Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint (1946 Views)

Kesington Adebutu Becomes Odole Odua, Obasanjo And Others Present / List Of Political Heavyweights Present At The 2017 PDP Convention / "My Name Is Peter The Rock, You Hit Me, You Die, I Hit You, You Die - Gov Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by NaijaNewsPapers: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Chief Ayodele Fayose arriving and exchanging pleasantries with participants at a summit on restructuring tagged "The Yoruba Standpoint" taking place at Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, Ibadan on Thursday, 7th September, 2017.

Amongst prominent sons and daughters of the Yoruba race at the summit are His Imperial Majesty, Oba Eniitan Ogunwusi, The Ooni of Ife, Aare Afe Babalola, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Chief Olu Falae, Dr. Olu Olajide, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, Dr. Tokunbo Ajasin, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, Chief Osinbogun, Otunba Gani Adams and so on.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/09/photos-gov-fayose-ooni-of-ife-oba.html

[img]https://4.bp..com/-oyNxO4ICA_o/WbFtF1VBzuI/AAAAAAAAFzA/DP28gtGkktoMd8LDXo7YvxZugFi6Q8YoACLcBGAs/s640/gov.5.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-g1U5XpfalQc/WbFtFOAdgDI/AAAAAAAAFy0/1nnbI8nx9jIohU99_RSOuvU1YKSXpwbAwCEwYBhgL/s640/gov.1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by NaijaNewsPapers: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Tolexander: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Awa omo kaaro aajiirebi
A kuku jiire, telegan lo babe.

Oodua a gbe wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by abimbolayekeen: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
This is Yoruba Stand , Oduduwa a gbe wa o , Amen .
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
Regionalism is the way forward.. God bless the Yoruba Nation..

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by OrdercityWeb: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2017

There is just something about Yorubas. Goodluck Jonathan deacribed it as "sophistication".
There is something about Yorubas that makes them standout; the culture, values, oneness, Educated and enlightened.

The Yoruba man is so 'wise', very high native intelligence. You would actually think you are playing them but at the end you'd see it was you who actually played yourself, now that's wisdom without making noise.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by rose54321: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hmmm...
Our governor, the excellent politician but terrible leader
Well sha he's still better than those that fail at both. Apologies to my Imo folks.
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Cinkq: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Verry happy with their stand i must say,but sad Tinubu and pa akande weren't there nor represented(stand to be corrected) The absence of tinubu will put to test whatever agreement they've reached in that summit. Not blaming Tinubu for not attending, However, every yoruba man needs an answer as to why he did not attend this historic summit which was centered on the great yoruba future in Nigeria. Tinubu should only ignore telling us why he missed this summit if he does not see himself as a yoruba leader. I REITERATE THAT TINUBU'S ABSENCE WOULD PUT THEIR STAND/ AGREEMENT TO TEST. He seems to be the most influential/powerful yoruba leader(aside religion leaders) today. Let all our leaders close ranks please,then we can talk about the great yorubas having a ''REAL'' stand,and this summit will then yield the desired results.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by deji17: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Take note, apart from the Ooni of Ife, Ajasin , Ojudu and few other names, the rest of the people at this gathering are PDP Members or PDP appendage.
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
First of all, thanks to Afenifere for this initiative - bringing Yoruba stakeholders together with a view to coming up with a unified Yoruba position on restructuring. Every Yoruba Christians, liberals, traditionalists and atheists still supporting this contraption called Nigeria and opposing every move to restructure should have a rethink. See, Yoruba nation is going down the drain day by day and no one seems to care. Educationally, we have lost it! Check the recent WAEC performance stats released recently. Chai, I remember my days. Stop deluding yourself about Yoruba leading the pack. Those days are gone.

Yoruba youths have become very lazy. This is why they asslick and kowtow to politicians for crumbs. Morally, nko? Yoruba youths don't want to thread the noble path of working hard to achieve success. Stop all this APC PDP bullshits! Think Yoruba first. Think about your unborn children. Yoruba have lost it! Apart from the normal diss we have with the Igbos here, we should not oppose Biafra and restructuring. Most of you think APC or you have been deceived and brainwashed to think there is one anti corruption fight going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. Hausa Fulani are the biggest winner in this disagreement among the southern regions. The more the Yorubas are hobnobbing with the Abokiiss, the more retrogressive they become. Iron sharpeneth Iron.

Heck, we don't even control our own ports in the SW. They are all manned by Hausa Fulani. They control the port and even custom in our own domain and you're not ashamed. Gullible Yorubas, wake up, think and let us support this move for restructuring while the heat is on.

This is a distress call to Yoruba Christians, liberals, atheists and traditionalist. Stop hiding your cowardice in the name of sophistication.

If you want your unborn children to inherit this mess of APC PDP and the retrogression that this quota system one Nigeria and unitary system represents, then you can be my guest.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by mideactive: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Good development though,but asides ooni n Afe babalola,the rest are same old guys that lost d 2015 election. There must be a synergy among yoruba leaders irrespective of their political affiliation.achieving a fair deal for the Yoruba race should be the focus. the truth is,if PDP gets into power in 2019 d song will change.we can't continue like dis,d Yoruba interest should come first b4any individual's interest.I strongly doudt dis gathering, its looks more like a PDP thing.expecting something a bit more robust..
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Markfemi2: 3:50am On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:
First of all, thanks to Afenifere for this initiative - bringing Yoruba stakeholders together with a view to coming up with a unified Yoruba position on restructuring. Every Yoruba Christians, liberals, traditionalists and atheists still supporting this contraption called Nigeria and opposing every move to restructure should have a rethink. See, Yoruba nation is going down the drain day by day and no one seems to care. Educationally, we have lost it! Check the recent WAEC performance stats released recently. Chai, I remember my days. Stop deluding yourself about Yoruba leading the pack. Those days are gone.

Yoruba youths have become very lazy. This is why they asslick and kowtow to politicians for crumbs. Morally, nko? Yoruba youths don't want to thread the noble path of working hard to achieve success. Stop all this APC PDP bullshits! Think Yoruba first. Think about your unborn children. Yoruba have lost it! Apart from the normal diss we have with the Igbos here, we should not oppose Biafra and restructuring. Most of you think APC or you have been deceived and brainwashed to think there is one anti corruption fight going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. Hausa Fulani are the biggest winner in this disagreement among the southern regions. The more the Yorubas are hobnobbing with the Abokiiss, the more retrogressive they become. Iron sharpeneth Iron.

Heck, we don't even control our own ports in the SW. They are all manned by Hausa Fulani. They control the port and even custom in our own domain and you're not ashamed. Gullible Yorubas, wake up, think and let us support this move for restructuring while the heat is on.

This is a distress call to Yoruba Christians, liberals, atheists and traditionalist. Stop hiding your cowardice in the name of sophistication.

If you want your unborn children to inherit this mess of APC PDP and the retrogression that this quota system one Nigeria and unitary system represents, then you can be my guest.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

biafran
why not focus on your issue such as south east dev commu

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Markfemi2: 3:53am On Sep 08, 2017
mideactive:
Good development though,but asides ooni n Afe babalola,the rest are same old guys that lost d 2015 election. There must be a synergy among yoruba leaders irrespective of their political affiliation.achieving a fair deal for the Yoruba race should be the focus. the truth is,if PDP gets into power in 2019 d song will change.we can't continue like dis,d Yoruba interest should come first b4any individual's interest.I strongly doudt dis gathering, its looks more like a PDP thing.expecting something a bit more robust..

nope that is impossible and stop throwing stones at courageous people

obj will never support yoruba land liberation
tinubu and akande wont be there cause of apc alliance
ooni of ife is enough

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:06am On Sep 08, 2017
Very good, restructuring all the way.
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:00am On Sep 08, 2017
Fayose must hv a private jet ; always everywhere
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Atiku2019: 5:07am On Sep 08, 2017
rose54321:
Hmmm...
Our governor, the excellent politician but terrible leader
Well sha he's still better than those that fail at both. Apologies to my Imo folks.

Have you been to Imo?
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by blackfase(m): 8:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Markfemi2:

biafran

Hes confirmed Oodua descendant...

ColonelDrake:

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Markfemi2: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2017
blackfase:

nope follow his topics

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 08, 2017
blackfase:

you fall my hand. why you reply that mor0n?
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by djevino(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

this is one of the thing that got me angry at times...
the hausas are the one heading top offices in be port... they will now use a Yoruba or Igbo as his servant despite been better than the Hausa man...

if I narrate my experience here at Lagos port... u will weep for this country
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2017
djevino:

this is one of the thing that got me angry at times...
the hausas are the one heading top offices in be port... they will now use a Yoruba or Igbo as his servant despite been better than the Hausa man...

if I narrate my experience here at Lagos port... u will weep for this country

Yorubas don't care now. They are satisfied with the crumbs given to them by their abokiii slave master. I don't know a reasonable yoruba son will not be ashamed with this.
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by djevino(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Yorubas don't care now. They are satisfied with the crumbs given to them by their abokiii slave master. I don't know a reasonable yoruba son will not be ashamed with this.

Yoruba pple just tire me.... with all their education dey still allow d north to lead them and also take control of major office in deir state... from seaport airport and even custom
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by mideactive: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
Markfemi2:

nope that is impossible and stop throwing stones at courageous people

obj will never support yoruba land liberation
tinubu and akande wont be there cause of apc alliance
ooni of ife is enough

Don't be deceived,d whole agitation is all about getting back to aso rock.look @ all the people in attendance and tell me anything meaning they av done for there people.I still chose Tinubu ahead of 'em all any day any time.but for Obj,I'll pass..
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by AbuEzeFemi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
ọkan Yorùbá orílẹ-èdè
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Markfemi2: 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
mideactive:

Don't be deceived,d whole agitation is all about getting back to aso rock.look @ all the people in attendance and tell me anything meaning they av done for there people.I still chose Tinubu ahead of 'em all any day any time.but for Obj,I'll pass..

The same tinubu that has kept quiet as if debt forced socks down his throat

I support any form of Yoruba liberation
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by mideactive: 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2017
Markfemi2:

The same tinubu that has kept quiet as if debt forced socks down his throat

I support any form of Yoruba liberation

Be wary of d kind of group u support,dis guys are only trying to work their way back2aso rock. Mind u,it will be political suicide if Tinubu does not apply wisdom @ dis point bro..
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by julietm123: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
I thought this guy(coloneldrake) is yoruba. I need to verify Sha.
Markfemi2:

biafran
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by Markfemi2: 3:54am On Sep 09, 2017
mideactive:

Be wary of d kind of group u support,dis guys are only trying to work their way back2aso rock. Mind u,it will be political suicide if Tinubu does not apply wisdom @ dis point bro..

Why enter such alliance in the first place lol
Are you not meant to think of consequences
Re: Gov. Fayose, Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi, Others Present At The Yoruba Standpoint by mideactive: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
Markfemi2:

Why enter such alliance in the first place lol
Are you not meant to think of consequences

U can not always predict every political move,n u can not always win.@a time like dis for Tinubu,it's a smart move to mellow down.there is always another day..

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Senator Girei / A History Of (PMS) Petrol Pricing In Nigeria (price Per Liter) / See Swag Of Chief Tom Ikimi As Atiku,saraki And Co Ahead Of The Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.