Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise (32182 Views)

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by rigarmortis: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
war is not childs play, victor banjo must have plotted something, maybe arrest ojukwu and hand over when he saw the war as hopeless, he was killed alongside ifeajuna who is from the same area with ojukwu.

adewale ademoyega fought in the liberation army unit of the biafra army, and took over from ifeajuna and nothing happned to him till the end.

why was ifeajuna and banjo killed. we dont know the clear answer yet.

but its clear ifeajuna, chukwu nzeogu and banjo didnt really want the war and fought cos they had to choice.

so they were well capable of "treasonable" offenses against biafra to gain the sympathy of the nigerian side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by bart10: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
captleonerd:
the idea of liberating a west that didn't want to be liberated is a lie sold to him by ojukwu. the Midwest was captured in a bid to split the attention of the federal forces.

the point where he made the vital mistake was choosing to stay and fight for the biafrans instead of leaving the country with his family

Spot on! There were few realistic options left for him considering the circumstance. He should have left the country. He was a brilliant mind. May his soul Rest In Peace.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by sorzy1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
In there was a country by Chinua Achebe. Banjo was given a task to match to Lagos but he stopped ate Ore after netting Obasanjo who denied him entry.
He returned in disastrous manner
Hello, in which chapter of the book can I find this?
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Though I am yet to read Col Banjo's account of the civil war before he was executed. There was a country is no reference book as far as Awo & Banjo are concerned. They contain propaganda . Prof ABC Nwosu spent time defending the attacks on Awo while eulogising Gowon. A lot of people reacted on the book & the propaganda attacks on Awo. Most of the books on Banjo are propaganda aimed at a coverup.

They refer to Ademoyega book because he is a yoruba man but you will never find what they quoted in ' why we struck' or they quote out of context. Most of the references quoted from foreign authors are not in those books or they twist them & bring manipulated scanned document as reference - I. b. o

I think in future, the south west leaders need to meet to discuss the issue of a memorial for him.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
sorzy1:
Hello, in which chapter of the book can I find this?

Bros, do not refer to There was a country, it contains lot of propaganda against Awo. Prof ABC Nwosu spent time defending the book. I replied him on one of the attacks. In the heat generated by that book between some yoruba elders against Ibo which prompted Prof ABC Nwosu to come out with defence, Prof Soyinka said Prof Achebe should not have published that book. The report on Banjo is one of those propaganda

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Basfaq(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
Here we are,in Nigeria,the land of hypocracy.only God and the papetrators of these evils know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Mrnairalandd: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
SEOManiac:

Banjo isn't more important than my Uncle.

All these post are good for the bereaved. To some of us, it makes no sense.

We have mourned our loss. Opening this wound wouldn't stop anything.

Just like the stupid 3 million Igbos that were killed like pigs they were
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Turbocharged: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:
I think its hypocritical for people to say that Banjo believed the unity of Nigeria yet, the same Banjo became a brigadier in the Biafran Army and commanded a Biafran Army division.

What is someone who believes in ONE NIGERIA doing in the Biafran Army?

Banjo, Ifeajuna, Mr Abam and Mr Alale all plotted to topple Ojukwu and they were arrested before they could perfect their plan, were tried and executed.

The details of their arrest and excerpts of their trial can be found in "No place to hide: Crises and conflicts inside Biafra"

Banjo was secretly recorded as he plotted to overthrow Ojukwu and paid the price all failed coup plotters pay

One of the major problems we have in Nigeria is the issue of tribalism, and all the peolpe that commented before you are deeply engrossed into the tribalistic sentiments.
My understanding of the whole write-up is that Victor Banjo was a traitor, both to the Nigerian side and Biafran side. His family is just making attempts at image laundry. And the best way they can achieve that, within their society, is to paint Odimegwu Ojukwu black.

7 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by arsenal33: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
oladeebo:
Very interesting story of Banjo, and a great lesson for today youths!
The story of Banjo, Gowon and Ojukwu is a story of three friends of Diamond miners!
here is why:-
i. Gowon is fighting for One Nigeria
ii. Ojukwu is fighting for separation of Nigeria...Biafra
iii. Banjo is fighting for autonomy of yoruba land!
Every one of them had their own secret agenda,
Gowon didn't trust Banjo,
Ojukwu wants the totality of the South for his Biafra nation
Banjo wants The yoruba nation as an autonomy region under Nigeria
for these reasons, Gowon didn't wants Banjo release,
Ojukwu later realise when Banjo liberated the west it won't be part of Biafra, he started sabotaged the effort of Banjo in war front , he later tried him and executed him!
And He himself(Ojukwu) lost the war and ran away for his life!
A great lesson for the youth of today!

banjo reminds me of FFK
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by sorzy1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
babaolofin:

Bros, do not refer to There was a country, it contains lot of propaganda against Awo. Prof ABC Nwosu spent time defending the book. I replied him on one of the attacks. In the heat generated by that book between some yoruba elders against Ibo which prompted Prof ABC Nwosu to come out with defence, Prof Soyinka said Prof Achebe should not have published that book. The report on Banjo is one of those propaganda
Actually I wanted him to tell me where he saw that information in the book because I can't see any. that aside, after reading that book my respect for Prof. Achebe kind of declined. I find it highly ethnocentric and full of claims that cannot be authoritatively and genuinely ascertained.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Realists(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
I wonder at lies been told against history of Nigeria
Igbo's started tribal killings by Savage murder of Sir
A.T Balewa & Sir Ahamadu Bello of blessed memory.

Hausa people retaliated by killing the ritualistic and Savage coup de tat plotters and their tribal foot soldiers.

What a shame & lie the most corrupt & dubious tribe waging a holy war against bad governance ?, Ojukwu their spiritual leader failed F9 in what is called governance.

Banjo was traitor and he died with the traitors.

No detergent can wash him clean, viva Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by mpowa(m): 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
captleonerd:
the idea of liberating a west that didn't want to be liberated is a lie sold to him by ojukwu. the Midwest was captured in a bid to split the attention of the federal forces.

the point where he made the vital mistake was choosing to stay and fight for the biafrans instead of leaving the country with his family
wrong decisions Killed him, If he beleived in one Nigeria, why did he fight against it? He should have gone on exile for a while.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Truth234(m): 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
sorzy1:
Actually I wanted him to tell me where he saw that information in the book because I can't see any. that aside, after reading that book my respect for Prof. Achebe kind of declined. I find it highly ethnocentric and full of claims that cannot be authoritatively and genuinely ascertained.

But Achebe doubted Banjo coupe accusation in 'there was a country' and said Obasanjo validated Banjo request to be allowed to pass through Ibadan to Lagos without a fight as he believed it will further weaken his poorly-trained soldiers used in seizing Mid-west. A request Obasanjo declined.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Realists(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Victor Banjo was a traitor and he was killed by the fake traitors. Had it been the hausa/ fulani killed this traitor the hell would have been let looose.
But na we killl him, because na traitor him be .

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by stonemasonn: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2017
rigarmortis:
war is not childs play, victor banjo must have plotted something, maybe arrest ojukwu and hand over when he saw the war as hopeless, he was killed alongside ifeajuna who is from the same area with ojukwu.

adewale ademoyega fought in the liberation army unit of the biafra army, and took over from ifeajuna and nothing happned to him till the end.

why was ifeajuna and banjo killed. we dont know the clear answer yet.

but its clear ifeajuna, chukwu nzeogu and banjo didnt really want the war and fought cos they had to choice.

so they were well capable of "treasonable" offenses against biafra to gain the sympathy of the nigerian side
I kind of agree with you.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by SEOManiac: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

Just like the stupid 3 million Igbos that were killed like pigs they were

Your dad is stûpid.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by captleonerd(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
oluwaahmed:

Sto talkin wat u don't know. D truth is dat we will neva know d reason ojukwu killed him, but numerous textss written by. Partakkers in d war hav dft accounts/reason why banjo was killed.
In col. Ademoyega's book- why we struck; it was revealed dat Banjo had secret meetins wit yoruba elders and monarchs @ deir seige in ore.dis emissaries of yoruba pple wanted him 2 liberate Lagos from FG troops but also turn around and declare one nigeria wit a new govt dominated by Yoruba (dis is not far from d truth as most yoruba leaders were highly ethnic oriented & natural betrayers). Dis invariably meant dat soldiers of biafra wld hav liberated Lagos 4rm hausa/fulani only 2 hand it back 2 Yoruba peeps as nigeria, thus defestin d aim of d war- dis in itself is treason.Der wer yoruba soldiers dat fought along biafra soldiers because dey dint like d oppressive nature of northern elements. We will never knw d truth only wat peole write and tell stories 4rm deir own point of view. But Ojukwu failed 2 seize d opportunity. He shdnt hav killed Banjo, he shd hav let him liberate d SW den arrest him 4 treason, and den let his pple decide wat dey will do wit him. Why wld banjo not attack d CBN in Benin & be complainin of no ammunition. Is it not money dat is used 2 buy weapons??
stop making a fool of yourself. Yoruba dominated Nigeria when 65% of the army are northerners. stop exhibiting your foolishness. you should be the one to shut up
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by rkennyking(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!
Please every well meaning Nigerian is invited to become a member of our peace loving association . It's an organisation where there is no Arewa, Biafra or Oduduwa. We respect right to self determination but also understand that we all are human and can't leave without one another. We respect every tribe and there's no majority nor minority. The first and most important thing is we are human , we want to be able to speak for every tribe in our Country . What we are WAZOBIA Youth
Quote me for more details please
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Akinwerndey: 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
oluwaahmed:

Sto talkin wat u don't know. D truth is dat we will neva know d reason ojukwu killed him, but numerous textss written by. Partakkers in d war hav dft accounts/reason why banjo was killed.
In col. Ademoyega's book- why we struck; it was revealed dat Banjo had secret meetins wit yoruba elders and monarchs @ deir seige in ore.dis emissaries of yoruba pple wanted him 2 liberate Lagos from FG troops but also turn around and declare one nigeria wit a new govt dominated by Yoruba (dis is not far from d truth as most yoruba leaders were highly ethnic oriented & natural betrayers). Dis invariably meant dat soldiers of biafra wld hav liberated Lagos 4rm hausa/fulani only 2 hand it back 2 Yoruba peeps as nigeria, thus defestin d aim of d war- dis in itself is treason.Der wer yoruba soldiers dat fought along biafra soldiers because dey dint like d oppressive nature of northern elements. We will never knw d truth only wat peole write and tell stories 4rm deir own point of view. But Ojukwu failed 2 seize d opportunity. He shdnt hav killed Banjo, he shd hav let him liberate d SW den arrest him 4 treason, and den let his pple decide wat dey will do wit him. Why wld banjo not attack d CBN in Benin & be complainin of no ammunition. Is it not money dat is used 2 buy weapons??
pls what page of why we struck is this your claim coming from?
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by stingg(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
fumiswtpusy:
Even though I am a yoruba girl,i am so happy how ojukwu executed these backstabber by ordering him to be shot severally before he finally died cheesy crying like a baby about to be deflowerd.
Moral lesson.
Never mess with biafrans or betray.or you get the banjo treatment.even me funmi I am always afraid of biafrans.
Just like your forebears, your cowardice overflows.
- You registered a fake account just because you ain't proud of your background.
- You're even confused of your gender.
- Lastly, Banjo was the one to call the attention of your toy soldiers that he wasn't dead yet despite receiving several shots. Now that's bravery! Compare it with the actions of someone who fled and left his people endangered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Truth234:

But Achebe doubted Banjo coupe accusation in 'there was a country' and said Obasanjo validated Banjo request to be allowed to pass through Ibadan to Lagos without a fight as he believed it will further weaken his poorly-trained soldiers used in seizing Mid-west. A request Obasanjo declined.

When did Obasanjo confirmed the story? Is it in 'My Command' ? Or where? I remember Gen Gowon used the book launching on GEJ few days to 2015 election to correct a propaganda on him about the civil war.

How logical or feasible is that request for those of us that understand warfare
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by stingg(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
oluwaahmed:

You appear gifted in twisting history
I have a copy of the book, which page?

5 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by VLongstrider(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Just like the legendary Afonja who teamed up with the Fulani warriors of Ilorin, Victor Banjo was also betrayed and stabbed in the back. Continue to rest in peace true Hero.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Pennywise(m): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2017
Why didn't he heed the wife's advice to leave the country?

That was the only thing that made sense. It would seem he was a victim of an affliction that affected a lot of those officers marked for persecution or elimination.

They all thought they could survive. Maybe it was because they felt the reward of 'surviving it out' was too much to let go. Banjo would most certainly have been President of West Nigeria if the Liberation Army had overran Lagos. I have no information on any of the key players who skipped borders even when they could like Major Ifeajuna.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by logica(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
stingg:

You appear gifted in twisting history
I have a copy of the book, which page?
grin
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by logica(m): 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
rigarmortis:
war is not childs play, victor banjo must have plotted something, maybe arrest ojukwu
Plotted what? No proof. Yet you all continue to parrot the same tired rhetoric like broken records. Jezuz.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Osyabj: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
As one commentator noted, Victor banjo, was a typical afonja. 99% of adult Yoruba cannot be trusted. period.

Despite being brought up in Lagos and speaking yoruba fluently, the biggest mistake Ojukwu made in the entire Biafra war effort is to trust a Yoruba man to lead the fight to enemy command in dodan baracks, Lagos. Ojukwu let his friendship to an afonja, becloud his judgement.

The fact is that in war among nations the object of each side is to as speedly as possible decapitate the enemy leadership command headquaters.

During the US invasion of Iraq, the US target was simple, take over Bagdad with lightning speed. As soon as the US tanks entered Bagdad, the war was over. Sadam went underground and was eventually caught, hiding in the gutter, and he was killied like a common rat.

So the bottomline, is that knowing that absolutely NO adult afonja can be trusted, Ojukwu should have had a Non Afonja lead the charge to dodan baracks, Lagos. Biafra could care less about liberating the western region. The target was not western civilians but to decapitate tbe enemy leadership residing in dodan baracks , Lagos. If the Nigerian capital then was in Abuja, Biafran forces would be trying to get to Abuja as fast possible.

In fact, while Banjo's co-sabotuer, col Ifeajuna was about to be shot, he laughed and stated openly that him and Banjo's sabotage of the Ore advance has permanently stopped the Biaran advance to Dodan baracks.

After Banjo and Ifeajuna sabotage in Ore, the British, the Russians openly and the US (quietly) provided massive amount of fire power and manpower to the Nigeria side and thus Biafra could not withstand the combined firepower of 3 world superpowers who were sheeding Biafran blood solely for the Biafra oil. Today 97% of Biafran or Eastern Nigerian oil is controlled by Hausas and Yorubas.

Bottomline victor Banjo and Ifeajuna were not just plotiing a coup against Ojukwu, but in words of Col Ifeajuna, were working secretly for the Nigerian side to destroy Biafran's advance to Dodan baracks.

Had the afonja betrayer and traitor, banjo and his co-conspirator, Ifeajuna not betrayed and sabotaged the biafran advance in Ore, Biafra would have taken the enemy headquaters of dodan baracks within days of their betrayal.

So banjo kids should read Col Ifeajuna's exact quote and stop lying like most untrustworthy afonjas, today.

May traitors, Afonja Banjo and Ifeajuna's souls rest in the hottest part of hell. But for their treachery along with Awolowo's, there would be 3 independent nations of Biafra, Oduduwa and Arewa today!

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by diadem10: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
No one has yet to answer the question on where his body lays.

Ojukwu is a bastard! The pathetic transgender.
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by emperorAY(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
ElPadrino33:
The story too long oh
its nt for everybody
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by ehinmowo: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
Banjo was actually murdered by Ojukwu.

Anyway, RIP to him
Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by rigarmortis: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
logica:
Plotted what? No proof. Yet you all continue to parrot the same tired rhetoric like broken records. Jezuz.

What is the proof that he didn't, man it's a debate that can go both ways

Why was he and ifeajuna killed? Why was ademulegun not killed.

Ademulegun defended everything till his dying bed?.....it's debatable. Stop w4nk1ng

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise by Osyabj: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
ehinmowo:
Banjo was actually murdered by Ojukwu.

Anyway, RIP to him

Unless you are a Yoruba muslim and like the 50 year exploitation of Eastern Nigerian( Biafran) oil and Western taxes to build the North, Traitors, Afonja Banjo and Igboman Ifeajuna were executed not just for ploting a coup, but primarily for their sabotage of the Biafran war effort and Ore advance to enemy command headquaters of Dodan baracks, lagos. Period,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"We Will Launch Radio Biafra In Daura" - IPOB Tells Buhari / Igboho On Planned Lagos Rally: Some People Threatening To Kill Us In Lagos / Buhari Approves New Rail Line From Kano To Daura, Port-Harcourt To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.