Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed (46204 Views)

Seven English Words You Will Be Shocked To Know You’ve Been Using Wrongly / English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! / 35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by Coolcash1: 5:23am On Sep 03, 2017
Nice one OP. But had to to use oxford dictionary online version to look up some of the words and realised that some don't exist or are old-fashioned. For instance, tacenda does not exist so also is niblings. In contrast, words like agelast, labrose are old-fashioned and no longer in-use. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2017
Y
adesammy1:
Nice one....abeg how do I use Sate in a sentence?

But you just made a sentence with SATE in it

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by gssdobi: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2017
That moment when boborisky 's uncle doesn't know whether to say my niece or nephew. He will just say my Nibling

1 Like

Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by sukkot: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2017
SCHADENFREUDE:
Growing up, I always thought a Sadist is one who takes pleasure from another person's failure, till I came across SCHADENFREUDE. This is actually someone who derives joy from another person's misfortune.

Ipob yoof was SCHADENFREUDE to bubus sickness in london
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by sukkot: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2017
MICHEALADEX:
Y

But you just made a sentence with SATE in it
grin
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by sukkot: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2017
thanks for the LABROSE and PHILTRUM. now in the ancient egyptian hieroglyphs the MOUTH is a prominent glyph. The mouth represents power because as we know only elders have a say while the youths or powerless are asked to keep quiet. so the mouth represents power. the lips cover the mouth so the lips cover the power. so lips symbolically are a curse. so the bigger the lips ( LABROSE ) the bigger the curse ( hence why africans are catching hell ). and the deeper the groove ( PHILTRUM ) the bigger the curse.
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by raphy(m): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
life is all about learning everyday..
been here for 11yrs i have learn a lot an am a stil learning...

l stumble upon this great forum WHn I was 14yrs..since then I Hv been learning .many have come and gone.. but here am I still living praising God...

God is good.for these new ppl if you want to live long stop e-fighting or tribalism.
it shall be well with you.
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by ademi87(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
haryorbarmie83:
Peren. In between ones ass grin
couldn't find it
Re: Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed by tianshie(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
naijalions:
There are more you don't kw and I will nt tell u!

I'm sorry for asking but is this picture for an obituary poster?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU College Of Medicine (LASUCOM) In Pictures / 10 Dogs Owned By Anambra School Proprietor Feast On 2yrs Old Prospective Pupil / Kidnapped Medical Student Posts From Kidnappers' Den

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.