Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Post Recession Nigeria; What Should I Expect? By Oshaloto Tade Joseph - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Recession Nigeria; What Should I Expect? By Oshaloto Tade Joseph (247 Views)

What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / Experts Advise FG On Post-recession Management / Nigeria, Where Do Your Economists Study Their Econs? By; Oshaloto Joseph Tade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post Recession Nigeria; What Should I Expect? By Oshaloto Tade Joseph by coolphemie07(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
Dear Presidency,

The business of governance is moreorless a thankless job. I assume you have counted the cost before offering yourselves to lead these nations - and I mean the country Nigeria.

Aside the business of ensuring my security as a citizen, you have a moral and civil duty to work tirelessly to earn my confidence and continued trust. Again, I assume you understand this well enough so I'll save you the stress of a civic class.

A couple of days ago I asked what exactly you have done for me at least lately - just after the Principal referred to me as HIS CITIZEN - and shortly after then the PHCN took light. Shortly after that the hopes of ASUU returning to work was dashed. Shortly after that MTN slashed my data per naira. Shortly after that my parents who had put some 70 years combined to the service of fatherland still complained of outrageous pension arrears.

Shortly after I asked what you, Nigeria, had done for me lately, nothing of note happened in the positive!

To accord them the dignity they deserve, I refrain from mentioning those who have paid the supreme price as a result of this administration and its numerous predecessors' ineptitude. They paid the price for being Nigerians!

May they rest in peace.

About 48 hours ago the news broke that Nigeria was no longer broke. It was announced that we've had our heads above waters. Nigeria was now officially out of recession.

But perhaps because you did not hire good enough hands to teach me economics - or maybe you weren't paying them as and when due, I happened not to fancy economics beyond what can be seen and felt. In effect, the whole grammar about our exit from recession means no shit to me if I won't feel it on the quantity of Garri my Naira can buy.

I don't clap when figures are green, I clap and dance when stalls and store are green and packed full. Under a certain Dr. you were rolling out figures which didn't translate into better life for more people. I have learnt my lesson now that the wàyó is probably worse.

So when you come this time with claims about economic exploits, I take it with a grain of salt.

See, exit from recession means no shit if decent housing remains an exclusive advantage for the goats which ate over 400 billion this years alone. It means no freaking bleep if the Police still rake in billions of Naira which are unaccounted for.

As I type this letter, my android is only nine percent charged - and that's because it's plugged into my laptop - and the noise from my neighbors' Mikano is sickening me!

Because I'm not immune to the bandwagon, I open my teeth each time my friends bring up the story of our escape from recession - some of them actually celebrate every freaking blip you dish out - but I actually don't know what it practically means from the presidency's point of view.

And now that the FEC has been placed on hold, who will honestly and accurately explain?

In case you, the presidency, deem it fit to do a clearer explaining, kindly resist the temptation to have Lai, Garba or Shina convey the message.

Use, Kemi. I like her British English even though Reno alleges she's bad in arithmetics.

Epilogue: this is frankly an opportunity for Nigeria to the economy more seriously. The government of the day should write its name in gold. Post recession, we should have an economic team comprising our best brains (and hearts) who will chart a smart economic course that will get us firmly balanced. This is what I expect!

Oshaloto, Joseph Tade is a strategic communication expert. He loves simple economics.

visit oshalototade. to read more piece

(1) (Reply)

Afonja+biafrans=100% 9ja / Nigeria To Understudy Dubai Cultural Sector – DG NCAC / Is East Troublesome Entities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.