Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

NARD Strike Suspended! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NARD Strike Suspended! (3511 Views)

NARD Threatens Strike / Oil Marketers Resume Loading Of Petroleum Products As Strike Suspended / Lagos Doctors Sack:NARD Goes On Sympathy Warning Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
The National Association of
Resident Doctors (NARD) on
Thursday announced the
suspension of its more than
three-week old nationwide
strike.
The President of the
association, Dr Jibril Abdullahi,
said the strike was suspended
following a meeting by National
Executive Council of NARD in
Abuja on October 24.
He said that it was agreed that
the issues in contention would
be looked into and
implemented as soon as
possible.
"Our leaders will go back to
their places and inform their
members of decisions arrived
at and work will resume as
soon as possible".
The doctors went on strike
over the non-payment of
arrears of salaries of some
doctors for over four months
under the Integrated Personnel
and Payroll Information System
(IPPIS) arrangement. (NAN)

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/resident-doctors-suspend-nationwide-strike.14308/
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
So? undecided

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
smartchoice: So? undecided
so FMCs and teaching hspitals wil resume wrk proper
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by DrABCD: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
, what re thy even sayin, d govt can't read thr handwritin

3 Likes

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 25, 2013
nonsense! angry criminals with stethoscopes!

dmalam:
so FMCs and teaching hspitals wil resume wrk proper

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by OKKO(m): 5:53am On Oct 25, 2013
They are finally tied, criminals on ward coats, bunch of clowns....think they will support their fellow northerners that high jacked the ASUU strike...all to pull down a xtian southern presidoo smh!
A mere student doctor being paid above 250K monthly still go on strike for trivial issues. I don't even know why Govt. will be wasting money for residency programme instead of collecting school fees from them as they keep on killing Nigeria, using them as guinea pigs for practicals.
It is high time other professions advocate for govt to be sponsoring their post graduate programme too

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 6:41am On Oct 25, 2013
OKKO: They are finally tied, criminals on ward coats, bunch of clowns....think they will support their fellow northerners that high jacked the ASUU strike...all to pull down a xtian southern presidoo smh!
A mere student doctor being paid above 250K monthly still go on strike for trivial issues. I don't even know why Govt. will be wasting money for residency programme instead of collecting school fees from them as they keep on killing Nigeria, using them as guinea pigs for practicals.
It is high time other professions advocate for govt to be sponsoring their post graduate programme too
First of all, buffoon, there's no such thing as a student doctor. One is either a student or a doctor. A resident can very easily decide to practice in a private setting, kill more people and still make ridiculous amounts of money. Residency is work. School fees r paid to the Postgraduate college of medicine quite alright, but the residents are employed because of what they can do, not what they can learn. And by the way, if residents were actually earning 250K a month, we won't be complaining @ all.
Of course I don't expect you to understand.

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by sunjavagroups(m): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2013
Doctors are supposed to understand that they are not here to make money especially in a country where their own past teachers are even being paid less than 10% of what they are earning.
Be reasonable please as many lives are at stake
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Nonsense people. They know nothing o, but can strike and head all parastatals all in the name of impeding the progress of others health workers.
They will fail, criminals.
Was it not one of them that gave HIV to a patient on emergency?

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2013
Dr.ABCD:
what re they even sayin, d govt can't read there handwriting
i tire ooo
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
Nonsense people. They know nothing o, but can strike and head all parastatals all in the name of impeding the progress of others health workers.
Ejoor, next time u fall ill or have an accident, u or ur family members. Or next time u get that STD that u usually get, kindly go to a herbalist to treat u. Don't bother going to a criminal, u hear.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
Ejoor, next time u fall ill or have an accident, u or ur family members. Or next time u get that STD that u usually get, kindly go to a herbalist to treat u. Don't bother going to a criminal who knows nothing, u hear.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Tobbie9(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2013
The level of ignorance and foolishness exhibited by some nairalanders is frightening
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Chuck01: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2013
Y d public display
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2013
elobyobi:
Ejoor, next time u fall ill or have an accident, u or ur family members. Or next time u get that STD that u usually get, kindly go to a herbalist to treat u. Don't bother going to a criminal, u hear.
it is u and all ur family that will fall ill and have accident, not me!

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2013
Tobbie9: The level of ignorance and foolishness exhibited by some nairalanders is frightening
dr tobi abeg tag nmonika abeg
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Tobbie9(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:

dr tobi abeg tag nmonika abeg
what does this mean?
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2013
elobyobi:
First of all, buffoon, there's no such thing as a student doctor. One is either a student or a doctor. A resident can very easily decide to practice in a private setting, kill more people and still make ridiculous amounts of money. Residency is work. School fees r paid to the Postgraduate college of medicine quite alright, but the residents are employed because of what they can do, not what they can learn. And by the way, if residents were actually earning 250K a month, we won't be complaining @ all.
1000 likes

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Ntom: 1000 likes
as if dat will solve ur probs
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Tobbie9: what does this mean?
if u want to insult, call names
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:

if u want to insult, call names
Lawdamercy, this guy has issues.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
eloyby whateva...doctors are simply criminals with stethoscopes! cool

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
This is Nigeria. We're all criminals, even to vulcaniser by the roadside who doubles the price of a tube when he sees that one is a novice. But then, "criminals" are necessary, indispensible even.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Coming from a doc's mouth!
It have finish!
elobyobi: This is Nigeria. We're all criminals, even to vulcaniser by the roadside who doubles the price of a tube when he sees that one is a novice. But then, "criminals" are necessary, indispensible even.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Feed on it, and get bloated.
The medical profession is the noblest there is. Of course there are bad eggs everywhere, that's my point.
Even in school, what we are taught is Tropical Medicine ie what obtains in our environment, corruption inclusive. I'm simply being realistic when I say that some criminals have licences. But not all doctors are criminals. When we strike, we are saying, "do what is right. Do what other nations are doing and progressing....do what stops doctors in other places from becoming criminals, give us what is rightfully ours"
Finish whatever u want to finish. Just know that it was only resident doctors that went on strike. Consultants were still attending to patients, and private hospitals(where the REAL criminals are) were very much open.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
I will kill does doctores on my blacklist! Just wait, they insulted me out of ego!
They are done for.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by elobyobi: 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
I will kill does doctores on my blacklist! Just wait, they insulted me out of ego!
They are done for.
Told you....issues.
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
elobyobi: ...
Told you....issues.
:/
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by phantom(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
when next you contact genital herpes from gay sex,see a native doctor! grin grin grin
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
phantom: when next you contact genital herpes from gay sex,see a native doctor! grin grin grin
eya, who gave u herpes?
Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by tosin2013: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2013
elobyobi:

perfect answer. i just wonder under which rock some peeps av been living? some know absolutely nothing on medical practice and yet they give technical inputs..... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: NARD Strike Suspended! by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 28, 2013
tosin2013:

perfect answer. i just wonder under which rock some peeps av been living? some know absolutely nothing on medical practice and yet they give technical inputs..... angry angry angry
go hug live high tension wire if u re really angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Air-conditioned Trains Commissioned By VP Sambo In Makurdi / Pics Of Boko Haram Members +Their Cars Captured By The Nigerian Army In Munguno / A Video Showing Bokoharam fighting back Nigerian soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.