Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

HONEST Question Requiring An Answer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HONEST Question Requiring An Answer (1989 Views)

Let's Do This Together....leave An Answer If You Are A Trader/blogger/developer / Requiring To Meet Before Applying For Google Adsense / Please Guys I Need An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Webman007: 9:31am On Sep 07, 2017
Sorry Webmasters, Designers and Developers in the house please help me answer these set of questions....

1) Webmasters who regularly talks about how they will build and host a website for a client for as low as 5K biko how will they do it?

2) Some persons who post request for Web project here and then tells you they have only between 5-7 or even 10k for the job how do they want it done?

3) Lastly as a web designer/ developer what normally constitute your costing for web design job....Any of this or more

a) Cost of domain and hosting? as for the hosting be it local or foreign and the configuration that comes with the hosting ( by this I mean the size, bandwidth and other addon's)

b) Cost of data/power and time to use to do the job which includes time spent making sense of the content received from client, optimizing it and sourcing for/preparing images to be used as most clients don't provide good images for thier jobs.

c) maybe you're building with WordPress so does your costing covers using premium theme in case if you have to of using any if the existing paid premium page builders ?

I need an answer and opinion of real Webmasters and designers/developers in the house because the prevalence of PEPs dropping ridiculous amount or offers to build website for clients here is high and outside reality...
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by vomeke: 9:43am On Sep 07, 2017
Thumbs up
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Webman007: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks bro....waiting patiently for Webmasters and Designers to come forward and give me their opinion on this
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by excanny: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
Webman007:

1) Webmasters who regularly talks about how they will build and host a website for a client for as low as 5K biko how will they do it?

If they don't scam them, these oloshis end up relying on some unstable free hosting platform. After a while, the victim website gets deleted and they are back to square one.
Na wordpress fault sha, these chalartans abuse the purpose why wordpress was built.

This is one reason I don't do mass teaching of web design, it attracts all sorts of people who don't have passion and respect for this profession.

2) Some persons who post request for Web project here and then tells you they have only between 5-7 or even 10k for the job how do they want it done?

They have seen the desperado behaviours of the oloshis, and they think they can throw whatever at socalled web developers.

3) Lastly as a web designer/ developer what normally constitute your costing for web design job....Any of this or more
a) Cost of domain and hosting? as for the hosting be it local or foreign and the configuration that comes with the hosting ( by this I mean the size, bandwidth and other addon's)

b) Cost of data/power and time to use to do the job which includes time spent making sense of the content received from client, optimizing it and sourcing for/preparing images to be used as most clients don't provide good images for thier jobs.

c) maybe you're building with WordPress so does your costing covers using premium theme in case if you have to of using any if the existing paid premium page builders ?

All the above and the level of customization if using pre-existing themes or building one from scratch.

1 Like

Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Webman007: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
excanny:

If they don't scam them, these oloshis end up relying on some unstable free hosting platform. After a while, the victim website gets deleted and they are back to square one.
Na wordpress fault sha, these chalartans abuse the purpose why wordpress was built.

This is one reason I don't do mass teaching of web design, it attracts all sorts of people who don't have passion and respect for this profession.

They have seen the desperado behaviours of the oloshis, and they think they can throw whatever at socalled web developers.

All the above and the level of customization if using pre-existing themes or building one from scratch.

Thumb up bro....you made a lot of point..this piece was inspired by recent experience of some fellows mostly here on Nairaland that says they want website built for me only to start quoting ridiculous amount for the job
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Dmayor7(m): 12:56am On Sep 09, 2017
Webman007:
Sorry Webmasters, Designers and Developers in the house please help me answer these set of questions....

I need an answer and opinion of real Webmasters and designers/developers in the house because the prevalence of PEPs dropping ridiculous amount or offers to build website for clients here is high and outside reality...

Haha haha brother I dey feel you!

Sincerely, this is getting out of hand and am not happy about it...

What da hell fire will make someone imagine he gonna use 2k and build a website?

Those people with such mentality are the once that usually fall to scam....

I tire for them..
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Webman007: 3:08am On Sep 09, 2017
Dmayor7:

Haha haha brother I dey feel you!

Sincerely, this is getting out of hand and am not happy about it...

What da hell fire will make someone imagine he gonna use 2k and build a website?

Those people with such mentality are the once that usually fall to scam....

I tire for them..

I am telling you bro...I have tried understanding it but can't and am lost completely

1 Like

Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Dmayor7(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Webman007:

I am telling you bro...I have tried understanding it but can't and am lost completely

What I do nowadays is to ignore their messages completely.
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Doerstech(m): 6:08am On Mar 12, 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by yomalex(m): 8:43am On Mar 12, 2018
lol
Re: HONEST Question Requiring An Answer by Doerstech(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2018
yomalex:
lol

Serious LOL

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help Me With Traffic / How Do I Translate 1688.com Website To English On Phone Browser / 5 Internet Businesses That Can Make You A Millionaire This 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.