Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,013 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi (3507 Views)

Viola Onwuliri's Son Beats Wife, Locks Her Up In The Bathroom - Pointblanknews / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Yar'adua's Hospital Pictures-pointblanknews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Pharoh: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2010
Baring last minute change of heart, all minister deemed to be disloyal to President Umaru Ya'Adua while he was away in Saudi Arabia, may be sacked any time from now.

Sources told pointblanknews.com that Turai who is now in charge of the Presidential Villa has consistently ranted against those she has tagged traitors.

It was however not clear what wil lhappen to Michael Aodndoakaa.

Those pencilled down for sack are Information Minister, Dora Akunyili, Foreign Affairs minister, Ojo Maduekwe.

Also the jobs of Tanimu Kurfi, Economic Adviser, and Agriculture minister, Abba Ruma are at stake as Turai is of the view they did not do enough to stop Jonathan.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2946.html
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by labiyemmy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2010
here they go again. I thought they swore that the man was dead earlier on?
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
I just wonder why they would have preferred Nigeria to be without a president.
Besides, Jonathan was only acting while the dude was taking care of his health
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by MrCrackles(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
Does Turai have the powers to sack ministers
Technically and constitutionally - NO. . .
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Igbanibo: 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
She doesnt have the enumerated powers to do that, but de facto yes. Unfortunately, the government is ruled the way a traditional chief, ie emir, oba does. I think while we are busy revising section 145 of the constitution, we need to put in an amendment on spouses running the government too.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by ezeagu(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
It really surprises me when Nigerians act surprised. grin It's like everything is forgotten in Nigeria, a man can exterminate a whole village, ten years passes and his still in power and some people even praise him! embarassed
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2010
MrCrackles:

Does Turai have the powers to sack ministers
Technically and constitutionally - NO. . .

But with access to the balls of he that cld do it, then, it will be done and she will laff behind them all
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2010
We've got serious and I mean very very serious fundamental problems in this country, nuff said angry
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
Adrenaline:

We've got serious and I mean very very serious fundamental problems in this country, nuff said angry

Lol
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by safeact(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
Sorry poster, she has no ordercity to do any of such! Goodluck is still incharge.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Fhemmmy: 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
safeact:

Sorry poster, she has no ordercity to do any of such! Goodluck is still incharge.

Another wishful thinking . . . . A new sheriff is in town.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by henry101(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
It wont b wrong if I compare
TURAI YARADUA 2 JEZEBEL
UMORU MUSA YARADUA 2 KING SAUL.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by 9ja4eva: 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
GOD PUNISH TURAI.This is the begining of the end for the NORTH AND YAR A SLOW
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
She may be getting support from the Cabal.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by jamace(m): 2:48am On Feb 25, 2010
Turai has no power to sack anybody in Nigeria, talk more of Ministers. In fact, Nigeria is a big drama now.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by violent(m): 2:53am On Feb 25, 2010
I suspect Goodluck is just testing the waters to see if the president is truly active or just a mere vegetable.

If Goodluck discovers that Yaradua is a vegetable and cannot give any orders, then, many are going to have their arses whooped
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by violent(m): 3:05am On Feb 25, 2010
Why can't the National Assembly demand a full report on the state of health of the president, and let them call sound Medical Practitioners as well as psychologist to determine if the dude is still able to discharge his duties or not.
A letter should also be sent to the office of the Acting President to address the issue of the power "confusion", and as well define the limitations of the powers conferred on the Acting President.
From the whole saga, one thing we can actively point out is that the office of the First Lady is stronger than that of the vice/acting president, if Goodluck is smart in any way, this should be the first things he should address!
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Fhemmmy: 3:08am On Feb 25, 2010
Cos the HA that matters are in the pockets of those that counts . . . . cool
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by nethacker(m): 6:34am On Feb 25, 2010
this woman is crazy beyond expression angry angry
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by slap1(m): 6:53am On Feb 25, 2010
I wish we all believe in God the way we believe these news. Turai returned yesterday, a journalist's imagination goes wild, and we readily believe it. Well I don't believe this news.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 25, 2010
Nigerians Young Nigerians please learn to get knowledge and stop spreading stupid stories like this one. Learn to know and talk from an informed point threads like this make w=me wanna throw up
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by NnamdiN: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2010
I don't understand why bro. J is wasting precious time,why not do yar'adie a little favor and kill him,himself?
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by ohisng(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2010
Whats wrong with this turai woman? Na who she think say she be sef? I blame patience when no fit sound am better slap
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Gbawe: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2010
aisha2:

Nigerians Young Nigerians please learn to get knowledge and stop spreading silly stories like this one. Learn to know and talk from an informed point threads like this make w=me wanna throw up

Indeed . It has been amusing watching Turai elevated into what she is not and can never be because of the nature of Nigerians to fear authority and those associated with it. Of course Turai is ambitious . We all know she wants her husband to remain President. Arguably she may also be forging a power dynasty with how some of her daughters have married Nigerian Governors. She may have gained more (at least financially) from Yar Adua's Presidency than anyone else so , predictably, she wants continuity.

Nonetheless , and ultimately,  she has no official power and she should be put in her place by those officially empowered to lead . A few simple things can be done to put an end to this saga that has spewed so much nonsense from the vivid imagitions of Journalists who should be writing celebrity gossip and not politics. Yet we all know that our politicians are rarely ever interested in doing even the simplest things that will bring progress for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by hollandis(f): 9:37am On Feb 25, 2010
Who is Turai
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by mogentle(m): 10:18am On Feb 25, 2010
hollandis:

Who is Turai

An old foolish woman that claims to be what she is not and can never be.
Publicity makes her popular than whom she is. Fooooool!!! shocked shocked
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Arkison: 10:32am On Feb 25, 2010
If every other woman will be like Turai. . . Nigeria would have been better.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by otokx(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2010
This is all trash
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by Kadejo(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2010
can someone tel me where TURAI is in the map of NIGERIA!
Oh someone would say the first lady,
tel her she is sick also, she neeeds medical attention before her case gets worser dan
mr. president.
she wants to sack or what did I just had.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by igboboy1(m): 11:48am On Feb 25, 2010
ohisng:

Whats wrong with this turai woman? Na who she think say she be sef? I blame patience when no fit sound am better slap

Na im i dey wonder too, I no say Bayelsa women no dey slack if Turai dare crosses here path patience go colobi am finish
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by muhsin(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
You have yourselves job. . . grin

Every junk has is worthy discussing on NL.
Re: PointBlankNews Says Turai May Sack Maduekwe, Akunyili, Ruma, Kurfi by desthan(m): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fu-ge-la-la-la, whistles and moves one undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Militants Disown Mend / NARD Strike Suspended! / (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.