Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Remembering TV Movies, Novels And Programmes Of Yester-years - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Remembering TV Movies, Novels And Programmes Of Yester-years (674 Views)

Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) / Watch POWER Tvseries !!! Season 6 Episode 15 Leaked - Tv/movies / Whatsapp Group For TV! MOVIES TALK Drop Your Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering TV Movies, Novels And Programmes Of Yester-years by cantok(m): 11:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
I went back into nairaland archives to recall this interesting topic our Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by @ugosly(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
ugosly:
Hey folks,just wondering,what were your favourite TV programmes,cartoons and drama series of the late 80's. I remember: Tales by moonlight/ Superted/Behind the clouds/some mothers do hav 'em(Frank Spencer)/Rent-A-Ghost/Voltron Force, and so many others.
Tell us about urs

Contributors
jhonebrin:
my Favourite Tv Programmes are:- tom and jerry/pokemon/Johnny Bravo,cow and chicken,Grim and Evil
kcpumping:
things fall apart behind d cloud,

freecocoa:
I was born in the latest part of the 80's but I watched, Tales by moonlight, Voltron force, Magic school bus, Justice league, Cesmistry(don't think the spelling's right). Pinky and the brain, I'm a cartoon fan, I still watch till date but I think these were done in the 80's.

stagger:
I did watch the Things Fall Apart film featuring a much younger Pete Edochie and Justus Esiri when it was serialized on NTA in 1986.
Cartoons
1) Voltron (the defender of the universe; it was a huge hit).
2) Superted
3) Thunder-Sub
4) Battle of the Planets
5) Speed Racer (used to watch via NTA Aba where Cliff Ayozie used to be a presenter. He is the same Cliff Ayozie on NTA News 24 in Abuja; the guy looks young but im don tey for NTA o!).
6) Danger Mouse
7) Several Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Clue Club, Dynomutt (Dog Wonder and Blue Falcon), Scooby Doo, the Laff Alympics, Wacky races, Tom and Jerry, Atom Ant, etc.
Foreign Films
1) The Incredible Hulk ( I believe that was in 1978 but I watched it in 1983 for the first time).
2) Superman II (also released in 1978 but watched it in 1984).
3) Breakin' 1 and 2 (the breakdance films of 1984; hugely popular).
4) Hawaii Five "O" featuring late Jack Lord.
5) Return of the Saint (70s version featuring Ian Ogilvy as Simon 'the Saint" Templar).
6) Some Mothers Do 'ave 'Em (1978 but watched in the 80s featuring Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer)
7) The Bond Series films starring Roger Moore as James Bond (Moonrakers, Octopussy, the Spy Who Loved Me, etc). I think I also watched two Bond films starring Timothy Dalton.
cool Jane Eyre.
9) Dr Who starring Tom baker (this was 1976 but I watched for the first time in the 80s).
10) Pop Rock (a musical program).
11) Good Times and the Jeffersons (these were in the 70s but I watched for the first time in the 80s).
12) Sanford and Son (early 70s but I watched for the first time in the 80s). Also had a few other programs like Magic Circle featuring Ali the Cat. That was the peak of my childhood and believe me, I still miss those days. I still remember that we used to scratch our sandals on the floor to make them smooth so as to be able to perform Michael Jackson's backslide. Parents started reporting to our Principal because they were having to replace sandals more regularly, so sometime in 1984, we had to start lifting up our sandals for inspection of our soles. Defaulters would get three strokes of the cane on the calf muscles; very painful. I met one of my teachers who used to deliver this punishment recently. Sadly she is now very old and is blind. Broke my heart to see her like that but such is life. The 80s rocked!

MORE HERE:
https://www.nairaland.com/768637/favourite-tv-programmes-80s

How about literature like The Sicilian by Mario PUZO (?), The Godfather, If Tomorrow Comes and James Hardely Chase Novels.......

Any 80's in the house? grin

(1) (Reply)

Irotvmobile App...used In Watching Cinemas Nollywood / Gotv Pay & Get One Month Free - A Fraud / #bbnaija2018 : Cee-c Sneaks Into Tobi's Bed Again To Charge Her Batteries (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.