Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London (11394 Views)

Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / FFK And Stella Oduah Are Looking For This Boy With A Sonorous Voice / Magu To Sue The Sun Newspaper, Denies Owning House In Maitama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by seangy4konji: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
no..she for say na she get ham...dat harlot thieving looter...

person weh dem catch meat for hin mouth go still deny am...for say dem don put am for one prison deh cool off for misuse of public funds and embezzlement inc lootinf of public funds and abuse of office she go get mouth deh talk

Stealer Oduah.
PHD
RoosterDrinker of our polithiefians...
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Icon79(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Were those really a direct quote from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)? If true then Nigeria is in worse shis than I thought .... lots of typos in one paragraph quotes. Don't they have editors and proofreaders anymore?

O pari o

stephanie11:
Senator Stella Oduah has denied an allegation that she bought a 1.2 million dollars house in England while she was Minister of Aviation. Oduah, a serving House of Representatives member, came under serious scrutiny after a report surfaced, alleging that she used public funds to purchase the house.

Speaking to NAN on Thursday, Oduah said;

"Of course, the allegation is not true, it cannot be true. It is unfortunate that we have a country where journalists will copy a story without verifying the authenticity of that story.When you read my statement on it later, then it will be for you to make up your mind. But, categorically it is untrue and it is unfair,".

The lawmaker recalled that the same online medium had reported that she purchased two BMW cars when she was a minister. She further stated that the vehicles belonged to the Federal Government, which she never bought for herself or took away when she left the minister.

According to her, "that was the same way they carried a story about bullet proof cars; bullet proof cars were never bought by me, not even by the agency they alleged.

In fact, bullet proof cars were never a transaction that was not approved.They were two vehicles that were on higher purchase by the agency and the ministry directed that because of the need as proposed by the agency, they should go ahead and do the higher purchase.

Suddenly, for the online medium, higher purchase turned into procurement; I don’t know if there is a similarity between higher purchase and procurement.So, I now realise and symphatise with anybody that works or tries to work for government, because you will have the likes of Sahara Reporters thrive on making your life difficult.

I rise above that at all times because I know that what they say is never the truth, particularly on my case, it is not true.It cannot be true; why will I purchase vehicles on higher purchase and then it is on the ministry’s and agency’s name, why?

That same vehicle, I never drove it for one day and when I was leaving the ministry, I didn’t take it along with me? The question should be `where are those bullet proof cars today?"

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/07/stella-oduah-denies-allegation-owning-1-2-million-london-house/
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by uvie66: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
Madam Senator, you have not said anything to disprove the story, rather you deviate into irrelevant facts that is totally unrelated.
Simple question, are you the owner of the Company that purchased the house which is titled in House registry in London, yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by abike12(f): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
na she sabi. meanwhile, bleaching allowance...
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
Icon79:
Were those really a direct quote from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)? If true then Nigeria is in worse shis than I thought .... lots of typos in one paragraph quotes. Don't they have editors and proofreaders anymore?

O pari o

Like that wasn't enough, they said she's a member of the "house of representatives".
And they want us to believe this false story?
Anything from Sahara source is totally false, and invalid.

#YOLO
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by ofuonyebi: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
That's how they use to deny every stealing and looting of the nations' commonwealth..

ask obanikoro ,, ask dasuki, ask fayose, ask ffk, ask deziani, ask the thieve judges etc... ..denials and denials

hiding under one finger....the blood of those who died due to your mindless greed is crying to God for vengeance

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by IgedeBushBoy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
sonnie10:
If you still believe APC, then you need more than deliverance .
If you are this hopeless, you beyond deliverance
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
apesinola001:
How much in naira

Google is a click away and absolutely free to use smiley

Check my signature for a Bulk SMS Reseller Website that print Vouchers
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by faithynuvo(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
stephanie11:
Senator Stella Oduah has denied an allegation that she bought a 1.2 million dollars house in England while she was Minister of Aviation. Oduah, a serving House of Representatives member, came under serious scrutiny after a report surfaced, alleging that she used public funds to purchase the house.

Speaking to NAN on Thursday, Oduah said;

"Of course, the allegation is not true, it cannot be true. It is unfortunate that we have a country where journalists will copy a story without verifying the authenticity of that story.When you read my statement on it later, then it will be for you to make up your mind. But, categorically it is untrue and it is unfair,".

The lawmaker recalled that the same online medium had reported that she purchased two BMW cars when she was a minister. She further stated that the vehicles belonged to the Federal Government, which she never bought for herself or took away when she left the minister.

According to her, "that was the same way they carried a story about bullet proof cars; bullet proof cars were never bought by me, not even by the agency they alleged.

In fact, bullet proof cars were never a transaction that was not approved.They were two vehicles that were on higher purchase by the agency and the ministry directed that because of the need as proposed by the agency, they should go ahead and do the higher purchase.

Suddenly, for the online medium, higher purchase turned into procurement; I don’t know if there is a similarity between higher purchase and procurement.So, I now realise and symphatise with anybody that works or tries to work for government, because you will have the likes of Sahara Reporters thrive on making your life difficult.

I rise above that at all times because I know that what they say is never the truth, particularly on my case, it is not true.It cannot be true; why will I purchase vehicles on higher purchase and then it is on the ministry’s and agency’s name, why?

That same vehicle, I never drove it for one day and when I was leaving the ministry, I didn’t take it along with me? The question should be `where are those bullet proof cars today?"

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/07/stella-oduah-denies-allegation-owning-1-2-million-london-house/

this woman and stealing are like 5/6

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by ikevictor: 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Throwback:
I trust Stella Oduah to always deny initially, then edit her lies over and over again till even the accusers began to have some compassion at her predicament. She is the Nigerian version of a bimbo with no brains, who managed to catch the attention of the right people with her since eroded beauty.

I remember she also denied the armoured BMW purchase scandal then through her media aide, Joel Obi.

But when the heat became much, she claimed it was to be used by her because she had stepped many toes while reforming the aviation industry and required more security.

Then when the heat became unbearable she decided to improve on her lie, claiming that the vehicle was bought to be included in the pool of cars of NCAA to be used to convey foreign dignitaries who visit.

But how do you explain the need of the aviation ministry to receive foreign dignitaries in the aviation sector with armoured cars, when they did not step on any toes, and as such do not require the level of security reserved for presidents?

How do you explain the need to have bullet proof cars in the pool of NCAA when NCAA already had enough cars, and were coerced to go apply for a loan to purchase the said BMW cars, when the ministry of aviation she headed could have covered such purchase in their own budget?

How do you explain the fact that the house of representatives committee on aviation who investigated the scandal, never located any of the BMW cars, as the one presented to them had a different chassis number from the one that was delivered by Coscharis? Why were they not found in the pool of cars used by NCAA as was claimed in the final version of events as released by her media aide, Joel Obi?

Why did Coscharis Motors falsify records to indicate that the cars were being purchased by Lagos State government for the national sports festival that was to be held in Lagos, thereby utilizing import waivers that were not merited by such a luxury item?

How do you explain the fact that all notable firms contacted by Sahara reporters for such an armoured BMW of same model, gave quotations that were less than half of the amount expended on the BMW purchase?

I also remember she lied about a Masters degree she never had and was outed by the institution when Sahara Reporters contacted the school. She quickly edited her academic profile on the Aviation Ministry website to erase the previous bogus claims a la Dino Melaye, the guy who visited Harvard, but claimed "graduated".

You are such a good writer...and an apparent honest one.

But just because you sound like a politician or content editor from the political space. I choose not to believe you... angry

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
josielewa:
you guys should stop this nonsense
grin
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2017
This bleached Anambra Sugar Mummy, pls keep shut, d same way Saraki denied ownership of d imported bulletproof SUV....in 2019, you'll know how far angry
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by maasoap(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
sonnie10:
If you still believe APC, then you need more than deliverance .
We should rather believe you or the thieves?
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Throwback: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
ikevictor:

You are such a good writer...and an apparent honest one.

But just because you sound like a politician or content editor from the political space. I choose not to believe you... angry

The House of Representatives Committee on Aviation has concluded that Mrs. Stella Oduah, the Minister, is a serial liar.

In a report on its investigation obtained by SaharaReporters, the committee dismissed every single claim the Minister made during her testimony to the committee earlier in the week concerning the purchase of two bulletproof cars for her by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

It stressed there was no appropriation for the purchase of the two armoured cars, and stressed that the NCAA proposal for the purchase of the two MBW armoured cars was rejected.

“There was no provision for armoured vehicle in Nigerian law for a minister in any event, any procurement for an armoured vehicle must be provided for in the appropriation act and backed by relevant approval,” the report said.

The committee also noted that the Minister and the Director-General of the NCAA claimed that both vehicles were purchased under a lease agreement with First Bank plc.

“The assertion is not true because First Bank plc clearly stated that they were procured under auto loan, this is clearly shown by the loan agreement between NCAA and First Bank.”

Furthermore, it said, “The document submitted shows that BMW chassis No. DW68044 and DW68032 while on ground committee inspect BMW vehicle chassis No. DW68044 and W68011 , the identity of W68011 is still unknown to the committee because the vehicle chassis number did not tally with the documents submitted.”

Turning to other testimonies, the committed recalled that the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, clearly stated in her presentation that her Ministry did not approve any waiver for the two vehicles.

“Coscharis Motors Limited claimed that the Federal Ministry of Finance granted it import duty VAT, ETLS, CISS, and port charges waiver to import two number bullet proof BMW armored cars, this claim is false. The Hon. Minister of Finance in the testimony before the committee stated that the Federal Ministry of Finance only granted waivers to Lagos State Government through Coscharis Motors Limited in 2012 for the importation of 300 units vehicles for use during the 2012 Eko Games and that the waiver did not include the importation of two BMW armored cars.”

Similarly, both Mrs. Oduah and the DG of NCAA claimed in their presentation that the procurement of the operations vehicles complied with the relevant laws of public procurement, fiscal responsibility and due process. This claim was countered by the Bureau of Public Procurement assertion that it was not part of the transaction between NCAA, First Bank and Coscharis Motors Limited to procure the operational vehicles. Furthermore, no evidence at complying with due process was shown however.”

The committee further recalled that Mrs. Oduah also testified that the lease financing arrangement would see NCAA pay N100m by the end of 2013 fiscal year while the balance of N16m will be paid in the following year. The amount, according to the Minister, fell below what is required for Federal Executive Council (FEC) approval.

“However, documents from NCAA indicate that on April 25th 2013, the Hon. Minister approved the sum of N564, 665,000,00m. There is no evidence to show that the Hon. Minister presented NCAA’s request to Federal Executive Council for its approval.”

The committed observed that neither the Minister of Aviation and NCAA submitted copies of necessary documents to validate the claim that the transactions followed due process whatsoever.

http://saharareporters.com/2013/11/07/house-reps-aviation-committee-dismisses-all-claims-stella-oduah
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by sonnie10: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
If you are this hopeless, you beyond deliverance

Bunch of liars!
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by AnanseK(m): 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Honourable1901(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
issokay
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by ZeeBaba17(m): 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Bitchiamjay:
they all forgot that this same woman can afford bullet proof cars even when she wasn't into politics.
This lady is a CEO of SPG for fvck sake!
She has oil blocks around the world before joining politics.
so what is the big deal if she got a house of 1.5million ?
Even with the names, curses on her. She's still regarded as the Best "Aviation minister in Nigeria".

#YOLO
Then tell her to accept ownership of the house, or what's the need to deny if she can afford it many times over as you claim
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by ZeeBaba17(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
have anyone ever agreed ownership of any house or property under investigation
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 08, 2017
Tolexander:
seriously unserious woman!

You could have taken the BMW cars you bought jumping protocol, with you after being sacked by Goodluck Jonathan.

Imagine how she was stylishly exonerating herself from the scandal.

gej has said(more than once) that Stella oduah is still angry wit him for sacking her knowing fully well that she didn't do anything.

It was a party decision to remove her to stop her reforms. Also Yoruba were against her because of the international airport she built in the SE.
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Stylz69(m): 4:06am On Sep 08, 2017
Which one is higher purchase? Is that when you procure an item at a much higher price?
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Then who's lying?
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Kingspin(m): 5:54am On Sep 08, 2017
Throwback:
I trust Stella Oduah to always deny initially, then edit her lies over and over again till even the accusers began to have some compassion at her predicament. She is the Nigerian version of a bimbo with no brains, who managed to catch the attention of the right people with her since eroded beauty.

I remember she also denied the armoured BMW purchase scandal then through her media aide, Joe Obi.

But when the heat became much, she claimed it was to be used by her because she had stepped many toes while reforming the aviation industry and required more security.

Then when the heat became unbearable she decided to improve on her lie, claiming that the vehicle was bought to be included in the pool of cars of NCAA to be used to convey foreign dignitaries who visit.

But how do you explain the need of the aviation ministry to receive foreign dignitaries in the aviation sector with armoured cars, when they did not step on any toes, and as such do not require the level of security reserved for presidents?

How do you explain the need to have bullet proof cars in the pool of NCAA when NCAA already had enough cars, and were coerced to go apply for a loan to purchase the said BMW cars, when the ministry of aviation she headed could have covered such purchase in their own budget?

How do you explain the fact that the house of representatives committee on aviation who investigated the scandal, never located any of the BMW cars, as the one presented to them had a different chassis number from the one that was delivered by Coscharis? Why were they not found in the pool of cars used by NCAA as was claimed in the final version of events as released by her media aide, Joe Obi?

Why did Coscharis Motors falsify records to indicate that the cars were being purchased by Lagos State government for the national sports festival that was to be held in Lagos, thereby utilizing import waivers that were not merited by such a luxury item?

How do you explain the fact that all notable firms contacted by Sahara reporters for such an armoured BMW of same model, gave quotations that were less than half of the amount expended on the BMW purchase?

I also remember she lied about a Masters degree she never had and was outed by the institution when Sahara Reporters contacted the school. She quickly edited her academic profile on the Aviation Ministry website to erase the previous bogus claims a la Dino Melaye, the guy who visited Harvard, but claimed "graduated".
The same report same believe...
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by desmond2pk: 7:22am On Sep 08, 2017
We all know how tinubu owned Lagos but nobody is talking about it. But those who don't have a dime are being harassed by the media.
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by perfectgen(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2017
I know nothing enough to decide if she actually owns the London house or not but in her rebuttal, she tried so hard to make us believe the bullet proof car issue was just an insinuation; I disagree with this, as a panel was opened to look into the car's purchase and it was indicated she didn't go through the normal procurement route, hence trying to change the story today, gives me the chills and take her denial with a pinch of salt.
However, she is entitled to deny the allegations but the onus is on the accusers to prove her right or wrong.
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by pally123: 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
UnknownT:
Which one come be Higher purchase again?
Omo, I weak o! Former minister no know difference between "higher" and "hire" purchase
Re: Stella Oduah Denies Owning A House Of $1.2 Million In London by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
PrecisionFx:

gej has said(more than once) that Stella oduah is still angry wit him for sacking her knowing fully well that she didn't do anything.

It was a party decision to remove her to stop her reforms. Also Yoruba were against her because of the international airport she built in the SE.

GBAM!

#YOLO

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria Air To Take Flight By December / Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 / Why Are Zamfara State Legislative Officers Being Detained by DSS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.