Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor (1333 Views)

My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election / Obi Betrayed My Father – Ojukwu Jr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by woye77: 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
The wife of the Acting President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, is angry with the Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva, for allegedly working against the emergence of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as acting president. Though Jonathan, in his speech, after the National Assembly’s resolution installing him as the acting president, had said there were neither winners nor losers in his emergence, but facts available to Daily Sun indicated that, Mrs. Jonathan is at loggerheads with those perceived to have worked against her husband’s emergence as acting president.

According to sources, Mrs. Jonathan allegedly pointedly accused Sylva, when he paid her a visit at their Akinola Aguda residence, of conniving with those who made efforts to frustrate the moves to make her husband acting president.

The sources said Mrs. Jonathan, who refused a gift Sylva brought for her, even mentioned a particular amount Sylva was said to have contributed to the war chest against her husband.

Visitors at the residence were said to have been shocked as Mrs. Jonathan launched into a bitter tirade against Sylva, who came with some government functionaries from the state.

All efforts by Sylva to explain and exonerate himself from any plot against Jonathan fell on deaf ears as Mrs. Jonathan refused to listen to him, it was gathered.

“You know madam has been a staunch supporter of Governor Sylva but during the governor’s last visit, madam accused him of working against her husband. Even the gift the governor brought, she refused it, and accused him of budgeting money to fight her husband.”

An impeccable source close to Governor Sylva, who confirmed the story, said it was unfortunate that Mrs. Jonathan would believe mischief makers who had been attempting to cause disharmony between Jonathan and Sylva since the latter became governor of the state.

“Everybody knows what Bayelsa is going through financially, where would the governor get money to prosecute an imaginary war?” the source asked.

The source said Sylva was unruffled and remained focused in giving his best to Bayelsa as he believed that he would be vindicated at the end of the day.

It would be recalled that an aide of Sylva, the Director General of Tourism and Publicity Bureau, Hon. Nathan Egba, had come out to defend Sylva when reports about his alleged involvement in the anti-Jonathan plot filtered out.

Egba, who noted that Jonathan and Sylva’s relationship remained cordial, stated that Sylva as a governor had no role in who became acting president.

He had said: “People without understanding or taking a situation in their proper perspective begin to insinuate and say things.

There is no constitutional role for any governor in the vice president succeeding the president in this country. So, Sylva does not have any such powers and he is not even pretending to have such powers.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/23/508.html
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Abagworo(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
Is patience in any way related to turai?
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
jjjjeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nigeria is in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see all the razz news wey just dey emerge from the place these days!!!!!!!!!

backwardness and anti-progressiveness here we come!!!
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
All we ask for is a potent president.
And for Obj to shut up and stop acting like he's important in Nigeria's politics.

If a man cant do the job, plz put a woman in the chair jare.
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by citizenY(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
Honestly, I don tire for all this First Lady bizness.

See how Journalists are trying to create a monster out of Patience
when we never jump commot finish from Turai hand.

Why can't we learn a few lessons
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by OAM4J: 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2010
FL Gators:

All we ask for is a potent president.
And for Obj to shut up and stop acting like he's important in Nigeria's politics.

If a man cant do the job, plz put a woman in the chair jare.

Sorry, what has obj got to do with this stupid story?

Dont believe everything you read on the pages of newspapers & internet. A lot of them are imaginations of the writers.
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
Jonathan is also a 'submissive' husband. Just like Yar'Adua. All these henpecked presidents sef.

Abi how many times did the papers talk of Stella Obasanjo sticking out her chest to meddle in 'bolekaja' politics. No smoke without a fire abeg cool
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2010
OAM4J:

Sorry, what has obj got to do with this silly story?

Dont believe everything you read on the pages of newspapers & internet. A lot of them are imaginations of the writers.
Talking in General. . . .Nigeria's politics in General.

Really? Lol, thank you, Daddy, I wont take those fantasies serious anymore lol.
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Fhemmmy: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
Another logger head ?
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by rebranded(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2010
How can you guys believe news from Odili?
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
rebranded:

How can you guys believe news from Odili?
no mind all these 'inside source revealed' news page jare, them be gbeboruns
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by otawa: 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
Nigerians are funny people, more like people not capable of deep thinking.

Immediately GoodLuck was made governor, his wife was caught with $2,000,000.00 cash at MM airport by EFCC.

What happened to that case?

And in 2010 Nigerians expect miracle from same woman and her husband!

Nigerians deserve the LIFE they have at the moment. If they want true change, they will remember Bob Marley:

Stand up for your right
Re: 'you Betrayed My Husband!' Mrs Jonathan Accuses Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 24, 2010
what am i saying sef.

patience should give dirty slaps to anyone wey wan prove stubborn jare.

after all Iyabo used her headtie to deal with her governor

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Is Already A Legend In Nigerian History, Whatever Happens. / National Judicial Council Suspends Justice Ayo Salami Jca / Nigeria's Northern Boarders: Implications For Security And Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.