Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? (677 Views)

Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2017
How can I know how to properly worship God? What does it mean to worship the Lord in spirit and truth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2017
Worshiping God in Spirit and truth means doing the will of the father. What are these will of the father?

They are summarised in the word "Righteousness"

1. Mercy..... being merciful to everyone. Widow, fatherless, motherless, handicapped, etc

2. Judgement... Executing right judgement when in the position to do that.

3. Faith... Having unshakable faith in the father..... Trusting him completely with our lives and everything in it
4. Love: As the father is Love, we should show love to one another.
5. Holiness: living our lives without sin. We should not exhibit the works of the flesh which are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness. Etc. They which do these things will not go to heaven.

This is how to worship the father in spirit and in truth.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by revelatiorcm(m): 9:59am On Sep 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
How can I know how to properly worship God? What does it mean to worship the Lord in spirit and truth?

worship is an act of obedience, Luke 6:46
worship is an act of love, John 14:15
worship is an act of submission James 4:6-10

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Originakalokalo:
Worshiping God in Spirit and truth means doing the will of the father. What are these will of the father?

They are summarised in the word "Righteousness"

1. Mercy..... being merciful to everyone. Widow, fatherless, motherless, handicapped, etc

2. Judgement... Executing right judgement when in the position to do that.

3. Faith... Having unshakable faith in the father..... Trusting him completely with our lives and everything in it
4. Love: As the father is Love, we should show love to one another.
5. Holiness: living our lives without sin. We should not exhibit the works of the flesh which are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness. Etc. They which do these things will not go to heaven.

This is how to worship the father in spirit and in truth.

Good job.
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by enshy: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
Obedience is it!
No worship without Obedience...
No Obedience without Submission...
No Submission without Love..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
enshy:

Obedience is it!
No worship without Obedience...
No Obedience without Submission...
No Submission without Love..

Way to go!
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by Niflheim(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
@op,

Worshiping god in christianity=talking to the ceiling

Worshiping god in islam=Talking to the floor

Worshiping god in Judaism=Talking to the wall(the wailing wall like Bob Marley and the Wailers)
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Niflheim:

@op,

Worshiping god in christianity=talking to the ceiling

Worshiping god in islam=Talking to the floor

Worshiping god in Judaism=Talking to the wall(the wailing wall like Bob Marley and the Wailers)

If you are an atheist and believe that something came out of nothing then you have more faith than the average Christian. cool
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by Niflheim(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
@peloudo y boludo,

1.The people who claim that the world came from nothing are "christians"!!!

2.The people who claim that their god appeared from nothing are also christians!!!

3.The people who published a book that states that the world came from nothing are also christians(I have posted an image of the page from that retarded christian book before)!!!

4.I have repeated it here numerous times(just like so many other atheists ), that there is no such thing as "nothing"!!! Do you know how foolish you appear, accusing us of believing in the very thing that we insist does not exist?
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Niflheim:
@peloudo y boludo,

1.The people who claim that the world came from nothing are "christians"!!!

2.The people who claim that their god appeared from nothing are also christians!!!

3.The people who published a book that states that the world came from nothing are also christians(I have posted an image of the page from that retarded christian book before)!!!

4.I have repeated it here numerous times(just like so many other atheists ), that there is no such thing as "nothing"!!! Do you know how foolish you appear, accusing us of believing in the very thing that we insist does not exist?

Do you believe that it is scientifically impossible for something to come out of nothing?

Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by Niflheim(m): 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
@hijodemierda,

Go to google and type............................."Is there such a thing as nothing?"

GOOD GOD!!! YOU ARE THICK!!!
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
Niflheim:

@hijodemierda,

Go to google and type............................."Is there such a thing as nothing?"

GOOD GOD!!! YOU ARE THICK!!!

Then tell us the ultimate cause of the universe and how life originated. cool
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by Hier(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
enshy:
Obedience is it! No worship without Obedience... No Obedience without Submission... No Submission without Love..
Missed yah bro
Re: How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2017
revelatiorcm:

worship is an act of obedience, Luke 6:46
worship is an act of love, John 14:15
worship is an act of submission James 4:6-10

God bless you. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/10/17 / Tithing: Christian Or Jewish / Eve's Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.