Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Is The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria High As A Result Of Lack Of Jobs Or Not? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria High As A Result Of Lack Of Jobs Or Not? (450 Views)

Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Rises To 5% – NBS / Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria High As A Result Of Lack Of Jobs Or Not? by Agoro112: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
I have had the opportunity to meet young lads who are either job searching, just passed out from NYSC or currently have a part time job that they so much despise and what i have noticed they all have in common is that they are very picky on the type of job offers they are willing to take up.

one of the most turned down job offer is a sales/marketing role, it is very easy to understand why they turn down these offers but it is even more sad that they fail to realise the mass opportunities that a sales roles presents to them.

Being a sales person affords you the opportunity to meet alot of people, understand processes and also tap into new and emerging opportunities that lies out there. I usually refer to sales people as the people with the golden opportunities.

i know alot of people will disagree with me, but i strongly hold on to my opinion because i have seen it work for a lot of people. Agreeing that its not an easy role to fit in but then who says good things comes easily.

Lastly, i would like to state that we are all marketers because we sell ourselves, our brand, our beliefs and other things around us unconsciously but once you a job role is branded sales, you see the decline rate increase astronomically and people close the page as fast as they opened it.

So the question is if you can sell unconsciously, why can you not carve a niche for yourself and delve into the wide opportunities that sales opportunities have to offer.

comments and reviews will be highly appreciated, you can either leave your comments here or send them to recruitment@5thquadrant.net

thank you
Re: Is The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria High As A Result Of Lack Of Jobs Or Not? by skolab4(m): 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2018
Agoro112:
I have had the opportunity to meet young lads who are either job searching, just passed out from NYSC or currently have a part time job that they so much despise and what i have noticed they all have in common is that they are very picky on the type of job offers they are willing to take up.

one of the most turned down job offer is a sales/marketing role, it is very easy to understand why they turn down these offers but it is even more sad that they fail to realise the mass opportunities that a sales roles presents to

Being a sales person affords you the opportunity to meet alot of people, understand processes and also tap into new and emerging opportunities that lies out there. I usually refer to sales people as the people with the golden opportunities.

i know alot of people will disagree with me, but i strongly hold on to my opinion because i have seen it work for a lot of people. Agreeing that its not an easy role to fit in but then who says good things comes easily.

Lastly, i would like to state that we are all marketers because we sell ourselves, our brand, our beliefs and other things around us unconsciously but once you a job role is branded sales, you see the decline rate increase astronomically and people close the page as fast as they opened it.

So the question is if you can sell unconsciously, why can you not carve a niche for yourself and delve into the wide opportunities that sales opportunities have to offer.

comments and reviews will be highly appreciated, you can either leave your comments here or send them to recruitment@5thquadrant.net

thank you

Pls Are all sales job salary based on commission,, e.g DSA , why are the salaries based on performance and not fixed..which why I think most people run from sales role.

(1) (Reply)

Budget Manager Job - Gongo Group / Who Is Your Role Model? / Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.