Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Biafra: Why It May Never Come. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why It May Never Come. (673 Views)

Fatima Ganduje-Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Can Never Come Close To Ajimobi / Biafra: Why Iā€™m Flouting Bail Conditions ā€“ Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? ā€“ Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by gnykelly(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
Firstly I must say I sympathize with the Biafra cause in Light of what I experieced as a youth corp member in one of the far eastern state. my sympathy is not in support of the kind of fire brand and hate mongering type of nationalism exhibited by Nnamdi Kanu and his fellow IPOB member.

MY service year was the first time I left the south western part of Nigeria, but journey coasting eastward change some perspective about the people their region and their plight and cause. Right from Benin-Ore expressway criss crossing the whole of south east the road is puctuated by series of failed at each places. these are not just porthole this are failed road fromm between 500m to over 3km. That is just main road what happen in hinterland is way beyond comprehension that I can explain here even an IBO man who have lived all his life in Lagos will not want to accept it as truth. except he relocate and at a strectch.

THERE are two types of Ibos( just for the sake of this analysis) those who lived in outside the region and the ones that lived in the southeast.(lets code it as IboLagos and IboHome).

THE characteristics of the Ibolagos he his well established own business well integrated and have a large portion of their wealth outside the southeast region things like water and electricity and access to EVERYTHING that make both life and business they have access to it Airport seaport banks good road and communication network. He often travel home with a bag of rice and display of cash he made and 'settle' poeple at home at most he spent two weeks in a year and those time is spent in hotels where he get a feel of where he was coming from either malaysia lagos or europe that is how they roll the class of this are Alaba traders Emoney Psquare the everday business Ibo man and corporate worker.

THE characteristics of the IboHome the best among them who graduated their only hope is the civil service before the advent of Hotels. the everyday businessman need a Lagos connect to import his from overseas. if you need a part for a car or phone the will have to call the lagos connect for current price and it will be waybilled. the other Ibo at the village toiled the earth for agric produce that is poor and the unforgiven middle-men will bargian the whole profit that will leave her with little to roll on. I decided not to leave even for holiday and experience it all. I saw poverty and extreme hoplessness a poeple who have nothing to lose. angry youth. schools without teachers or classrooms educational system that depend on corp member. I saw utter helplessness.

GAME THEORY.
A branch of game theory called the prisoners delimma was applied bt federal government to the Biafra struggle and it seemed to be working perfectly
What is PRISONERS DILEMMA?
It expalain how two 'RATIONAL' being or group would react in certain conditions
a case
If MrA and MrB both commit a crime and they are arressted each of the prisoner is given opprtunity to betray each other or coperated

1)If A and B each betray each other,each of them serves 2 years in prison.
2) If A betray B but B remains silent, each of them serves 2 years in prison. ( and vice versa)
3) If A and B both remain silent, both of them only serve 1 years in prison (on the lesser charge).

How does the prisoners delimmas applied to the Biafra cause. The Ibo nation have been unfortunate to find itself as two set of people as I have explained up there one group the IboLagos are more malleable and are approachable and love the status quo due to the accrued benefit they are getting with the present structure the IboLagos here does mean those living in lagos it means a class of people like the kings, governor, business people and other Ibos who have left southeast for years and are unwilling to relocate since they mostly now feel at home in their various places.
the understand little or nothing at all about the IboHome. and they are always the one that want to represent the Ibo cause.

Now in recent weeks we've seen how their have been compromise that address not the main cause of the Biafra struggle. both have chosen the option 3 on the prisoner dilemma. they have chosen the lesser charge.

but I live the Biafra agitator with the message ' he who run away from fight will come to fight another day. PEACE
Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by Danny287(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by gnykelly(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
in the long run Nnamdi Kanu will be rearrested. and heaven will not fall.
Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by aragonchuks(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Trash as usual ..
Lol you see hopelessness in people living in modern houses ...?.
No IDP CAMPS
Brown roof ?Mbanu ...

NIGERIA tufiakwa gi!!!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by 7inches: 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hahahahahah yorubas will jot cease to amaze me.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by gnykelly(m): 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
aragonchuks:
Trash as usual ..
Lol you see hopelessness in people living in modern houses ...?.
No IDP CAMPS
Brown roof ?Mbanu ...

NIGERIA tufiakwa gi!!!

it is not trash you guys are already divided. and Biafra may never come.

did you see rev. father mbaka comment on your struggle.
Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2017
gnykelly:

Support Biafra and stop mis-yarning

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by Danny287(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Just observing
Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by Jonathan39: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
The same mbaka told Igbos to vote for buhari and what happened? You know nothing about Igbos. No man decides for Igbos we decide for ourselves. The reason why Nnamdi kanu is succeeding is because when you talk biafra the whole Igbos listen. That doesn't mean we don't know criminals among us like uwazurike. My question is why have Yorubas chosed to be cowards instead of facing their oduduwa they are more interested in what Igbos do. Must you guys always be second in everything, why can't you decide for yourself?
gnykelly:

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by Eastfield1: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
gnykelly:
in the long run Nnamdi Kanu will be rearrested. and heaven will not fall.
this was the only reason why you created this thread.
Every Ediot now has opinion about Biafra and NK
we are waiting for you to come & Arrest NK.
Onye Nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by aragonchuks(m): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
gnykelly:

His headache not mine .....
Truly Biafra d give una headache o

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why It May Never Come. by INTERMAN: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
You mean Biafra?

(1) (Reply)

Hausa And Igbos Currently Clashing At Abraka / Come To The North-gov. Shettima To Igbos / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Tribune Newspaper Headlines [28 September, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.