Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu (9657 Views)

2019: Ex-PDP Governors Meet At Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu's Residence (Photos) / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by itsdumebi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
Former Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu has backed the government's decision to use the military to monitor all social media activities in the country.

Aliyu, who was governor of Niger from May 2007 to May 2015, noted on Sunday that Nigerians should not condemn the actions of the Federal Government, considering the fact that if some of these contents are not well monitored on social media, there is a tendency that it could be used to create religious and ethnic tension amongst Nigerians.

"I support monitoring of the social media by the security agencies to control negative stories that can influence the lives of unsuspecting subscribers to do the wrong thing they never intended to do.

You cannot say negative things about a person or an institution especially when they are false without being challenged.

Some governments close the social media or part of it when they are in crisis in order to save their countries from collapse because of people who may not understand the use of social media," he said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/03/theres-no-harm-military-monitors-social-media-babangida/

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2017

I will be back

3 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Tamarapetty(f): 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
they won't face the pending issues in nigeria,it's the unnecessary they'd like to do. smh

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by plainol(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
Does he know what social media is? frog eye.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Cinkq: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
yes it should be monitored since people are abusing it. foolish talks and coarse jest like flat..head, skulminer, cannibal,head warmers,pigs an idiots and others we are seeing everyday on nairaland and other social media platforms are the reasons i think sanity has to be brought back to the cyber world.
we human do things better when monitored. so nobody should think this move is politically inspired.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
Abeg where is EFCC sef?

When is he having his date in court cheesy

Useless politician

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by richidinho(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
If the govt is doing well there won't be need for that, we are the one that will even help tweet and retweet the achievements

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Paperwhite(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
richidinho:
If the govt is doing well there won't be need for that
Yeah bro.Absolute no need.Useless government with misplaced priority.

12 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by PehaKaso: 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
angry
Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Omeokachie: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
Opolo eye e no be open eye.

Now na to use military for yahoo duties ba?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by auntysimbiat(f): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Really??
Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by CocoaOla: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
How do we kill the mosquito that perch on the scrotum? If we don't kill corruption, it will kill Nigeria soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by jimohattab: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Omeokachie:
Opolo eye e no be open eye.

Now na to use military for yahoo duties ba?

See perfect set up

5 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by besticality: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Why wouldn't he support it, birds of a feather. Opolo eyes

3 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by IloveTrump(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
its one of the I diot who used media propanda to boo gej out of aso rock. he is an APC member,so surprise.

25 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Badonasty(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
itsdumebi:
Former Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu has backed the government's decision to use the military to monitor all social media activities in the country.

Aliyu, who was governor of Niger from May 2007 to May 2015, noted on Sunday that Nigerians should not condemn the actions of the Federal Government, considering the fact that if some of these contents are not well monitored on social media, there is a tendency that it could be used to create religious and ethnic tension amongst Nigerians.

"I support monitoring of the social media by the security agencies to control negative stories that can influence the lives of unsuspecting subscribers to do the wrong thing they never intended to do.

You cannot say negative things about a person or an institution especially when they are false without being challenged.

Some governments close the social media or part of it when they are in crisis in order to save their countries from collapse because of people who may not understand the use of social media," he said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/03/theres-no-harm-military-monitors-social-media-babangida/

Corrupt frog

10 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by LastSurvivor11: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hate is the opposite of love and until equality, justice and fairness is restored in the country there must be hate speeches all over..
That's the only way the oppressed reduce their pains..
Meanwhile, why must it be the military and not the police? Are we at war already?

3 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by magoo10(m): 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2017
Politically useless persons talking

8 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Odianose13(m): 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
If you like monitor only nairaland, I don't care. But first let the government give Nigeria a flourishing economy and a country to be proud of. Then u can assert intelligence anywhere and we would hail and not wail.

2 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by 1shortblackboy: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
all these old men sef

11 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Firefire(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yeye fowl... angry

11 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Over two years ago it wasn't a problem. What changed?

18 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by ekems2017(f): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Why didnt you support it during your tenure?

13 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Guilderland1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
We should monitor him after he finished our money in Minna, after all that traditnal titles SUDENGI NUPE, TALBA MINNA, CHIEF THIEF SORRY SERVANT.

I HOPE EFCC WILL PUT HIM IN PRISON
Anya awo

19 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by lawalosky(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
personal interest.

1 Like

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by tolulance(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
If anybody monitor me i will lead them astrayed... I thought it's freedom of speech (communication)

1 Like

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Ilemona93(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
If the security agencies started monitoring the social media means no room for freedom of speech again na no sir
The hate speech is emanating from them the government officials not the people

3 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
lol

plainol:
Does he know what social media is? frog eye.
Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by emeijeh(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
What is this thief saying?!

9 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by achivs(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
social media dy expose them wella, now dy wan tu sanitize it

9 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by sinola(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Evaberry:

I will be back

foolish man...who seek for your opinion.
It doesnt count anymore...you embezzled your state fun.In an idle country,you should be cooling off in the jail

2 Likes

Re: I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu by Oluwaseyi456(m): 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
If u do well pple ll nt caus u on social media....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu To PDP: You Are Handicapped By Traumatic Feelings Of Loss Of Election / Xenophobia: SERAP Asks African Com. To Take S.A To Court,seeks $10b For Victims / Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.