Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande (25104 Views)

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend / Abdulmajid Danbilki Commander: Tinubu Cannot Rule Us By Dictatorship / Osun Election: PDP Floors APC In Bisi Akande’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by LAUWALI222(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
They will just squandalise our money
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ikaboy: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
I totally agree with this man... With the kind our youths worshipping huspuppi, dezianni, kanu, we do have a long way to go
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
MhizzAJ:
It's just that nobody takes Nigerian youth seriously again...If not i wonder what someone like Buhari should be doing in power.

The Youths should be at d forefront ...I think the youth can be more useful to national development and democratic advancement

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by sarrki(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
ajepako:

You omitted youths like Yaya Bello and even Ortom...

Yes sis

I agree 100%
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
mars123:
Dont worry ehn when your generation don die finish your ghosts will come and rule nigeriya.

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
DanseMacabre:
If I talk wetin dey my mind now, dem go tag am hate speech, so I'll have to make do with 'Bisi Akande, your father!'

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Kayceenaz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
To an extent, I concur to Bisi Akande's assertion. Most Nigerian youths are operating with warped values, hence their struggle to deliver when given the slightest chance. You need examples? Impunity rife in higher institutions' student union governments, Governor Yahaya Bello, former speaker Dimeji Bankole, to mention but a few.

Nigeria needs a mental restructuring targeted at quality of values permissible in the polity. This doesn't mean the individuality of Nigerians would be encroached but that they are orientated to act in a manner which doesn't concurrently jeopardize the nation's well-being. I suggest a Values Education.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by burkingx(f): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
Evablizin:
Ok sir

But the fathers and great grandfathers ruling are not doing well currently grand fathers are ruling yet no positive change rather they are accumulating wealth for their children and children children.

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Jaqenhghar: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few
Including you.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by FLYFIRE(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
sarrki:
I kind of agree

Same youths that produced Gani Adams, Evans FFK,Asari dokubo, Nnamdi KANU and shekau to mentioned but few
Wait a minute, I hope you are not talking about the id.iots that made an I.DIOT the president

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by SHTFguy: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
It is the job of the elders to nurture and guide the youth.

By dismissing the youth who are a product of your guidance, you have failed woefully.

90% of the blame should go to this current so-called elders and leaders for destroying the future generation to come by unleashing this band of sociopaths called youth who look up to them for inspiration and guidance.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by iswallker(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
bossmayor3:
I disagree with you sir, on the note you said no competent youth in this whole Nigeria to lead this grate country, it's a slap to our face. And this is why I blame all the youth for been quiet for too long hopen things will change by him self like magic but how will that bee possible without no machinary put in place, our efforts are needed to chase away those (old fulls)our quietness is becoming somting else" less stand for each other, together we will build naija..

The way you write makes me think it may take a while longer for us to take the mantle of leadership...
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
pittoilet:
Former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande has said that the brand of democratic system in Nigeria is akin to military junta, noting that political players are not better than military dictators and despots.

The former Osun State Governor also expressed pessimism over the competence of the youths to take over the mantle of leadership, saying there is total erosion of values among the young generation.

“The core value system is no more in place. We have a mixture of the negative and positive tendencies among the youths.

“The negative tendencies are more than the positive ones. How do we get sincere and good future leaders in the present society”.

Akande, spoke when he payed host to members of Pan Yoruba group known as Yoruba Patriotic Movement at his Ila-Orogun, his country home.

He noted that the whole political system and pattern of governance in Nigeria predicated on “governance with impunity”.

He explained that the Nigerian party system was still far from entrenching internal democracy base on carryover of military orientation and gestapo approach.

Akande insisted that the only way democracy could be sustained and nurtured in a party system is to have an independent and virile political parties, the one not tied to the apron string of any governmental institution or structure.

“Political party grew in hierarchy system in those days; whether you are tailor, bricklayer, carpenter or whoever, you must learn politics through your political party.

“You cannot just rise up and say you want to become this, you want to become that in the party. You must learn first. Political party was a leadership training ground.

“But the military deliberately killed that system. The military wanted to be controlling the political party after they left power.

“The military created political party like NRC, SDP during Babangida’s time; we would remember the five leprosy fingers of General Sani Abacha. After they left government, they made regulations for the political parties through the civilian government.

“Up till date, military mentality still pervades our political system. Unfortunately, those who knew the military plan have left the political party leadership. Majority of the people at the leaderships of the political party are those who grew or learn politics in the military arrangement”, Akande opined.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/09/youths-cannot-rule-nigeria-bisi-akande/

Is it not bisi akande and his generation who enjoyed this country in their youth but went ahead 2 destroy it 4d youths coming after them&eroding all d values which they inherited from their forebears?
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by enimooko: 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
MhizzAJ:
It's just that nobody takes Nigerian youth seriously again...If not i wonder what someone like Buhari should be doing in power.

The Youths should be at d forefront ...I think the youth can be more useful to national development and democratic advancement
shocked shocked FIRE
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by IgedeBushBoy(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
Sad but true. The average youth is only interested in flexing (drinking, smoking, drugs, etc) while our fathers do the actual planning. Jonathan and his godfathers inculcated the spirit of corruption, greed and other undesirable life styles in us.
That is why we can count on somebody like Buhari to sanitise the system, bringing that spirit of integrity of the past.
May God bless Buhari
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria tongue
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ExInferis(m): 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Really?

"core value system is not in place".

Parents and leaders instil the values.

Well you're a parent and a leader....guess who failed at both jobs?

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
Not all these desperate youths of our generationgrin
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by mmsen: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
It's always amusing to me listening to this useless old people who complain about the children that they failed.

They didn't build a viable nation. They didn't raise their children to be capable of leadership. Why are they still alive when everything they touch is a failure in their eyes?
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks to the old goons,the youths are reaping the seeds of their four fathers.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
The system cannot produce good youth. It will produce a younger set of rapacious, money fueled politician's. First we need to devolve power to the states, increase the qualification for those seeking office and then cap campaign funding.

Otherwise it will be younger rogues.

But are there suitable young people? Yes! For sure. But in the current setting those people are running their businesses and steering clear of the muck.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by SalomonKane: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bisi Akande can say whatever he likes. However, the moral decay he speak about didn't start with the youths, but the old. So, the youths only follow the footstep of the old. After all, "leadership by example". The old laid the foundation and building for moral decadence, the youth admire the building and follow suit.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by ywole: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Dollyak:

Same youth that produced you more like. You lots deserve your leaders. *Raise a toast* to more politician stealing and hunger for the gullible masses.
Selfish Leaders..
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Bluffly: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Arrant nonsense. What does he mean by core values. If they have themselves have core values, let them stop stealing Nigeria dry and make available world standard infrastructures accessible to all common Nigeria. From time immemorial, the bad as always been in existence just as the good. There have always been criminals and saints. The only difference now is that our population has increased but percentages of good and bad still remain relatively same.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by chineduemmao: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
Wisdom!!! but its unfortunate that many didnt read the text body before commenting
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Bluffly: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
iswallker:

The way you write makes me think it may take a while longer for us to take the mantle of leadership...
Quite hilarious. So his writing skills will determine if he has integrity and leadership skills. SMH for you.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by victorioushands: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
face of corruption.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
ziggyzee:
"Youth is not a time of life but a state of mind."
The Nigerian youth (a vast majority) cannot be identified with any common sense. They blame the government for everything, forgetting that they have contributed more than any age demography in bringing ineffective governments into power. Five times (1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 & 2015), they've had the chance to subvert the paradigm by removing the old cargoes from power but they prefer to be handed one thousand naira and packet of noodles for exchange for votes, then the revert to kidnapping, internet fraud, armed robbery and other vices when there is nothing left to eat. More prevalent is the application of jungle justice when a common man like them steals a fowl, whereas, the elected politicians and appointees who represent them and steal the country dry are worshipped by same youths. The state of mind of the Nigerian youth is thoroughly maleficent.
Fvcking awesome!
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by InvertedHammer: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Can you imagine what nation we will have with:

Omenkalives as President.
Sarrki as VP
Ngeneukwuenu as Minister of Information.

The regime will be worse than the combination of that of Hitler, Abacha, Saddam, Buhari and Kim Jong-um combined.

So why would any rational mind take the Nigerian youth seriously?

\
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by bullabong(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
pittoilet:
Former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Bisi Akande has said that the brand of democratic system in Nigeria is akin to military junta, noting that political players are not better than military dictators and despots.

The former Osun State Governor also expressed pessimism over the competence of the youths to take over the mantle of leadership, saying there is total erosion of values among the young generation.

“The core value system is no more in place. We have a mixture of the negative and positive tendencies among the youths.

“The negative tendencies are more than the positive ones. How do we get sincere and good future leaders in the present society”.

Akande, spoke when he payed host to members of Pan Yoruba group known as Yoruba Patriotic Movement at his Ila-Orogun, his country home.

He noted that the whole political system and pattern of governance in Nigeria predicated on “governance with impunity”.

He explained that the Nigerian party system was still far from entrenching internal democracy base on carryover of military orientation and gestapo approach.

Akande insisted that the only way democracy could be sustained and nurtured in a party system is to have an independent and virile political parties, the one not tied to the apron string of any governmental institution or structure.

“Political party grew in hierarchy system in those days; whether you are tailor, bricklayer, carpenter or whoever, you must learn politics through your political party.

“You cannot just rise up and say you want to become this, you want to become that in the party. You must learn first. Political party was a leadership training ground.

“But the military deliberately killed that system. The military wanted to be controlling the political party after they left power.

“The military created political party like NRC, SDP during Babangida’s time; we would remember the five leprosy fingers of General Sani Abacha. After they left government, they made regulations for the political parties through the civilian government.

“Up till date, military mentality still pervades our political system. Unfortunately, those who knew the military plan have left the political party leadership. Majority of the people at the leaderships of the political party are those who grew or learn politics in the military arrangement”, Akande opined.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/09/youths-cannot-rule-nigeria-bisi-akande/

good thinking.
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by raphaeladeyele: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nigeria anyone
Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by chineduemmao: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bluffly:
Arrant nonsense. What does he mean by core values. If they have themselves have core values, let them stop stealing Nigeria dry and make available world standard infrastructures accessible to all common Nigeria. From time immemorial, the bad as always been in existence just as the good. There have always been criminals and saints. The only difference now is that our population has increased but percentages of good and bad still remain relatively same.

it's not arrant nonsense, he's just saying it would get worse

1 Like

Re: Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande by clandestine777(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
But we do say youth are d glory of a country. I'm sure if a viable youth take power, Nigeria will be transmogrified in a while [color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Clothes Burnt In Nzam, Anambra As Members Welcome Tony Nwoye (Pics) / UK Private Visit: Remain Silent Or Stop Lying, Lawyer Tells Presidency / Buhari Directs Agencies To Certify Locally Made Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.