Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,057 members, 7,859,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:12 PM

Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers (9460 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / South East PDP Caucus Resolves To Remain In Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by violent(m): 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2010
Goodluck is a disappointment, legally, he's still the acting president, until the House says otherwise, why let some buncha i.diots push you around? . . and now he is "going to see Turai" in the evening, sounds like paying homage to me
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by MsTom(f): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2010
It is so obvious that Yaradua is not fit. If not, for the Nigerian that he is, he would have stepped out of the plane himself and wave to fellow Nigerians and would have given a speech to re-assure us. So, I ask. What are the so called law makers waiting for again? What evidence do they need again? They are just playing games with the future of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by 9ja4eva: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
BULLSHIT.

I just hope someone , somewhere says something about this CRAZE.

Its a BIG SHAME
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

It is so obvious that Yaradua is not fit. If not, for the Nigerian that he is, he would have stepped out of the plane himself and wave to fellow Nigerians and would have given a speech to re-assure us. So, I ask. What are the so called law makers waiting for again? What evidence do they need again? They are just playing games with the future of Nigeria.

May your days be long and full of wisdom!
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
Bwahahahaha! My guy don't make me laugh. . . Is that what the constitution says? A country has been left adrift  rudderless f.or 3mths and he's supposed to decline? In a sane country he would have been castigated sharply by the legislature, judiciary and well meaning statesmen for not assuming the role much earlier. . and by much earlier I mean a week after your moribund President went AWOL.

there is Politics, there is rule of law. GoodLuck played the wrong politics. A court already said, Goodluck has been doing the work of acting president. or did you forget that.

Court of Law is above National Assembly!

Does the word incapacitated mean anything to u? What's the use of a vegetable in the Presidency for cryin out loud? I can't believe some things are even being debated.

exactly, what is incapacitated?

As long as Yaradua can SPEAK and thumb print forget about GoodLuck.

President is not oblige to be seen in public, that is why he has Vice. He can hold his FEC meeting by his bed side!

Didnt same National Assembly use his audio-interview with BBC as basis to make Jonathan acting President?

Goodluck is greedy and ge got caught in wrong politics by Turai.

It is so obvious that Yaradua is not fit. If not, for the Nigerian that he is, he would have stepped out of the plane himself and wave to fellow Nigerians and would have given a speech to re-assure us.

wrong.
There is no place in the constitution where the President suppose to wave to Nigeria when coming back to Nigeria.

As for speaking, let us wait. He can speak to us through radio show. Obama speaks to American via radio. No law says it has to be from TV.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
MsTom:

I am sure he knows that too, and we all know he is not yet fit.
violent:

Goodluck is a disappointment, legally, he's still the acting president, until the House says otherwise, why let some buncha i.diots push you around? . . and now he is "going to see Turai" in the evening, sounds like paying homage to me

He does not need to go and grab the power, he is just a man that like things to be done the way it is ought to under democracy
9ja4eva:

BULLSHIT.

I just hope someone , somewhere says something about this CRAZE.

Its a BIG SHAME

Someone like who, like Obama?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by mikeoscar: 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2010
The mistake was to have kept some of his men around and redeploying instead of firing them.
Firing Aondokaa(??) IMHO would have tantamounted to making Goodluck look like He was on a vendetta trip and such will have drawn a lot of sympathy from the Northern Supporters who thought the former AGF was acting in staunch support of the President.

agreed. GoodLuck was not in charge, otherwise, he would have refused landing for the plane and tell them to re-direct the flight to Ghana or wherever.
How and why would He do a thing like that when this is not a military take-over or some cave man constituency. He is still a politician remember?

As long as Yaradua is phyiscally present and can SPEAK, the game is up for Mr GoodLuck.

This gambit of GoodLuck to continue till Yaradua recovers is a refuse.

GoodLuck should expect a deadly blow soon.

True that!

You dont bite your Boss on the back and expect no reaction!

How exactly did He do this. Did He in anyway canvass to be Acting President or in any try to Orchestrate Mr President Impeachment. If you have followed most of the thread on NL until He locked-out some Ministers for coming late for meetings and when He re-deployed Aondokaa everybody said He was dulling fellow, slow poke and a this and that. Some friend of mine in Nigeria even told me that Mr Jonathan refused for any group of persons to make any advertorials in the media congratulating him about His new assignment because , it's uncalled for since His Boss was ill and situation demanded we pray for His helath rather than throw parties etc. I thought that was a very good move! So I don't see how somebody will interprete that to be him "biting his boss"

As far as Jonathan does not receive any direct instructions from Yar'adua, he remains 100% in charge.

which planet are you? Yaradua is EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT. He has ALL SAY in everything!

Yaradua is not oblige to talk/instruct to GoodLuck!

Mr Obasanjo was not talking to Atiku for over a year towards the end in 2007.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Kx: 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jonathan is to remain in charge while Yardull recovers shocked shocked shocked

Did the constitution state that the office of the president shall be
occupied by the vice president.
If the sick president is not fit,he should be treated as such and "imcheeped"
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by ogazi007(m): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
Its highly ridiculous the way some of us think this present power tussle in Nigeria is between the north and south.we dont really know who is fooling who,some of the top government functionaries including the acting president knew yaradua will be smuggling into the country yesterday.didn't you all heard when the spokeperson of the 6-man delegation to saudi Ojo maduekwe said they were only going to saudi to thank and show appreciation to  king fahad for all the good job he has done for keeping our president for 3 months.they can keep fooling some folks but i have decided to channel my time and energy to enlighten those that cares to listen that what we really need now is REVOLUTION.its not a guarantee a southner would do better than yaradua.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
Adua resign nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
otawa:

there is Politics, there is rule of law. GoodLuck played the wrong politics. A court already said, Goodluck has been doing the work of acting president. or did you forget that.

Court of Law is above National Assembly!

exactly, what is incapacitated?

As long as Yaradua can SPEAK and thumb print forget about GoodLuck.

President is not oblige to be seen in public, that is why he has Vice. He can hold his FEC meeting by his bed side!

Didnt same National Assembly use his audio-interview with BBC as basis to make Jonathan acting President?

Goodluck is greedy and ge got caught in wrong politics by Turai.

wrong.
There is no place in the constitution where the President suppose to wave to Nigeria when coming back to Nigeria.

As for speaking,  let us wait. He can speak to us through radio show. Obama speaks to American via radio. No law says it has to be from TV.

There is no place in the constitution which says Nigerians can be led by proxy through the wife or appointed aides of a president. This man should have been history by now.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
Megadeals:

There is no place in the constitution which says Nigerians can be led by proxy through the wife or appointed aides of a president. This man should have been history by now.

Then, u cld start the procedure now

waooo:

Adua resign nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

He cant hear you, call him on 1-800-YAR-ADUA and tell him . . . .  grin
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Then, u cld start the procedure now

He cant hear you, call him on 1-800-YAR-ADUA and tell him . . . .  grin

This is why you have elected representatives. I played my part let them play theirs.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by iyaski: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yaradu is back,
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by otawa: 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
Yaradu is back,

As if we did not know that. Thanks
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Pharoh: 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What scenario?  

The deployment of Nigerian soldiers to receive the president without his knowledge.
The hijacking of the FEC meeting while he should be the acting president with executive powers.
The landing of the presidential Jet without his express order.
Going to pay homage to turai later this evening for what reason?
Allowing segun adeniyi to receive instructions from a president not recognized right now by the constitution because he is the acting president.

~Bluetooth:

jonathan was just a maid-in-waiting to yaradua but if i had said this way back folks wont believ because yaradua's home-coming was the last agenda for discussion

You are right but all hope is not lost judging from what is happening at the national assembly and we still have up to next week to see where all these is leading to.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2010
Pharoh:

The deployment of Nigerian soldiers to receive the president without his knowledge.
The hijacking of the FEC meeting while he should be the acting president with executive powers.
The landing of the presidential Jet without his express order.
Going to pay homage to turai later this evening for what reason?
Allowing segun adeniyi to receive instructions from a president not recognized right now by the constitution because he is the acting president.

You are right but all hope is not lost judging from what is happening at the national assembly and we still have up to next week to see where all these is leading to.

It is easier for us all to point fingers, the man is just doing what almost anyone would have done.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by oge4real(f): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
Nigeria is the funniest country on the planet.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Josch(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
helo beaf plz how can i post on nairaland forum?
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
oge4real:

Nigeria is the funniest country on the planet.

True Dat
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by ebioloye1: 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
BREAKING NEWS, SAUDI GOVERMENT DRIVE YARADUA OUT OF SAUDI HOSPITAL AT NIGHT grin shocked cool
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
ebi_oloye:

BREAKING NEWS, SAUDI GOVERMENT DRIVE YARADUA OUT OF SAUDI HOSPITAL AT NIGHT grin shocked cool

Nice for a jokes section
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Megadeals: 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is easier for us all to point fingers, the man is just doing what almost anyone would have done.

Fhemmmy,

You are missing the point. Look at it this way, the C.E.O you have employed to manage your business has disappeared for months without knowing if or when he will ever come back to work.
What choices do you have. You will have to make a decision at one point.
This is all we are asking for. An end to this madness.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
Megadeals:

Fhemmmy,

You are missing the point. Look at it this way, the C.E.O you have employed to manage your business has disappeared for months without knowing if or when he will ever come back to work.
What choices do you have. You will have to make a decision at one point.
This is all we are asking for. An end to this madness.

There is nothing Jonathan could have done, he is yet to be given the 100% power he needed to carry out the job, yaradua is still alive and cos of that, he is limited, his appointment is still being challenged in the court of law, so what do you think he cld have done
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Pharoh: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You are right but we are only just asking that he show just some little balls and i sure do know his situation is very difficult. He could have at least not allowed two or three of the above situations come to pass so easily. Give your enemy a step and he will take 20 more steps.
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by joshO: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
This should teach us to be careful who we have a president,  and should be ready to put our lives on the line to elect the right people,  I can't begin to imagine Duke, Fashola etc being this backward and detached from reality. Self before country.

Abeg make I rest sef,  before I take vex finish this bottle of brandy for my hand,  cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Pharoh: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

There is nothing Jonathan could have done, he is yet to be given the 100% power he needed to carry out the job, yaradua is still alive and cos of that, he is limited, his appointment is still being challenged in the court of law, so what do you think he cld have done

Phemmmy i think he sure do have that 100% power despite the challenge at the court, he was able to redeploy andoakaa or is that not a proof that he has 100% power? .
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Pharoh:

You are right but we are only just asking that he show just some little balls and i sure do know his situation is very difficult. He could have at least not allowed two or three of the above situations come to pass so easily. Give your enemy a step and he will take 20 more steps.

I personally think, he should have fired most of the die hard fans of yaradua and all those that wil not let us move forward, cos now that yaradua is back, nothing can happen from his end.
joshO:

This should teach us to be careful who we have a president,  and should be ready to put our lives ont he line to elect the right people,  I can't begin to imagine Duke, Fashola etc being this backward and detached from reality,

Abeg make I rest sef,  before I take vex finish this bottle of brandy for my hand,  cheesy

Vex jare and get another one
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Pharoh:

Phemmmy i think he sure do have that 100% power despite the challenge at the court, he was able to redeploy andoakaa or is that not a proof that he has 100% power? .

Yes, he did that and how do u know that is not why they quickly repackage Mr Yaradua and brought him back fast, dead or alive
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Jaylone(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
violent:

If you were in his shoes, what will you do?

Don't judge, it's all dicey,
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jaylone:

If you were in his shoes, what will you do?

Don't judge, it's all dicey,

Very Dicey
Re: Jonathan To Remain In Charge While Yar'adua Recovers by Josch(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
plz guyz hw cn i post on d nairaland forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Riots Reported In Ogba As Mob Attack Area G Police Station ? Can Anyone Confirm? / Senate Cancels Meeting With Oduah / I And My Family Have Changed Our Minds After Listenning To Prof. Osinbajo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.