Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (1712 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / Throwback Photo Of Ojukwu Laughing And Hugging A Biafran Old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Biafrareform(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Writes:
“I am Nigerian because a white man created Nigeria and gave me that identity.
I am black because the white man constructed black to be as different as possible from his white.
But, I was Igbo/Biafran before the white man came.

My identity and culture is Biafran

I guess she is also jobless undecided

6 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by kingxsamz(m): 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
I love her books o... but this one she said is her business...
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Guestlander: 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
The word biafra did not exist in Africa before the arrival of the white man.
Nobody was a biafran before the coming of the white man and I doubt if Chimamanda actually said that.

8 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by eyescue(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
You call her jobless because such a good scholar, a good writer and perfectionist like her can never come out of yuroba-muslim afonja people

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by SharkTank(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
No one will hate this statement except he/she intentionally choose to misunderstand

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by greatmarshall(m): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
She's proudly a Biafran

2 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Chibuhealth(f): 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
Its in our blood. you can't hide us. We are like grass........clear, uproot us and see us grow back. Biafra or nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ShayGirl(f): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
In other words, she's proud of her culture!
Noted! cool

2 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by tinkinjow: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2017
Candid. She's only making the point on what comes first.
Great poeple are those who don't shy away from speaking their minds no matter what...and she's saying the hard truth...i think until all ethnic groups agree on what union "Nigeria" should be there'll be no real progress.

Great woman!

2 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by BiggieSmallsVI: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
I'm from these world . I.e I'm a human
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by gsmphoneseller: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
A great Biafrian is chimamanda

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by wtfcoded: 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ofcuz u are.

God bless u chi

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
She just said her mind.

If u r not comfortable with that...

U can go die or hug transformer or drink snipper or hang urself on d tree or on pawpaw. But just make sure u do something.

Guys my black goat don los.
Who help me see am

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ProDNA: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
Reliable DNA testing available in our laboratory. Check out signature and contact us.
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nice
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by crownprince102: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
This is not from Chimamanda, She never said this.

it is a line in her novel titled "half a yellow sun". This was said by Odenigbo in the novel.

I'm not anti-biafra.... I know Nigeria isn't working but no nation stands on the foundation of falsehood.
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Basic123: 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
Guestlander:
Nobody was a biafran before the coming of the white man and I doubt if Chimamanda actually said that.
chinamanda is brilliant than that.What existed before white came was igbo not biafra
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Basic123: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
eyescue:
You call her jobless because such a good scholar, a good writer and perfectionist like her can never come out of yuroba-muslim afonja people
yIGBOs and inferiority complex to yorubas are

3 Likes

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Litmus: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
She woul be foolish if not cruel to make the statements attributed to her and I doubt she did, so please stop lying. She has young readers all over Nigeria,many of them women and girls that find her inspiring. I doubt she would alienate so many of these young people,which is the very thing the statement attributed to her above achieves since the Biafra movement, currently, has its foundation in the language of hate and bigotry against other none Igbo Nigerians.
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Sanchez01: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
Litmus:
She woul be foolish if not cruel to make the statements attributed to her and I doubt she did, so please stop lying. She has young readers all over Nigeria,many of them young women and girls that find her inspiring. I doubt she would alienate so many of these young people,which is the very thing the statement attributed to her above achieves since the Biafra movement currently has its foundation in the language of hate and bigotry against other none Igbo Nigerians.
She didn't. Odenigbo said those words in the adaption of 'Half of a Yellow Sun'.

Mynd44, your attention is needed here, please.
Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by McGg: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
Guestlander:

my guy why naa ?

have you not heard about the BIGHT OF BIAFRA?

Anyway how can you know when you were born and bred in that NOMADIC ENCLAVE?

1 Like

Re: Am Not A Nigerian, Am A Biafran. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Mynd44: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland

(1)

Nnamdi Kanu: A Child Who Says Elders Are Irresponsible. By Kelechi Mbamnozie / Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? / Tension Rise In Rivers State As Wike Impose Chairmanship Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.