Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

6 Phrases You Should Never Use At The Office - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Phrases You Should Never Use At The Office (378 Views)

Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / NEVER Use Chrisvicmall, They Are Scammers. / 13 Phrases That Salespeople Should Never Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Phrases You Should Never Use At The Office by Turetalk: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
The corporate world is increasingly sieving out every form of ethical informality.

Listed below are my top six suggestions for the “DO NOT SAY” list. Using these comments in business (and life) can diminish your stature in the eyes of others, minimize what you are saying, or tarnish your professional image:

#. Can I ask a question?

You don’t have to ask permission; just ask the question.

#. I’m sorry to bother you.

Why are you a bother? You can say, “Excuse me. Do you have a moment?”

#. I was hoping that you could spare a few moments.

Same as above. Simply say, “Excuse me. Do you have a moment?”

#. Thank you for listening to me.

At the end of a presentation, you should say, “Thank you.” This lets the audience know that the presentation is over. You don’t have to thank people for listening to you. Aren’t your comments and opinions worthwhile?

#. I will be honest with you.

Aren’t you always honest? You don’t need to use this phrase.

#. I was just wondering if perhaps.

This phrase is a passive way of asking a question or backing into a statement. You can eliminate “I was just wondering if perhaps” and simply ask a question or make a statement. Instead of “I was just wondering if perhaps there will be enough computers for the project?” you can say, “Will there be enough computers for the project?”

OR WHAT AM I MISSING OUT (Please Comment Below)

Join Us On Facebook For More Business Tip http://facebook.com/turetalks

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Business By Dr. Tunde Ariyibi / Amcom Storms Best Western In Commando Style / Create & Operate A Fully Functional Paypal Account That Receives And Send Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.