reforms has done more damage than good.

I would think so too. Sanusi is too radical for the arch position he holds, we need a liberal minded person. What is the essence of clean up duty in the first place if its outcome negates a matching economy. I would think we need a moving economy more than a transparent one . . .
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by MKAN: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2010
Yet to be published doesn't mean it can't be true.

I trust Nigeria, the banks are just trying to exploit the situation. And
we were once praising the banks for employing a good number of
people.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by RINGORINGO: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ agape luv

Agape luv, please can u send me more details on how this online business works? I would like to key in. My mail addy is osmundido_1@gmail.com.
Thanks.

T o all those that were affected, keep your head up tomorrow is gonna be better!
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2010
yeswecan:

I would think so too. Sanusi is too radical for the arch position he holds, we need a liberal minded person. What is the essence of clean up duty in the first place if its outcome negates a matching economy. I would think we need a moving economy more than a transparent one . . .

Logic shocked
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by sayso: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
ldcthiagee:

thats falasy
your info is baseless, my woman is an icon of bank PHB and confirmed dt your info is not authentic. in other words, they are still workin on it, and yet to be published.  wink

The day I told a friend,a control manager in Intercontinental bank that they are sacking staff he said no and later confirmed the following day,that is to tell you that NL provides first class information.The same happened when SLS sacked the five CEO's,we heard it first here on NL.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by yeswecan(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
MKAN:

Yet to be published doesn't mean it can't be true.

I trust Nigeria, the banks are just trying to exploit the situation. And
we were once praising the banks for employing a good number of
people.

We can't test your theory.

On the specifics, we can infer Sanusi's move as the worst development with respect to the economy since the inception of Nigeria.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by Kx: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
ldcthiagee:

my woman is an icon of bank PHB

4 ur info,PHB have no icon.
either u or ur woman is being deceived to believe she is a so called icon in PHB.
Ask how a top comedian wife who was  loyal bank PHB employee was treated in PHB
and u will know better.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by mdfishers: 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2010
Waooh not again this is very very sad , i pray that the families this represent does not suffer for this, i use to work in a bank until i found something beta to do online at home now that makes me enough money, I can never work for any body except BABA GOD  , if any of them need advice on what to do I will give it freely, I don't want to see my broda man suffer  
]
Men can you avail me of this advice. I need it. Mail me on mcfishers_sean@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2010
just sacked about 6 of my friends i know of, they have all gone home
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by tkb417(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2010
yeswecan:

i cant really remember now if this is policy/necessary conflict ( chei i cant remember my economis again o shocked)
a policy set out to clean the anomalies in the financial sector to engender micro/macro economic stability in the economy is set to pull down the supposedly gains from the policy. People are losing their jobs!!! Their might be an erosion of the mid class again and this might plunge us back to the late 90s era. I'll rather have a demand pull inflation than battle unemployment in the country

some sh.its needs to be fixed. The Economic society of Nigeria, the financial technocrats, the financial regulators, the FEC/Presidency should sit 2geda and step on their brakes in this clean up. I think some palliative measures need to be unleashed with immediate effect to douse the effect of this mass sack. na wa
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by chelseabmw(m): 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2010
@Kx
   leave that guy alone, he thinks if he says that his woman is an icon we will all bow down to him,

P.S
  Nairaland frontpage do not give fake news and we are always the first to get geniune news in the whole of nigeria
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by lossa(f): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2010
we wr all expecting it no condition is permanent smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by yeswecan(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2010
Dis Guy:

Logic  shocked

I implore you not to err by misunderstanding my post.

This is my logic, a moving economy should be our priority, sanitary if fine but it shouldn't obstruct the process of moving the economy forward. What we have in Nigeria banks last year is our own version of the enormous economic melt down. While Some countries were busy bailing out industries, we cast blames on our moving sector (if you ask me)  and sanitised in a strict manner. THERE SHOULD BE A TEST OF REALISM IN WHICH EVERY PROPOSAL ONE IS PUTTING FORWARD. It might interest you to know that the "First World" have corruption issues to confront with their banks also, but they acknowledged the impact of financial sectors SO it has to be confronted in a soft tone.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by Kx: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
@tkb417
- micro/macro economic stability
-There might be an erosion of the mid class
-I'll rather have a demand pull inflation than battle unemployment in the country.

Those are sound economic discussions by renowned economists not Islamic Scholars/Sharia patriots .
Our economy is doomed if policy thrust that should stimulate economic growth and developments are churned
out by sharia scholars.The result is what we all see today.
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by opata(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
thats falasy
your info is baseless, my woman is an icon of bank PHB and confirmed dt your info is not authentic. in other words, they are still workin on it, and yet to be published.  

i always thot this forum was for serious people , the story is TRUE , if indeed your woman works there in any capacity, u would know , unless "ur woman" does not consider u important enough to divulge serious infor like this to !!!
Re: Shocking News! Bankphb Sacks Over 1,000 Staff by yeswecan(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
Kx:

@tkb417
- micro/macro economic stability
-There might be an erosion of the mid class
-I'll rather have a demand pull inflation than battle unemployment in the country.

Those are sound economic discussions by renowned economists not Islamic Scholars/Sharia patriots .
Our economy is doomed if policy thrust that should stimulate economic growths and developments are churned
out by sharia scholars.The result is what we all see today.

sharia scholars  LOL , We need liberal scholars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity Bank Retires 500 Workers / Liquid Air-freshener Production Business / MTN Nigeria Denies CBN Claims On Illegal Repatriation Of $8.1b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.