Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) (36003 Views)

2-Year-Old Boy Starved By His Father And Stepmother In Warri Rescued (Photos) / Thief Jumps Inside Lagos Lagoon After Stealing, Gets Rescued (Photos) / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by ThisTrend(f): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2017

One Chime Chinedu Afamefuna, 25, has been saved from death after drinking a poisonous concoction suspected to be rat poison in a bid to commit suicide on August 12. The incident took place in a classroom at Uwani Boys Secondary School Enugu.

According to NewTelegraph, he was saved by a member of the Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Legion Corpsof Commissionaires, Ekoh-Clement O.I., who along with his men stumbled on Chime and alerted Uwani police division.

He was then rushed unconscious to the police hospital Enugu, where he was revived. Every effort made to extract the real motive for the attempted suicide has proven abortive.

When the police invited Aneke, the woman whose name was on a suicide note he wrote, it was discovered that she is Afamefuna’s auntie and also sponsored his secondary school education before he ran away from home and joined street boys.

It was gathered that Afamefuna’s mother died shortly after giving birth to his immediate younger brother. Aneke said since the sad incident, she assumed the responsibility of taking care of him and his younger brother.

The auntie was said to have expressed frustrations at Afamefuna’s delinquent behaviours, a development that had seen him in and out of police cells before he finally eloped from home and started living street life.

She was said to have however expressed willingness to keep her doors open if the young man would turn a new leaf and return home. It was observed that street life possibly exposed Afamefuna to cultism.

And that perhaps he couldn’t meet up with cult demands hence the decision to take his life. Also, the last phrase of his suicide note, “IN THE NAME OF FUTA-JALUN my mother high temple”, may have something to do with either mysticism or cultism.

See His Note Below;

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/09/suicidal-25-yr-old-man-rescued-after.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by DanseMacabre(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2017
'In the name of Futa-Jalun my mother high temple.'

Diagnosis: Radicalisation, leading to mental retardation and subsequent disenchantment with life. Non compos mentis.

Recommendation: T.B Joshua's or the psychatric wing of the closest functional hospital.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by danny56: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2017
Don't take your life if u can't resurrect from death....meaning you have no right doing it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by veekid(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Buhari sef

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by maryjan8(f): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Killing yourself is never the solution my dear

1 Like

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
angry Una for leave am make he die, I hope you guys give him money to solve his problems o.

18 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Pidginwhisper: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by ogilivictor: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
So pple no.dey fear death ooooo
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
Why will someone be reminding us of RATAK in this festive period?

Why?

8 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by raker300: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
South east have the best medical treatments in Nigeria

Trust me

Brain surgeries in enugu

Heart surgeries in anambra

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by loomer: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Suicide no be option my brother
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
raker300:
South east have the best medical treatments in Nigeria

Trust me

Brain surgeries in enugu

Heart surgeries in anambra
They have no choice really they have the biggest problem in Nigeria

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by LecciGucci: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin IS Awolowo afonja the mentor of the Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by julimax(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
See tory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Nonywendy(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
Allahu akbar

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by ctex4real(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
You are going nowhere my man, the zoo belongs to all of us grin

28 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by ayamprecious: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
Mother temple ko, father house ni
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by sholay2011(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
This is heartbreaking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
These Biafrauud people dey make person laugh sha
Chicken livered chest beaters! Forward!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by fpeter(f): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Weed at work.
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by faith551(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
The fear of the unknown is the greatest fear they say, but the way ppl commit suicide this days make me wonder if they think twice before attempting taking their life. I mean what if its all oblivion after all this its nt worth it at all.
Between I think Nigeria should incorporate great Britain's Law back then in the 1960's.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by LecciGucci: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Ogashub(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ediota
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by digoster(m): 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Diagnosis: Radicalisation, leading to mental retardation and subsequent disenchantment with life. Non compos mentis.

Recommendation: T.B Joshua's or the psychatric wing of the closest functional hospital.
what are you saying

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by softworker(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by goingape1: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
ThisTrend:

One Chime Chinedu Afamefuna, 25, has been saved from death after drinking a poisonous concoction suspected to be rat poison in a bid to commit suicide on August 12. The incident took place in a classroom at Uwani Boys Secondary School Enugu.

According to NewTelegraph, he was saved by a member of the Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Legion Corpsof Commissionaires, Ekoh-Clement O.I., who along with his men stumbled on Chime and alerted Uwani police division.

He was then rushed unconscious to the police hospital Enugu, where he was revived. Every effort made to extract the real motive for the attempted suicide has proven abortive.

When the police invited Aneke, the woman whose name was on a suicide note he wrote, it was discovered that she is Afamefuna’s auntie and also sponsored his secondary school education before he ran away from home and joined street boys.

It was gathered that Afamefuna’s mother died shortly after giving birth to his immediate younger brother. Aneke said since the sad incident, she assumed the responsibility of taking care of him and his younger brother.

The auntie was said to have expressed frustrations at Afamefuna’s delinquent behaviours, a development that had seen him in and out of police cells before he finally eloped from home and started living street life.

She was said to have however expressed willingness to keep her doors open if the young man would turn a new leaf and return home. It was observed that street life possibly exposed Afamefuna to cultism.

And that perhaps he couldn’t meet up with cult demands hence the decision to take his life. Also, the last phrase of his suicide note, “IN THE NAME OF FUTA-JALUN my mother high temple”, may have something to do with either mysticism or cultism.

See His Note Below;

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/09/suicidal-25-yr-old-man-rescued-after.html

skull miners will be disappointed right now!

don't go spoiling others business, if you want to die use heavy doses of that poison.

learn from awolowo!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Gblogun: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
My guy don tire for naija
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Mechette(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:

MEANING?
Re: Man Writes Suicide Note In Enugu, Drinks Rat Poison But Was Rescued (Photos) by Folzye(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
People are really going through a lot in this country, God help Nigeria

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Posing As Police Officers Steal Gold Worth ₦14b From Brazil Airpor / I Sold Ifesinachi Ani To Emir Of Zazzau-abductor / Aliyu Tijjani Dies In Kyrgyzstan: Nigerian Lecturer Mobbed In Racist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.