|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,104,980 members, 7,661,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 November 2023 at 06:57 PM
|How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation(scammers Secrets Exposed) by martinsreality: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2017|
How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation(scammers secrets exposed)
I have seen so many job seekers complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Don't all this opportunity to pass you by apply for a scholarship to study abroad for free by just filling a simple form as stated
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind.
An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also. So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers. Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money.
The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!
1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.
2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.
And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later. Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share
it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you Cheers!
more here http://www.martscholarships.com/2017/08/how-to-identify-scam-interview.html
|Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation(scammers Secrets Exposed) by Yusfunoble(m): 12:00am On Sep 07, 2017|
Nice one OP
Vacancy: Graduate Meter Engineers At The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company / Jobs At Risk Control Services Nigeria Limited For Verification Officers / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Ongoing Recruitment
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37