Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? (633 Views)

Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Signs Of The End Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2010
Do you believe there will be an apocalypse, armageddon or some sort of cataclysmic catastrophy that will engulf the whole planet earth?
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by ilosiwaju: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2010
no.
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by jagunlabi(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2010
Anything is possible.A time will come when mother earth will finally start a thorough house cleaning and when that time comes, things will really get topsy turvy.Imagine doing a general cleaning of your house and also doing clearouts of old stuffs to make way for new stuffs and order.At the beginning, your house will be in chaos before it finally returns to orderliness when the cleanups and clearouts are over.It is exactly the same thing with the earth.House cleaning and clearouts of old stuffs is long overdue, so expect chaos in the near future.Mother earth must shake off the accumulated army of lice and take a bath . . .
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Tonyet1(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
Oga Jagunlabi,

did you really say those up here? cheesy "Change is the only constant thing they say"
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by jagunlabi(m): 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yes, i did.What is so "unjagunlabi" about what i said?And yes, jagunlabi is forever changing.It is called "following the evolutionary impulse of the universe".
Jagunlabi of a few minutes ago is not the same as jagunlabi of this very moment, and the same goes for you and everybody else existing in this eternal flux called life.
Panta Rae, everything flows, and it will keep on flowing. . . smiley
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
ilosiwaju:

no.

Please can you back your answer with reasons? I need your answers for analysis
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Tonyet1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

Yes, i did.What is so "unjagunlabi" about what i said?And yes, jagunlabi is forever changing.It is called "following the evolutionary impulse of the universe".
Jagunlabi of a few minutes ago is not the same as jagunlabi of this very moment, and the same goes for you and everybody else existing in this eternal flux called life.
Panta Rae, everything flows, and it will keep on flowing. . . smiley

So at least i take it that you'll someday find urself out of your mind delusion into the true realities! wink
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by jagunlabi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tonye-t:

So at least i take it that you'll someday find urself out of your mind delusion into the true realities! wink
And what might these true realities be?Please don't disappoint me by telling me they are those christian sesame street fairy tales. grin
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Tonyet1(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

And what might these true realities be?Please don't disappoint me by telling me they are those christian sesame street fairy tales. grin

Fear not Sir,

They aint no "same street fairy tales" like you put it.

True Realities

Its but a life that comes back to embrass the fact that somehow someway, you and i are both products of a source.

It makes no difference the modes and forms of our connection to this source rather what matters is the soul-cry of our very being yearning to reconcile that which was lost (sourceless) to that which is always found (Sourceful).

Yeah the profess of my faith is only my own way of connecting to "this life", and the same goes for your profess too. But one thing remains very important, and that is in the quest for our reconnection there could only be two roads, One leading to the "sourceful" and the other a long path of self-delusion.

Now someday, i pray your quest for this reconnection will lead you aright, until then i say Panta Rae! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by jagunlabi(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Thank you, sir.That is why we are all searching, to reconnect back to the source.The journey, while it is a lonely and very personal one, it is also quite intriguing and challenging one, too.Everybody has to go through it.That is why it is fun.
I wish you a happy searching and finding too.

Now back to the original topic.
Tonye-t:

Fear not Sir,

They aint no "same street fairy tales" like you put it.

True Realities

Its but a life that comes back to embrass the fact that somehow someway, you and i are both products of a source.

It makes no difference the modes and forms of our connection to this source rather what matters is the soul-cry of our very being yearning to reconcile that which was lost (sourceless) to that which is always found (Sourceful).

Yeah the profess of my faith is only my own way of connecting to "this life", and the same goes for your profess too. But one thing remains very important, and that is in the quest for our reconnection there could only be two roads, One leading to the "sourceful" and the other a long path of self-delusion.

Now someday, i pray your quest for this reconnection will lead you aright, until then i say Panta Rae! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by Tonyet1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jagunlabi,

In a journey, do you believe there could be the possibility of finding oneself in the wrong path? and If yes, what would you advise? embarassed embarassed
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by jagunlabi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tonye-t, we have strayed enough off topic.answering your question will only further contribute to the derailing.

But i will quickly answer your question by saying that going on the wrong path is part of the fun.If you are a real seeker searching to reconnect, then you will realize soon enough that you are offtrack and choose a different path.There is always a different and new path to choose if the old one is leading nowhere.But there is alway something new to learn about oneself and the world one lives in in whatever path one chooses, wrong one or right one.That is the great fun thing about searching, always getting new and useful informations wherever one finds oneself.Absolutely great.
Tonye-t:

Jagunlabi,

In a journey, do you believe there could be the possibility of finding oneself in the wrong path? and If yes, what would you advise? embarassed embarassed

Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by thehomer: 11:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
We really shouldn't confuse the end of the earth with the end of life on it and not confuse that with the end of the human species.

The earth will probably end with the sun expanding and swallowing it. But with regards to humans and other life on it, who knows? Though it is highly unlikely that the actions of humans will cause the end of all life on it.
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by FMK(m): 6:51am On Feb 25, 2010
two possibilities the world as planet can be destroyed by cosmic effects and the human been will be victims other side God can exterminate the human been and spare the earth
Re: Do You Believe In "the End Of The World"? by benodic: 1:51am On Feb 26, 2010
dear jagunlabi
your insights are so refreshing. i for one who have searched for the right path, i ended up realizing that there is no wrong or right path as we are all on our own individual path. and really one should have fun in this journey. it is really not as dreary as the Christians make it out to be. coming to the question at hand, of course the world will come to an end when its time is up. everything that has a beginning must have an end. the only things in the universe that will continue to exists are God and souls. they have no beginning andtherefore no end. the worlds were created by God as a school for souls to come and learn the lessons of love.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Belief In Wichcraft? / New In Nigeria / Latest Mtn And Etisalat Free Browsing Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.