Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car (14126 Views)

Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging / The Cruise Control In Your Car Is Not A Total Waste, Find Out About It Today / Detailed Explanation On Car Engine Sludge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by autojosh: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
[img]https:///a/img924/3005/vou96N.jpg[/img]

Some of us are ignorant of the cruise control feature found in most modern cars. I am going to make the explanation of cruise control as simple as possible.

The cruise control enables your car travel at a particular speed you set it to even when you take off your leg from the accelerator (throttle).

As said earlier, myriads of people are ignorant of this cruise control feature more of trying it out.

The primary aim is to make long journeys more comfortable and it will also help you save money on fuel.

This cruise control is not what you can use when you’re in a congested road where you have to stop and start at all times; steady speed is vital. It can only be used when you’re driving above 25 mph. It won’t work for any speed below that.

The above point will point fingers to just driving on highway and not streets filled with traffic lights.

The main controls are usually located in the steering wheel or a column stalk behind the steering wheel. The main controls are ‘Set’, ‘Cancel’, ‘Resume’ and ‘On/Off’.

You can usually adjust the programmed speed up or down using the same buttons – check your owner’s manual for specific instructions for your car. To initiate cruise control for your car, you need to accelerate to the desired speed over 25 mph – then press ‘Set’. Your car will now maintain its current speed without the need to keep your foot on the accelerator. The procedure for activating the cruise control may vary from one car to another

Turning off cruise control is as simple as applying the brake, pressing the ‘Cancel’ or ‘On/Off’ buttons or pushing the clutch pedal in a manual car.

Below are some of the advantages of using cruise control
1. It improves your driving comfort
2. It gives you better control over the speed you ply
3. It improve the fuel consumption of your car

Ensure you read your car’s user manual for specific details on how to operate your vehicle’s cruise control feature.

Have you been using the cruise control feature in your car? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/detailed-explanation-need-know-cruise-control-car/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Wow! Informative...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by CheapDataGuy: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Thanks. Will try it wehn I buy car.

For now make I go sell my data

12 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by officialteemi(m): 8:02am On Aug 31, 2018
yap...it was a nice experience
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Leun: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Well my own native thought on cruise control is having the vehicle filled with sensor and is self driven not all the stated above. I know IoT has a future

kindly check my signature
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Consultville(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2018
Very informative
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by MemeTroll: 8:03am On Aug 31, 2018
Guessing you’re writing this because of older cars because newer cars have adaptive cruise control with stop and go motion that can be used in traffic

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by DaV8King(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Cruise control na the baba for long journeys.

However, no go gawk sleep like dem Tesla Drivers Union! grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by lordraiden(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2018
To the best of my knowledge cruise control is wen you are at the back seat fücking n your car is driving itself cool
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by prettigurl16(f): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Thanks. I haven’t tried mine. I have been driving the car for 16 months now.
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Bn
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by spiritedtete: 8:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Even with this... Cruise control on 9ja roads remains an abomination. Lol

Use cruise control at your own risk sir.

19 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Epleribus: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Helpful
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Darkseid(m): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
I love using it while driving long distances but to my dad, it's just another useless button in his car.

3 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by kennypedia(m): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Detailed and simple

1 Like

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by reyscrub(m): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
Ok
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Jchi9876: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
My life is on auto cruise
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by moredolu(m): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
I tried it sometimes ago it worked but I was not just too comfortable seeing the car accelerating while my foot was off the pedal. Nice though

1 Like

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by val15: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2018
Abeg no try this on any Nigeria road. because of bad roads

1 Like

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Jchi9876: 8:07am On Aug 31, 2018
lordraiden:
To the best of my knowledge cruise control is wen you are at the back seat fücking n your car is driving itself cool

You are absolutely right. Try it on 3rd mainland when it opens.
Olodo

5 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Kentro2(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2018
I enjoyed using it. But not too good for

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by AntiWailer: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2018
Check adaptive cruise control too
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by frowland(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2018
Hmmm, off to try it out. Thanks OP.
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by chronique(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2018
It's useless for inner city drive in Lagos where you have to apply brakes everywhere from time to time. If not a highway drive/journey, just forget about using it.
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by andymofia(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2018
I use mine all the time

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 31, 2018
prettigurl16:
Thanks. I haven’t tried mine. I have been driving the car for 16 months now.

Everything about you is 16. Even ur age is 16 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by SmartMugu: 8:13am On Aug 31, 2018
Leun:
Well my own native thought on cruise control is having the vehicle filled with sensor and is self driven not all the stated above. I know IoT has a future

Cruise control has nothing to do with IoT. The former has been around for almost two decades in automatic cars, IoT is relatively new and is still being developed and researched on in the auto industry. As is, IoT on cars still has a long way to go to penetrate many markets where internet access is still in its infancy. Cruise control doesn't need all that. You probably have it in your car and may have not just used it before. Try it. It's fun when you're on a free road.

3 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by babalonimi: 8:13am On Aug 31, 2018
autojosh:
[img]https:///a/img924/3005/vou96N.jpg[/img]

Some of us are ignorant of the cruise control feature found in most modern cars. I am going to make the explanation of cruise control as simple as possible.

The cruise control enables your car travel at a particular speed you set it to even when you take off your leg from the accelerator (throttle).

As said earlier, myriads of people are ignorant of this cruise control feature more of trying it out.

The primary aim is to make long journeys more comfortable and it will also help you save money on fuel.

This cruise control is not what you can use when you’re in a congested road where you have to stop and start at all times; steady speed is vital. It can only be used when you’re driving above 25 mph. It won’t work for any speed below that.

The above point will point fingers to just driving on highway and not streets filled with traffic lights.

The main controls are usually located in the steering wheel or a column stalk behind the steering wheel. The main controls are ‘Set’, ‘Cancel’, ‘Resume’ and ‘On/Off’.
Informative. On Nigeria road? Hell NO
You can usually adjust the programmed speed up or down using the same buttons – check your owner’s manual for specific instructions for your car. To initiate cruise control for your car, you need to accelerate to the desired speed over 25 mph – then press ‘Set’. Your car will now maintain its current speed without the need to keep your foot on the accelerator. The procedure for activating the cruise control may vary from one car to another

Turning off cruise control is as simple as applying the brake, pressing the ‘Cancel’ or ‘On/Off’ buttons or pushing the clutch pedal in a manual car.

Below are some of the advantages of using cruise control
1. It improves your driving comfort
2. It gives you better control over the speed you ply
3. It improve the fuel consumption of your car

Ensure you read your car’s user manual for specific details on how to operate your vehicle’s cruise control feature.

Have you been using the cruise control feature in your car? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/detailed-explanation-need-know-cruise-control-car/

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by vioment: 8:14am On Aug 31, 2018
Thank you for the information.

It has just been confirmed that automobile cruise control functions can not be used in naija; as in it wasn't designed for nigeria. We just have to use other functionalities because within every one mile or one kilometer, is a pot hole or uneven road or no road or traffic or toll gate.

Thanks again, good information.

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by Rayd502(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Informative...I ve been driving for 10.years now.i have never used that button.
Re: Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car by dbos11(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2018
Don't worry i will try this on my car. Just let me sleep first cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Avoid Catastrophic Engine failure / Elon Musk Set To Launch His Tesla Roadster To Mars On SpaceX Heavy Lift Rocket / How Good Is Peugeot 206?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.