Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) (14946 Views)

Home Of Anti Lock Brake System / The Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) - Citiwebb Auto Centre / What You Should Know About Anti-lock Brake System (abs) - Citiwebb Auto Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by klens(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2017
My ABS light flashes always, is it faulty?
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by shortgun(m): 10:57am On Sep 03, 2017
donproject:

Please educate us more on ESP, this is the first time I will hear such. I guess only latest cars will have this function.
Benz has it from 2000 models I think, Toyota call it VSC( vehicle stability control). The system will prevent the car from skidding and losing control, it can break individual or the 4 wheels as the need arises, prevents under and over steering.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by soldierdollar(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2017
policy12:

#1 Fact: Not all cars are equipped with the ABS technology. ABS has been around for over 20 years but the fact is that not all cars built within this period have Anti-lock Braking technology. For some car companies, it was an option that you had to buy while ordering your vehicle. To check if your car has ABS, switch on your ignition and watch out for an ABS indicator light. However, if the ABS indicator is off or the hydraulic indicator is constantly switched on, take your car for a checkup !

Please do you mean anytime will switch on the ignition and the ABS indicator is on, it means the ABS is k? Please I will need ur clarification because my mechanic is telling me that I need to change it.

If your ABS light indicator is ON, it means it's working perfectly. However if your brake indicator is always ON even when the engine is running, consider visiting a mechanic.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by policy12: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
soldierdollar:

If your ABS light indicator is ON, it means it's working perfectly. However if your brake indicator is always ON even when the engine is running, consider visiting a mechanic.

Abeg which one be break indicator again?
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by shortgun(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
soldierdollar:

what are u saying?
Any warning light that comes ON means there is an issue.

2 Likes

Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by soldierdollar(m): 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
shortgun:

what are u saying?
Any warning light that comes ON means there is an issue.

My bad... it should turn off when the engine starts running

1 Like

Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by FitnessDoctor: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2017
JohnieWalker12:
Nice one op. No knowledge is a waste.

Join the fastest growing fitness page in Nigeria on instagram and Facebook @Hellosixpacks.

Stay Healthy. Stay Wise

I thought Stay Healthy, Stay Wise was my quote..... hahaha

Let me check out your page

1 Like

Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by JohnieWalker12(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

I thought Stay Healthy, Stay Wise was my quote..... hahaha

Let me check out your page

Drop your number here let's talk
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by ezugegere(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
My MB E240 is giving me the following malfunction signals: ABS, ESP, Engine oil sensor, Brake Assist, Engine fan. I am confused who to contact, mechanic or electrician. I just recently changed all the tyres, brake pads, brake oil, front linkage, the battery and the Engine oil.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by femstimauto: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=ezugegere post=60136341]My MB E240 is giving me the following malfunction signals: ABS, ESP, Engine oil sensor, Brake Assist, Engine fan. I am confused who to contact, mechanic or electrician. I just recently changed all the tyres, brake pads, brake oil, front linkage, the battery and the Engine oil.[/quote

Your observation is normal having worked on those aspect of your car. What you need is to take your car to any automobile diagnosis centre to help clear those light.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by panthera4: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
FreshMekanik:

It should only be on, when you turn the ignition and goes off later on.
Gudevng!
I drive a 2003 Toyota Avalon
My ABS light is always on while am driving
It only goes off when I off the ignition
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by FreshMekanik: 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
panthera4:
Gudevng! I drive a 2003 Toyota Avalon My ABS light is always on while am driving It only goes off when I off the ignition

There is a fault with abs. You need to get it checked.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by Lekeflor: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
My Honda accord 2005 had a brake failure and oil leaked out, the mechanic said its as a result brake pads so we changed pads and a rubber. Now my brake no longer work at all. The brake is as the accelerator. The mechanic himself is confused. No leakages of oil anywhere but the brakes won't just work. Please what could be the issue.
Re: Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) by Lekeflor: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Lekeflor:
My Honda accord 2005 had a brake failure and oil leaked out, the mechanic said its as a result brake pads so we changed pads and a rubber. Now my brake no longer work at all. The brake is as the accelerator. The mechanic himself is confused. No leakages of oil anywhere but the brakes won't just work. Please what could be the issue.
Just to add, my abs indicator light has Ben on on the dashboard for a while even before the incidence

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Stop Over - Speeding (Photos) / Val Gift Ideas For Car Enthusiasts / Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.