Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? (3191 Views)

Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
If you want to become a holder of Nigeria International passport you must know its price. How much is Nigerian International passport? We have all the information here for you.

How much is Nigerian International Passport?
How much does Nigerian International passport cost?
Nigerian International Passport
The International passport price in Nigeria is, as usual, still a confusing issue. There was information that the price for obtaining a passport would be increased. This is unfair because, why should people pay for a document that they are entitled to receive for free since they are citizens of Nigeria? Why should they buy their own country's passport? Regardless of this point, if you want to get this passport then it's safe to say that you will have to pay a fee.

In 2014, there was an increase in the cost of Nigerian International Passport. The Nigerian Immigration Service increased the price from N7,000 to N20,000. The fee is already so huge but the NIS wants to increase it even more.

But today there is another problem. Now about 4000 applications are in a hitch in different passport offices. All because there are no booklets. That is why the cost is growing - the booklets are unavailable and the exchange rate is changing.

International Passport
You might be wondering:

"How much is Nigerian International Passport now?"

If you apply in Nigeria, here are the numbers:

1. Age 0-17, booklet type - 32 pages - N8,750; booklet type 64 pages - N20,000.

2. Age 18-59, booklet type - 32 pages - N15,000; booklet type 64 pages - N20,000.

3. Age 60+ - booklet type - 32 pages - N8,750; booklet type 64 pages - N20,000.

The price in all embassies, consulates, and high commissions in US dollar:

1. Age 0-17, booklet type - 32 pages - $65; booklet type 64 pages - $125.

2. Age 18-59, booklet type - 32 pages - $94; booklet type 64 pages - $125.

3. Age 60+ - booklet type - 32 pages - $65; booklet type 64 pages - $125.

You should also know about the requirements if you intend to pay outside of Nigeria. The payment will be in US dollars if you choose to process your document in another country. In order to fill the application and to pay in US dollars you will be re-directed to an approved payment platform.

When you're done with the payment, attend your interview with the relevant documents. To print the NIS e-receipt on the home page of the portal, click on the "Query your application payment status" link. Select "Passport" option on the next page. It will be under the "Application type".

Then you need to enter the following details:

- ID of application;

- reference number;

- if applicable - number of validation;

- submit the details.

Then scroll down and press "Print Receipt". In the new window, you will receive your NIS e-receipt. To send a copy to the printer, click "Print this receipt".

If you want to generate the Passport Guarantor's Form, click on the form of passport guarantor. You must do it at the home page of the Nigeria Immigration Service. Then enter the ID number and the reference which is generated on the acknowledgment slip. Then press the button "Print" to print the first page and then the second page.

The main document
What can we conclude? The Nigerian International passport (e-passport) is the main and only document that confirms that you are a citizen of Nigeria. So you can leave your native country in order to visit others and then return to Nigeria.

But while trying to obtain this passport, there are difficulties as a result of payment. The price changes sometimes and it is constantly increasing so there is the fear that it will increase again. As a result, Nigerian citizens have no other options except to accept the situation when it comes to obtaining passports.

Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by AirstarKane(f): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
thanks for the info. i was just thinking of getting one but then no thinking of traveling out soon is it a necessity and how long before a renewal?what's the differences with the booklet types?
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thank you
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by dingbang(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Time span for validity is what please
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by bodejohn(m): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
dingbang:
Time span for validity is what please

5 years.
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by bodejohn(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
AirstarKane:
thanks for the info. i was just thinking of getting one but then no thinking of traveling out soon is it a necessity and how long before a renewal?what's the differences with the booklet types?

32 pages for once or twice in a year travellers and 64 pages for the ajalas...

But trust me, the qouted prices in Naira are outdated, 32 pages for age 0 - 17years is now 20k (Aug 2017 price), so age 18yrs to 65yrs would definitely be more.
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by permsec: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
How much is wait and take?
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Sheriftoyin: 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Good stuff
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Is there any booklet in abuja now? Are they producing the passport?
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Maggiespecial(f): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Pls i cant find my passport again. What are the procedures in getting new one? Thank u
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by johnsmith5: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
great thanks for the useful info! That's what I was looking for!
Re: How Much Is Nigerian International Passport? by Nnemuka(f): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=Maggiespecial post=60167481][/quote]
If your husband is going to newyork from Portharcourt then it has to be Airfrance or Lufthansa which may be on the high side.
If he wants cheaper then he can go from Lagos, and any other airline plying that route.
Since he stays in PHC i also stay there and you can contact me on zero seven zero eight four four five zero one eight zero.
i am a travel agent and i reside in phc.
Let me know dates of travel and return, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Dove Crest / Countries That Are Peaceful To Live In / Military Girl From Denmark Is Wanted For Killing 100 ISIS Soldiers (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.