Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari (11300 Views)

Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari / "I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue" - Buhari / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Blue3k(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
The federal government has promised to dredge River Benue and construct additional drainage systems to combat the menace of incessant flood being experienced in the state.

President Muhammadu Buhari made the promise on Wednesday while addressing the Internally Displaced persons (IDPs) at the International Market camp in Makurdi.

Represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, the president expressed optimism that the dredging of the river would provide permanent solution to the problem.

He also hoped that the dredging would not only tackle flooding but also creates job opportunities for the youth.

“We need to look at a realistic solution to this problem, the dredging of River Benue is very important in addressing this flood issue and we will do something about it,’’ the president said.

Mr. Buhari said government was not only concerned about this year’s flood disaster but the 2012 disaster too and would find permanent solution to Benue incessant flooding.

“The intention of the Federal Government is not just to assist flood victims but also to find ways of providing real opportunities to help Nigerians improve their standard of living.”

Mr. Buhari reiterated his administration’s determination to fulfill all its campaign promises to the citizenry.

Earlier, Governor Samuel Ortom, while welcoming the president, appealed to the federal government to assist the state in dredging the river and complete ongoing drainage system in the state.

Mr. Ortom also commended the president for his prompt response and provision of relief materials to the flood victims.

He said that the state had received eight-truck load of relief materials from the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), adding that five were on the way.

He said Nasarawa State Government also donated four trucks of relief materials.

The governor commended the Nigerian Air force for the provision of healthcare system to the IDPs and other civil society groups for their various contributions as well.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mr. Osinbajo also visited ecological-threatened areas in Makurdi and Central Store where relief materials are warehoused.

(NAN)

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/242582-benue-flood-nigerian-govt-dredge-river-benue-buhari.html

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Blue3k(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
Good to see they are being proactive now. This isn't first or last flood. Very brotherly if Nasawara for donating aid.

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Aonkuuse(m): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
best news for Benue people, please baba don't give the money to our governor, Award the contract yourself and it should be monitored

11 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by potipher7: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
Buhari is a certified kunu sipping monkey

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
Aonkuuse:
best news for Benue people, please baba don't give the money to our governor, Award the contract yourself and it should be monitored

Lol. ... How sure are you that your governor doesn't reason better than the giver himself

13 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
A promise that'll be denied as usual cheesy

Abi no be same APC / buhari that campaign with so many unfulfilled promises

24 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by bloodmoneyspita: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
passed there and there was so much sand in the river bed. but I thought yaradua awarded this contract what happened to it.

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by BlackDBagba: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dredging of River Benue?

Chai!!! Did Ohakim of Imo State not promise the same thing and cash out billions.

He needs money for another 100 days abroad.

Pa Buhari... why?

3 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Aonkuuse(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
benedictnsi:

Lol. ... How sure are you that your governor doesn't reason better than the giver himself
wailer, my governor never see reasons in dredging river Benue though he is directly concerned. we Benue people welcome the development. I wonder why people like you doesn't like good news. continue wailing

8 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by HoluwarTohbar(f): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Lolzz...ask them in 2019 and they will tell you they were quoted out of context or that it wasn't captured in the budget.
All Promises cancelled.... APC

4 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Aonkuuse:
wailer, my governor never see reasons in dredging river Benue though he is directly concerned. we Benue people welcome the development. I wonder why people like you doesn't like good news. continue wailing

And I wonder why you have no understanding ....cos if you do you would have understood that I'm not against the dredging but the way you said the money should be given

Over sabi..... Now you see say the Benue flood also affected your brain

2 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by HoluwarTohbar(f): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
Aonkuuse:
Your governor is the best! Don't let anybody decieve you. Didn't he distribute wheelbarrows to you guys the other day? The man too try abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Blue3k(m): 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Lol denying press release from News Agency of Nigeria that would be hillarious.
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by GidiParrot: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2017
God bless my president.
Wailers, you are still. Allow to wail to this.

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by MARKone(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2017
To...To Na wetin we dey hear everytime
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Elslim: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2017
i Sa'id ita all these states are useless, must the FG do everything?? pls tell me what is d work of state government apart from paying salaries??
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Celestyn8213: 10:18am On Sep 07, 2017
Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by lelvin(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
"We will dredge rivers Niger and Benue, there will be no more flooding. The contract was awarded by the Goodluck administration but the money went down the drain" APC punchline for 2019 election while campaigning in Benue state.

Meanwhile....

4 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by ponpon(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Learn from what happened in 1927 to the Mississippi, why dredge? Why not create levees?
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Klington: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Another promise that might never come to pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by suremanpatriot: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Yes,whn u dredge you gain more earth plane and minimize mass flooding,then build floodgates
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Klington: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Blue3k:
Good to see they are being proactive now. This isn't first or last flood. Very brotherly if Nasawara for donating aid.
I'm sure you don't understand the meaning of that word proactive.

4 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by paradigmshift(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2017
story for the gods
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Infocitadel: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by AWOisaCOWARD: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Your governor is the best! Don't let anybody decieve you. Didn't he distribute wheelbarrows to you guys the other day? The man too try abeg.

He also imported snakes and other reptiles to their state, if you doubt me ask omenkaLives.

4 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by flowellmark: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
Celestyn8213:
Easier said than done
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by obailala(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Blue3k:
Good to see they are being proactive reactive now. This isn't first or last flood. Very brotherly if Nasawara for donating aid.
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by Originalsly: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2017
Ha!...dredging a river to prevent flooding!...funny guy!....is he going to dredge the entire river? Flood in Texas...all parts of the world.... over and over again...I wonder why they never thought of dredging mm
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by juman(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2017
TheFreeOne:

You are right.
It's just another futile promises.
APC is a very useless government.
Re: Benue Flood: FG To Dredge River Benue – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2017
Any update about the Ogoni clean-up exercise?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Culture Is Inimical To Nigeria's Growth - Donald Duke / APGA Appoints Emeka & Bianca Ojukwu, Obiano, Soludo, Umeh Others As Bot Members / Petrol Price May Hit N180 As Oil Nears $50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.