Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,779 members, 7,844,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

A Son's Fear - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Son's Fear (402 Views)

Fear No More / JERRY AND ARIANA (A Son For Three Days) / Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Son's Fear by Kindoo: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
My mother, Sade Odun, was a tigress. A true descendant of the cats. She was a good mother in her own way but a wife to dread. She was on top of the house though I had a father, who was expected to be the head of the family. He was there but my mother ruled. She ruled with strong hand. Her desire was the final, she would always find her way through. Though father had a broad voice but with her, it seemed whisper like. Mother was in command. She dominated every where and gave no room to the things and even people she doesn't want. My father was a little heard of when it comes to our family. Thousands of miles apart mothers voice was heard, her yes sounds like the ghost-laughter, her no, sound like the thunder-roar. No one questioned her either, yes or no. She was good to us, even to dad, she does all her duty as a woman but added more.
      My father was always unhappy. Though cheering with us and helpful at all times, there was always a line of unhappiness in his eyes. I tried to find out but I couldn't. He would sometimes sit alone, struggling with forces within. I never knew why, until I grew up and had a similar experience, with a colleague, I lost my happiness, the man in me was made recess, making me less of me. Now, I have the fear, aren't all women same. Won't my wife be worse?
  Alidson
Www.wuranaija..com

(1) (Reply)

Listen To Me Dear. (A Story) / Ghost Stories Of Oluyole / Letter To The Betrayed From Anothernigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.