Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London (11382 Views)

Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Magu To Sue The Sun Newspaper, Denies Owning House In Maitama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by stephanie11: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
Senator Stella Oduah has denied an allegation that she bought a 1.2 million dollars house in England while she was Minister of Aviation. Oduah, a serving House of Representatives member, came under serious scrutiny after a report surfaced, alleging that she used public funds to purchase the house.

Speaking to NAN on Thursday, Oduah said;

"Of course, the allegation is not true, it cannot be true. It is unfortunate that we have a country where journalists will copy a story without verifying the authenticity of that story.When you read my statement on it later, then it will be for you to make up your mind. But, categorically it is untrue and it is unfair,".

The lawmaker recalled that the same online medium had reported that she purchased two BMW cars when she was a minister. She further stated that the vehicles belonged to the Federal Government, which she never bought for herself or took away when she left the minister.

According to her, "that was the same way they carried a story about bullet proof cars; bullet proof cars were never bought by me, not even by the agency they alleged.

In fact, bullet proof cars were never a transaction that was not approved.They were two vehicles that were on higher purchase by the agency and the ministry directed that because of the need as proposed by the agency, they should go ahead and do the higher purchase.

Suddenly, for the online medium, higher purchase turned into procurement; I don’t know if there is a similarity between higher purchase and procurement.So, I now realise and symphatise with anybody that works or tries to work for government, because you will have the likes of Sahara Reporters thrive on making your life difficult.

I rise above that at all times because I know that what they say is never the truth, particularly on my case, it is not true.It cannot be true; why will I purchase vehicles on higher purchase and then it is on the ministry’s and agency’s name, why?

That same vehicle, I never drove it for one day and when I was leaving the ministry, I didn’t take it along with me? The question should be `where are those bullet proof cars today?"

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/07/stella-oduah-denies-allegation-owning-1-2-million-london-house/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by paiz: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Since she is denying it, i think they should just give me the house. I swear before the end of this month i will get married

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Tolexander: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
According to her, "that was the same way they carried a story about bullet proof cars; bullet proof cars were never bought by me, not even by the agency they alleged.

In fact, bullet proof cars were never a transaction that was not approved.They were two vehicles that were on higher purchase by the agency and the ministry directed that because of the need as proposed by the agency, they should go ahead and do the higher purchase.

Suddenly, for the online medium, higher purchase turned into procurement; I don’t know if there is a similarity between higher purchase and procurement.So, I now realise and symphatise with anybody that works or tries to work for government, because you will have the likes of Sahara Reporters thrive on making your life difficult
seriously unserious woman!

You could have taken the BMW cars you bought jumping protocol, with you after being sacked by Goodluck Jonathan.

Imagine how she was stylishly exonerating herself from the scandal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Tolexander: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
She hasn't proven the falsehood in the news!

I was expecting something better than the media source had once published a news about her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by UnknownT: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Which one come be Higher purchase again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Tolexander: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
UnknownT:
Which one come be Higher purchase again?
me self no know o, if the cars were bought for commercial purpose!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by okway: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
What was she gonna do before? grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by IgedeBushBoy(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
Na me get am oo

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Throwback: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
I trust Stella Oduah to always deny initially, then edit her lies over and over again till even the accusers began to have some compassion at her predicament. She is the Nigerian version of a bimbo with no brains, who managed to catch the attention of the right people with her since eroded beauty.

I remember she also denied the armoured BMW purchase scandal then through her media aide, Joe Obi.

But when the heat became much, she claimed it was to be used by her because she had stepped many toes while reforming the aviation industry and required more security.

Then when the heat became unbearable she decided to improve on her lie, claiming that the vehicle was bought to be included in the pool of cars of NCAA to be used to convey foreign dignitaries who visit.

But how do you explain the need of the aviation ministry to receive foreign dignitaries in the aviation sector with armoured cars, when they did not step on any toes, and as such do not require the level of security reserved for presidents?

How do you explain the need to have bullet proof cars in the pool of NCAA when NCAA already had enough cars, and were coerced to go apply for a loan to purchase the said BMW cars, when the ministry of aviation she headed could have covered such purchase in their own budget?

How do you explain the fact that the house of representatives committee on aviation who investigated the scandal, never located any of the BMW cars, as the one presented to them had a different chassis number from the one that was delivered by Coscharis? Why were they not found in the pool of cars used by NCAA as was claimed in the final version of events as released by her media aide, Joe Obi?

Why did Coscharis Motors falsify records to indicate that the cars were being purchased by Lagos State government for the national sports festival that was to be held in Lagos, thereby utilizing import waivers that were not merited by such a luxury item?

How do you explain the fact that all notable firms contacted by Sahara reporters for such an armoured BMW of same model, gave quotations that were less than half of the amount expended on the BMW purchase?

I also remember she lied about a Masters degree she never had and was outed by the institution when Sahara Reporters contacted the school. She quickly edited her academic profile on the Aviation Ministry website to erase the previous bogus claims a la Dino Melaye, the guy who visited Harvard, but claimed "graduated".

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Evablizin(f): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hahahaha

This is what happens when EFCC is at your back

Madam don turn to Denilah

6 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Teewhy2: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
She talks more on the vehicle than the house, we need more than that explanation. The government should liaise with the UK government they will know the owner and if after that it is still been denied then sell it.
The house belongs to me if nobody owns it.

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by holatin(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
truly what a man can do a woman can do better, a lot of people especially woneny made it big during gej regime.

First diezani now Stella waiting for the third women.

Fear women !

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Firefire(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
Oya APC, throw in the evidence(s)

11 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by sonnie10: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
If you still believe APC, then you need more than deliverance .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Firefire(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
Tolexander:
She hasn't proven the falsehood in the news!

I was expecting something better than the media source had once published a news about her.

BMC Agent.

The onus is with the accuser (APC) for the burden of proof.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
She'll soon forfeit it like Saraki
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by NaijaMutant(f): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
ok
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by OBAGADAFFI: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Intresting
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by free2ryhme: 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
stephanie11:
Senator Stella Oduah has denied an allegation that she bought a 1.2 million dollars house in England while she was Minister of Aviation. Oduah, a serving House of Representatives member, came under serious scrutiny after a report surfaced, alleging that she used public funds to purchase the house.

Speaking to NAN on Thursday, Oduah said;

"Of course, the allegation is not true, it cannot be true. It is unfortunate that we have a country where journalists will copy a story without verifying the authenticity of that story.When you read my statement on it later, then it will be for you to make up your mind. But, categorically it is untrue and it is unfair,".

The lawmaker recalled that the same online medium had reported that she purchased two BMW cars when she was a minister. She further stated that the vehicles belonged to the Federal Government, which she never bought for herself or took away when she left the minister.

Suddenly, for the online medium, higher purchase turned into procurement; I don’t know if there is a similarity between higher purchase and procurement.So, I now realise and symphatise with anybody that works or tries to work for government, because you will have the likes of Sahara Reporters thrive on making your life difficult.

I rise above that at all times because I know that what they say is never the truth, particularly on my case, it is not true.It cannot be true; why will I purchase vehicles on higher purchase and then it is on the ministry’s and agency’s name, why?

That same vehicle, I never drove it for one day and when I was leaving the ministry, I didn’t take it along with me? The question should be `where are those bullet proof cars today?"

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/07/stella-oduah-denies-allegation-owning-1-2-million-london-house/

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
they all forgot that this same woman can afford bullet proof cars even when she wasn't into politics.
This lady is a CEO of SPG for fvck sake!
She has oil blocks around the world before joining politics.
so what is the big deal if she got a house of 1.5million ?
Even with the names, curses on her. She's still regarded as the Best "Aviation minister in Nigeria".

#YOLO

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by apesinola001: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
I don't have problem with that
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by apesinola001: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
Nothing concern me
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by apesinola001: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
Next NeWS
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by apesinola001: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
Free the woman Jo
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by apesinola001: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2017
How much in naira
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Abfinest007(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
no their will ever agree that he/she is a theif
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by IAmSkinny: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
Looters have no option than deny and cry wolf as if na we send them go thief. Just imagine o... Take a look
http://www.fototech.com.ng/buy-super-cheap-nikon-and-canon-dsrl-cameras-here/
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by rose54321: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
This is what i expected not the tweet i saw today from the Nigerian Senate handle denying the allegations.
When is it the job of a public account to defend an accused?
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Tolexander: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
Firefire:

BMC Agent.

The onus is with the accuser (APC) for the burden of proof.
no need for further proof.

She has the responsibility to debunk the allegation.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by idu1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
I don't know why I like this theif.

She is beautiful.....
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by josielewa(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
E
you guys should stop this nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calling On The Ika-Igbo Nation(Anioma) To Embrace 30th Of May Sit-at-home / Over N600bn Allocated To Education In 2018—osinbajo / Ijaw Youth Council Condemns Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.