Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,573 members, 7,847,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Marriage: Purpose And Roles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage: Purpose And Roles (515 Views)

Pst. Kumuyi - The Divine Purpose And Plan For The Godly Family / Marriage: Purpose And Roles / Marriage: Purpose And Roles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: Purpose And Roles by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2017
Pastor & Pastor Adeboye will be celebrating 50yrs wedding anniversary in a few days... yay!

Congrats to them.

Straight to the thread...

What is the biblical purpose of marriage?
What is the biblical role of the husband?
What is the biblical role of the wife?

Biblical and not traditional....

Sorry if the thread already screens out your views.
Re: Marriage: Purpose And Roles by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2018
Please, I want us to talk. I want to talk about this. If you are good, I'll drop my contact.
Re: Marriage: Purpose And Roles by bukatyne(f): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2018
Rock01:
Please, I want us to talk. I want to talk about this. If you are good, I'll drop my contact.

Talk here, I am listening
Re: Marriage: Purpose And Roles by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2018
bukatyne:

Talk here, I am listening
Ok ma'am. I understand the scepticism.
The the questions in your post provoke deep thoughts, although these issues are considered with great flippancy by majority (that's gives me some slight concern).
I want to listen to you. Why should we interpret marriage from biblical perspective?
Re: Marriage: Purpose And Roles by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
Rock01:

Ok ma'am. I understand the scepticism.
The the questions in your post provoke deep thoughts, although these issues are considered with great flippancy by majority (that's gives me some slight concern).
I want to listen to you. Why should we interpret marriage from biblical perspective?

@last paragraph: I am a Christian.

I was/am still expecting answers especially from Christian POV.

I recently stumbled on a blog: Bibilical Gender Roles and I must say that while the owner based his views on the Bible, I don't agree with his fundamentals.

Again, maybe culture is also strongly at play here.

Need people to contribute.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Believe There Is God When They Are About To Die? / President Buhari Receives Members Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / 5 Daily Morning Prayers To Make You A Champion For The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.