Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (14029 Views)

Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Police In Oyo To Impound Vehicles With Sirens, Spy And Covered Number Plates / The New Set Of Vehicles Released By Innoson (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2017
The vw wayo train never stops
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by menstrualpad: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

I believe you must have seen it.
REMOVED. THANKS.
Now your dad's is a 1996 - 2001 MY... Definitely not 2003
The first picture is 1996 -2001
Second is mid 2001-2004

Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:54am On Sep 06, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

cant get pix of the search result now, will do that soon and upload both
daт low lιғe waѕ aѕĸιng ғor d car pιхѕ..cυz нe тнιnĸѕ carѕ are lιĸe ѕeeĸιng нeaven or ѕearcнιng a vιrgιn aт a вroтнel
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by banio: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2017
lol. I am sure it is one contract staff that they short-changed that did it. He has been working his life out, while the staff sit and drink tea.
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

the front is similar, they are both A4, one is a sedan while the other is a wagon
Your Dad was duped . Either way
1 your Dad was sold an old car for 2003 price as U can see up there
2 the importer changed the Vin to attract cheaper duty .
I strongly believe your dad was duped.make sure you check the original custom papers via its C number . I'm also suspecting your Dad's car is from cotonu ?
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2017
JayJayGee:

whatsup with you and his dad's car
Have you got a problem with me asking?
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2017
menstrualpad:

Second is mid 2001-2004
This was what I was thinking hence I asked for more pics . So the seller did DAD the more U look the less you see.
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by OlujobaSamuel: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2017
menstrualpad:

Second is mid 2001-2004
can you pls explain further, was the pix you attached based on the vin in the pix i uploaded or the pix of when the model i stated was made, if base on model, then i think we are still saying the same thing.
the particulars states 2003 and its a wagon just as it is in your pix while the other(sedan) states 1997.
modified
apologies, just got what you mean, probably the importer used a fake doc for clearance to reduce duty obligation as stated by erico2k2, but the question now is this, why is it removable(vin) shouldn't it be something that cant be changed.
The man sef no know sey the thing fit dey altered, I go just sit down dey watch till i buy my own
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by OlujobaSamuel: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Your Dad was duped . Either way
1 your Dad was sold an old car for 2003 price as U can see up there
2 the importer changed the Vin to attract cheaper duty .
I strongly believe your dad was duped.make sure you check the original custom papers via its C number . I'm also suspecting your Dad's car is from cotonu ?
i wont deny the possibility of anything, this is nigeria.
however, it's not from cotonu, the custom clearance was verified and confirmed to be true.
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

i wont deny the possibility of anything, this is nigeria.
however, it's not from cotonu, the custom clearance was verified and confirmed to be true.
Well if I was you I will use the C number to do a check on here . There are people who will verify for you here for nothing to avoid stories that touch . I imported cars for 14 years so I know why I was saying all I did .
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by OlujobaSamuel: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Well if I was you I will use the C number to do a check on here . There are people who will verify for you here for nothing to avoid stories that touch . I imported cars for 14 years so I know why I was saying all I did .
i dont have them with me.
it's not here with me, it's with the vehicle owner(dad).
Also, no need jare till me wan buy my own, i go use him own case learn, make i no spoil him joy, and he doesnt really drive much so custom wahala is unlikely(if it's fake).
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by DaV8King(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Kia and hyundai nigeria are worse, they used paper stickers to write vin grin

They do it for an unclear reason. But I can assure that the VIN is in all the usual places smiley
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by salesforce: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2017
Arh
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by nwaanambra1(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Two Cars d0n’t come with the same VIN (Verification Identification Number)

oga op VIN is an acronym for VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER!
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by KingRabota: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Let us see the front of your Dad's car again
Guy I'm seriously beginning to suspect you, don't let me place you on investigation!
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2017
KingRabota:

Guy I'm seriously beginning to suspect you, don't let me place you on investigation!
Shut up your mouth the four tyres of my car will buy that car besides when I was importing cars from Europe and America you was in primary school
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by talk2odim: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Kia and hyundai nigeria are worse, they used paper stickers to write vin grin

Seriously or a joke?
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by naturefellow(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:
this corruption na evri where e dey o

but them go make am seem say na we invent am

the rationale behind it is what I cannot understand
tax evasion of some sort
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dodging tariffs is a very profitable enticement grin
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by Lovintus2(m): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
Okay.

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by KingRabota: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Shut up your mouth the four tyres of my car will buy that car besides when I was importing cars from Europe and America you was in primary school
I knew it!
This is what happens when underage sorry I meant barely legal morons are left to play with moms phone, its like it's only on nairaland that your container is entering abii?
My people come see this kain loudermouth
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
KingRabota:

I knew it!
This is what happens when underage sorry I meant barely legal morons are left to play with moms phone, its like it's only on nairaland that your container is entering abii?
My people come see this kain loudermouth
ok you just buy MB abi?
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by KingRabota: 2:42am On Oct 11, 2017
erico2k2:

ok you just buy MB abi?
Grow up
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2017
KingRabota:

Grow up
like you? Nahhhh

Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by KingRabota: 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
erico2k2:

like you? Nahhhh
Now I understand u well.
Silence is the best answer. . . For pple like you
Ciao
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by KingRabota: 12:33am On Oct 12, 2017
Re: Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN by erico2k2(m): 7:42am On Oct 12, 2017
KingRabota:

Now I understand u well.
Silence is the best answer. . . For pple like you
Ciao
PHCN take una light ? ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Reasons Okada Ban In Lagos Won’t Solve Anything / Who Has Applied For The Nigerian Driver's License On-line? / Highlights Of Autofest 2019, Hosted By BMW Club Of Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.