Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise (32213 Views)

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Saintp(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Whatever you niggaz do make sure that no more blood is spilled in this nation. We have spilled enough blood yet we still do not have light and other basic amenities. Youths rise up now and demand "We no longer want blood shed for any reason" We do not want a nation of blood!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by omenkaLives(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
GeneralTee:

Where is this secret recording? We have records of Banjo's trial but how come this secret recording cannot be found anywhere?
Stop wasting your time bro. wink

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by brainpulse: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
moscobabs:
Any Yoruba that support Biafra is a Basterd !!!!
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by fk001(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
ojukwu is a scumbag and a backstabber he killed his friend.

Banjo was also at fault why would he fought alongside ojukwu, despite the fact he knew that an average igbo man is born with hatred

14 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by attackgat: 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
GeneralTee:

Where is this secret recording? We have records of Banjo's trial but how come this secret recording cannot be found anywhere?

I can only assume it got lost in the war but the book says that Banjo and Ifeajuna were secretly recorded by Ben Odogwu at a meeting they had at progress Hotel Enugu where they were putting finishing touches their plan to overthrowing Ojukwu.

It included arresting Ojukwu at the state house. The taoes were played at the trial that helped nail Banjo

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by muyibaba222(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
will come back to read
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by brainpulse: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

I can only assume it got lost in the war but the book says that Banjo and Ifeajuna were secretly recorded by Ben Odogwu at a meeting they had at progress Hotel Enugu where they were putting finishing touches their plan to overthrowing Ojukwu.

It included arresting Ojukwu at the state house. The taoes were played at the trial that helped nail Banjo
And you said you "assumed" it has gotten lost, yet you believed there was a record by someone to nail another. Then it got lost

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by SEOManiac: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
brainpulse:
And you said you "assumed" it has gotten lost, yet you believed there was a record by someone to nail another. Then it got lost

Is Banjo more important than any other person that died in the war?
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by GeneralTee: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

Nelson Otta, in his book "REBELS AGAINST REBELS", records Bernard's testimony at the trial. There was nl secret recording presented at the trial.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by GeneralTee: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
SEOManiac:

Is Banjo more important than any other person that died in the war?

He is important BC he predicted the deaths to follow if Biafra didn't surrender. Ojukwu killed him BC he suggested a surrender.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Opakan2: 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Victor Banjo was a fool for fighting on Biafran side.

Any Yoruba man fighting an igbo cause is a fool.. They're ingrates by nature and will scheme to take whatever glory you deserve for themselves alone.

10 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
There is nothing I like more than reading about Nigeria' history and occurrences that lead us to a divided Nigeria we have now. I pray tribal issues are settled and for Nigeria to be great again.

6 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by mobolaji234: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Banjo Understood that Nigeria's case was complex, He died finding a complex solution!

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Opakan2: 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
moscobabs:

Confirmed!

Igbos should fight their battle alone and face whatever consequences they see after. The idea of blaming Yorubas for their misfortunes is long dead.

Any Yoruba that makes himself a tool for biafra is a bastard and deserves whatever comes.

16 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
I nor anyone else could not have correctly analysed it better.......

SporaD8:

I don't think you'd have much choice if you were him either.
It was unfortunate he became the victim of circumstance on every side - federal govt sees him as an outcast so he couldn't return home, Ojukwo uses that fact to recruit him base on his wealth of military experience but later blackmail him, while the same west he was trying to liberate sees his action as a treasonous.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by fumiswtpusy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
Even though I am a yoruba girl,i am so happy how ojukwu executed these backstabber by ordering him to be shot severally before he finally died cheesy crying like a baby about to be deflowerd.
Moral lesson.
Never mess with biafrans or betray.or you get the banjo treatment.even me funmi I am always afraid of biafrans.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by femolii: 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
moscobabs:
Yes
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by SEOManiac: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
GeneralTee:

He is important BC he predicted the deaths to follow if Biafra didn't surrender. Ojukwu killed him BC he suggested a surrender.

Banjo isn't more important than my Uncle.

All these post are good for the bereaved. To some of us, it makes no sense.

We have mourned our loss. Opening this wound wouldn't stop anything.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Cyrilpac(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
" There were also major conflicts on principal with Ojukwu instructing Banjo to break in the central Bank, Benin which Banjo refused to do ". In one word tell me what the Amry call someone who disobey order from is superior, not to talk at time when Ojukwu was looking for money to buy arms for the war.

7 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Nine11: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
Interesting
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Mujtahida: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
ademijuwonlo:
There is nothing I like more than reading about Nigeria' history and occurrences that lead us to a divided Nigeria we have now. I pray tribal issues are settled and for Nigeria to be great again.
May your children be great in our land. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Mujtahida: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
SEOManiac:

Banjo isn't more important than my Uncle.

All these post are good for the bereaved. To some of us, it makes no sense.

We have mourned our loss. Opening this wound wouldn't stop anything.
It is precisely your loss that should make you appreciate their loss and grief. Your pain should make you empathic not callous for only then can it be creative. The choice is yours.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by SEOManiac: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mujtahida:

It is precisely your loss that should make you appreciate their loss and grief. Your pain should make you empathic not callous for only then can it be creative. The choice is yours.

You're blabbing.

How much empathy was shown towards my own loss in the write-up?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Mujtahida: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
SEOManiac:

You're blabbing.

How much empathy was shown towards my own loss in the write-up?
Do your own write up, tell us about your Uncle, your loss, your pain, your grief. Sometimes the carnage of war tends to be in the abstract. It is personal stories that break the spell of abstraction and make us feel the pain together. This now is about Victor Banjo. Surely you know on a forum like this you have opportunity to have your say now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Godfullsam(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
fumiswtpusy:
Even though I am a yoruba girl,i am so happy how ojukwu executed these backstabber by ordering him to be shot severally before he finally died cheesy crying like a baby about to be deflowerd.
Moral lesson.
Never mess with biafrans or betray.or you get the banjo treatment.even me funmi I am always afraid of biafrans.

I understand your feelings, i understand how you were you from yoruba land. Unfortunately you came from d godforsaen gully erosion red mude basterdised and marginalized Biafra region.

Sorry guy (i know you are a guy), no amount of hatred will change ur fate.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by GeneralTee: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mujtahida:

Do your own write up, tell us about your Uncle, your loss, your pain, your grief. Sometimes the carnage of war tends to be in the abstract. It is personal stories that break the spell of abstraction and make us feel the pain together. This now is about Victor Banjo. Surely you know on a forum like this you have opportunity to have your say now.

Thank you. Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by oluwaahmed: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
captleonerd:
the idea of liberating a west that didn't want to be liberated is a lie sold to him by ojukwu. the Midwest was captured in a bid to split the attention of the federal forces.

the point where he made the vital mistake was choosing to stay and fight for the biafrans instead of leaving the country with his family

Sto talkin wat u don't know. D truth is dat we will neva know d reason ojukwu killed him, but numerous textss written by. Partakkers in d war hav dft accounts/reason why banjo was killed.
In col. Ademoyega's book- why we struck; it was revealed dat Banjo had secret meetins wit yoruba elders and monarchs @ deir seige in ore.dis emissaries of yoruba pple wanted him 2 liberate Lagos from FG troops but also turn around and declare one nigeria wit a new govt dominated by Yoruba (dis is not far from d truth as most yoruba leaders were highly ethnic oriented & natural betrayers). Dis invariably meant dat soldiers of biafra wld hav liberated Lagos 4rm hausa/fulani only 2 hand it back 2 Yoruba peeps as nigeria, thus defestin d aim of d war- dis in itself is treason.Der wer yoruba soldiers dat fought along biafra soldiers because dey dint like d oppressive nature of northern elements. We will never knw d truth only wat peole write and tell stories 4rm deir own point of view. But Ojukwu failed 2 seize d opportunity. He shdnt hav killed Banjo, he shd hav let him liberate d SW den arrest him 4 treason, and den let his pple decide wat dey will do wit him. Why wld banjo not attack d CBN in Benin & be complainin of no ammunition. Is it not money dat is used 2 buy weapons??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
In there was a country by Chinua Achebe. Banjo was given a task to match to Lagos but he stopped ate Ore after netting Obasanjo who denied him entry.
He returned in disastrous manner

Though I am yet to read Col Banjo's account of the civil war before he was executed. There was a country is no reference book as far as Awo & Banjo are concerned. They contain propaganda . Prof ABC Nwosu spent time defending the attacks on Awo while eulogising Gowon. A lot of people reacted on the book & the propaganda attacks on Awo. Most of the books on Banjo are propaganda aimed at a coverup.

They refer to Ademoyega book because he is a yoruba man but you will never find what they quoted in ' why we struck' or they quote out of context.

think in future, the south west leaders need to meet to discuss the issue of a memorial for him.

6 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by legba1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
I think you all need to read books about this war..... Banjo and ifeajuna were described as part of the finest of our army of thst time.atleast about 4 of the books have so far read read about the war described them so... that they were killed is based mainly on the internal politics and working mechanism of the Military....the events leading to this war (the 2 coups) should also be a.lesson....unfortunately we dont learn from history.... and same history is about to repeat itself....

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by GeneralTee: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
oluwaahmed:

In col. Ademoyega's book- why we struck; it was revealed dat Banjo had secret meetins wit yoruba elders and monarchs @ deir seige in ore.dis emissaries of yoruba pple wanted him 2 liberate Lagos from FG troops but also turn around and declare one nigeria wit a new govt dominated by Yoruba (dis is not far from d truth as most yoruba leaders were highly ethnic oriented & natural betrayers).

There is no such account in Ademoyega book. NOTHING OF SUCH. You might be mixing up accounts with another book.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Mujtahida: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
GeneralTee:

Thank you. Well said.
You welcome and thanks for posting this. The memory of such a fine man should be honoured. And I know time alone cannot assuage the loss and grief felt by his family. Only love will heal their hearts.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Oxenomy: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Yorubas and lies .. It's very neasuating reading this article. How can you say that Banjo wants a United Nigeria and at the same time decided to fight alongside Biafra?

As stated in this article, Banjo decided to fight alongside Biafra so that Biafra will help him liberate the Midwest and Southwest.. Ojukwu gave him a choice, fight for us or go. He didn't tell him fight for us and we will in turn help you fight for your people.. But Banjo wants a deal, that if I fight for you, you will fight for me which Ojukwu accepted, any good friend will accept that. Had it been Ojukwu said no deal, fight for us or go, this same hypocrite in Southwest will call him a selfish friend. Anyway all this changes nothing.. Banjo had an order, he made a mistake by informing the Southwest of their coming when you've reached Ore.. If you wanted their support first, you would've sourt for it first before making a deal with Ojukwu.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow / How FG Is Treating IPOB Vs Killer Herdsmen & Bandits - Vanguard Editorial / Watch List: Fayose Replies EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.