Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince (777 Views)

10 Blessings Of Obedience From God To A Nation(righteousness Exalt A Nation) / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2017
You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You.
Psalm 118:28

Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus

When the apostle Paul and Silas were in Philippi, a certain slave girl possessed with a demonic spirit of divination met them. She was a fortune-teller who brought good profits to her masters. This girl followed Paul and Silas wherever they went, crying out, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation” (Acts 16:17). And she did this for many days.

Now, let me ask you, was there anything wrong with what she said? She was telling the truth, wasn’t she? Paul and Silas were indeed servants of the Most High God, and they were proclaiming the way of salvation. But I want you to see this: For many days, the girl kept saying, “These men are…These men are…These men are…” And this greatly annoyed Paul, so much so that he cast the demon out of her (Acts 16:18). Why was Paul so annoyed? Because the girl was constantly putting the spotlight on him and Silas. The devil always wants us to put our attention on man, instead of God!

My friend, if you are the sort who gets flattered easily, people can control you. All they have to do is say some nice things about you and you are influenced into doing whatever they want you to do. But when you are passionate for the glory of Jesus, you can’t be swayed by the praises of man. You want only Jesus to get all the glory.

So always point people to Jesus. He alone deserves all the glory.
You’ll never be shortchanged, my friend, when you do this—God will take care of those who exalt His Son!
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
Holla
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cool
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
TRUE! LORD JESUS TO YOU ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY NOW AND FOREVER..AMEN..I AM GLAD TO BE A VESSEL AND A TEMPLE TO YOU..

1 Like

Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=jiggaz post=60163665]Holla [/quote--GRACE AND PEACE TO YOU FROM OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST...HOW IS THINGS, BRO.
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:44am On Sep 06, 2017
@ bloodofthelamb fine thank you my brother.
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
TRUE! LORD JESUS TO YOU ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY NOW AND FOREVER..AMEN..I AM GLAD TO BE A VESSEL AND A TEMPLE TO YOU..
Amen
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Sss
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
Cccc
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Evening
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Xxxx
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
Xxxxnnnn
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thanks
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 19, 2018
jiggaz:
You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You.
Psalm 118:28

Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus

When the apostle Paul and Silas were in Philippi, a certain slave girl possessed with a demonic spirit of divination met them. She was a fortune-teller who brought good profits to her masters. This girl followed Paul and Silas wherever they went, crying out, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation” (Acts 16:17). And she did this for many days.

Now, let me ask you, was there anything wrong with what she said? She was telling the truth, wasn’t she? Paul and Silas were indeed servants of the Most High God, and they were proclaiming the way of salvation. But I want you to see this: For many days, the girl kept saying, “These men are…These men are…These men are…” And this greatly annoyed Paul, so much so that he cast the demon out of her (Acts 16:18). Why was Paul so annoyed? Because the girl was constantly putting the spotlight on him and Silas. The devil always wants us to put our attention on man, instead of God!

My friend, if you are the sort who gets flattered easily, people can control you. All they have to do is say some nice things about you and you are influenced into doing whatever they want you to do. But when you are passionate for the glory of Jesus, you can’t be swayed by the praises of man. You want only Jesus to get all the glory.

So always point people to Jesus. He alone deserves all the glory.
You’ll never be shortchanged, my friend, when you do this—God will take care of those who exalt His Son!
this is very true
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2018
solite3:
this is very true
yes it is my bro... Good morning..
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
jiggaz:
yes it is my bro... Good morning..
Goodevening bro
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
solite3:
Goodevening bro
Evening my brother
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
Evening
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
jiggaz:
Holla
Re: Forgo Flattery, Exalt Jesus - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2021
jiggaz:
Holla
morning

(1) (Reply)

Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? / Qualities Of A Good Wife / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/10/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.