Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately (504 Views)

Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / Massachusetts Mother Quits Job After Claiming $758-million Powerball Jackpot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately by Michael004: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
A Massachusetts woman who was the sole winner of a $758.7 million Powerball jackpot, the second-largest lottery prize in United States history, said Thursday she told her employer she would not be returning to work.
The winning ticket in Wednesday night's drawing was sold to 53-year-old Mavis Wanczyk at a convenience store in Chicopee, a town 150 kilometers (93 miles) west of Boston, the Massachusetts State Lottery said.
"I had a pipe dream and my pipe dream finally came true," the mother of two said during a news conference, adding that she had phoned the medical center where she had been working for 32 years to inform them she would not be coming back.
"I just want to sit back and relax ... I wanted to retire and it came early," Wanczyk said.
She will receive the full $758.7-million if she chooses to receive her prize in 29 yearly payments; if she chooses to receive it in a lump sum (the choice of most lottery winners), the amount will be $443.3 million minus federal and state taxes.
The winning numbers were 6, 7, 16, 23, 26 and 4 (the final "Powerball" number).
Wanczyk said some of the numbers were birth dates of family members while others were chosen randomly.
Asked if she planned to treat herself to an expensive gift like a new car, she said she had just purchased one less than a year ago and now planned to pay it off.
Wednesday's Powerball jackpot was the biggest since January 2016, when three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee split a world-record $1.6 billion prize.
Powerball is offered by 44 US states, the District of Columbia (Washington DC), Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

1 Like

Re: Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
Wanczyk.

Hmmm

My mom's maiden name...
Re: Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately by paiz: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
WOW
Re: Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately by GloriaNinja(f): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
SHE IS LUCKY
Re: Woman Wins $758.7 Million US Lottery Jackpot, Quits Job Immediately by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
this is the biggest payout to ONE lottery winner ever, yet she made the cardinal mistake of going public the very next day... now she needed police presence at her residence as all the freeloaders and wailers were going to her house to beg for money.

(1) (Reply)

How To Study In Europe For Free / . / What Type Of Leader Is Konga's Founder, Sim Shagaya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.