Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? (21862 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by acidrop(f): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2007
but would u marry a babe that u are twice her age undecided
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2007
No I won't

Some people do it; but I can't do that.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by acidrop(f): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2007
and what would u prefer ur wife 2 call u?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2007
She can call me dim wich means my husband.
She simply can't call me by my name
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by acidrop(f): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmm, if she does, u drive am commot 4 house or what?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2007
She won't callme by name. So there'sno need for me to drive her from the house wink
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by tnaidaR(f): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2007
crazykid:

What did I do to girls on Nairaland; they keep attacking me all the time.

I go commit suicide o! sad

I wish I could be bothered.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2007
A Real Man would also keep to his word and do it.

Rad, seriously to think I thought he was sane.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ThiefOfHearts
Tell me, can you call your husband by his name?

Let’s say your husbands name is John; and you want to refer to him in his presence, would you say john your food is ready or john there your water is ready for bathing. Won’t you show him some respect and call him names like darling or any other respectful name you can think of?
That’s what I’ve been trying to point out here; but you won’t listen simply because you don’t want to listen.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by omoge(f): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2007
Johny your water is ready
Johnie, your food is ready

grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
crazykid, AGAIN maybe that is how things are in your village.

What the hell is wrong with you that makes you think all Nigerians do things the same way? Get out of my face jare and concentrate on your suicide note.

Rubbish. If you even bothered to read the thread, you'd see where I said I come from a family where my mom DOES call my dad by his name and he calls her chief(mrs) or whatever, even with that they respect each other so much.
Maybe in your part of IgboLand, such is abomination but I am not one so it doesnt matter to us. If you marry someone the same age as you, are they supposed to grovel and give you some "master" name too? Just because a girl calls you "oga" or "darling" doesnt mean she still cant be disrespectful. I can easily call you "sweetheart oloribu" and sweep the floor with your face. grin

I don't like the whole "pet name" crap because I find them to be so CORNY, I only do it when im being sarcastic. If the dude wants to do it to me, that's fine but my first name is pretty much a "pet name" in itself so that is usually enough.

Seriously get over yourself. Your "I'm the master and you're the seravnt" mentality you have towards marriage/relationships is just disgusting and if i could, I'd vomit on you.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2007
So what you're telling me is that if you get married, you would call your husband by his name whenever you want to refer to him right?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2007
Well suit yourself. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2007
Yes I would.

Now run along and finish your letter.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by CrazyMan(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2007
What letter?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by tnaidaR(f): 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2007
lmao. . he's not dead yet?

ThiefOfHearts:

Maybe in your part of IgboLand,

Tiffy, it's like you forgot I'm Ibo too. Such is not a rule! Only CRAZY people think that it's "saucy" to call them by their God knows what name.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by HolinessM: 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
henhen - she should call her boda. shio.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2007
Radiant, I am aware of it, love

hence why I said "IN YOUR part of Igboland", meaning maybe in his own village somewhere maybe that's the practice, wasnt trying to say it as "IgboLand in general> I apolgize for the confusion, hon kiss
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by tnaidaR(f): 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I apolgize for the confusion, hon kiss

Aww. . that's fine Sweetie. cheesy kiss
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by seyidamzy(f): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2007
i call my hussy HONEY and he likes it
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by soulpatrol(f): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2007
Holiness_M:

henhen - she should call her boda. shio.

grin wtf?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ClimieNH89: 12:29am On Sep 02, 2007
I am still waiting for someone to say:

"There is a high rate of divorce in the west because wives call their husbands by their name".

Come on guys, don't make we wait longer.

I refuse to believe you have become so intelligent all of a sudden! grin
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2007
ClimieNH89:

I am still waiting for someone to say:

"There is a high rate of divorce in the west because wives call their husbands by their name".

Come on guys, don't make we wait longer.

I refuse to believe you have become so intelligent all of a sudden!  grin

Of course, there is high rate of divorce over there compared to what is obtained here in Nigeria. Such might not be unconnected their so-called ''open eye''. Is that what we want to achieve by imitating them?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2007
I was expecting to see that since page 1. Climie.

Bunch of bloody idiots these people are, I swear.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2007
hehe
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2007
any babe we I marry suppose be my friend. . . My friends call me by my name or a pet name if they like. Why should my wife be different.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by McDoe(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I was expecting to see that since page 1. Climie.

Bunch of  bloody idiots these people are, I swear.

ThiefOfHearts, what meanest thou by this? You fail to realize that in marriage, the woman is the person that can make it work. These little things a woman does, call it respect, go a long way to cement the union. Unwise ladies often make vain attempts to follow wild western styles and forget that it is respect for the husband that ensures successful marriage. If you doubt this, slap your husband just like the western babe and see the consequences.
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2007
Im "mean" cos you people make me sick.

and please spare me and everyone else with common sense this whole "western this western that". Get off the damn computer if "western things" are oh soooo horrible. Gosh.

Calling you some dumb pet name doesnt mean i respect you. How hard is that to understand?
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2007
Cut the crap. . . Pet name is not love.

Call me by my name and respect me inside and outside the room.

Be a lady on the road and LovePeddler in the room. That's a colombian description of a virtuous woman. lol
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by faketan(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hi TOH? ori okpe

I de throw way salute. Hope you took care of ,
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by sanmius(m): 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2007
So what should she call me? Baba Basira or what? na wa for u o
Re: Is It Good For Wives To Call Their Husbands By Their Names ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2007
faktan, are you cursing at me or what? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Infects Me With STD; Wife / Man Of The HOUSE: Is This Also Part Of The Job? / Public Lies Married Women Tell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.