Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (57098 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by BiafraAmaka(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
seunAccount:
And he would surely have lot of members.

Even if they know he commited something bad. We're the ones spoiling the country.

What is this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Guilderland1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
I don't know why, I have been in different churches in search of true house of God but all I found is business enterprises formed by gods of men with the aid of the holy in order to make many gullible guilty and poor,

But the truth is that is only catholic church that atleast do not carry miracle as their mode of operandi. grin
Please quote me wisely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
OK
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by madgoat(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
sacluxisback:
Catholics are just too judgemental for my liking sometimes.

As if Jesus wasn't enough for our sins,they included purgatory.

The ostracization spells secret cult like fellowship.

Not cool

Shut up

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
sacluxisback:

Please dont be aggressive.

my dear, I just re-checked the meaning of every word I typed but didn't notice any aggressive word

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Chookmasteriyke: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hustle king ;DHustle king
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by BluntBoy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
kingtobi95:

The Nigerian priest, who resigned recently from the Catholic Church in Nigeria, has officially launched his own church in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Patrick Edet, while serving in the Catholic Diocese of Uyo, ran a ‘Pentecostal-styled’ fellowship called Grace Family Outreach within the Catholic structure.

Mr. Edet, who had been a Catholic priest for more than 11 years, stunned the Catholic community in Akwa Ibom when he announced on a live radio programme on August 2 that he was leaving the Catholic Church to live his life as an independent cleric.

The Catholic Church later responded by stripping him of the rights and privileges enjoyed by priests and also barred Catholics from relating with him.

There has been a measure of excitement in Uyo over the recent launch of Mr. Edet’s ministry since his exit from the Catholic fold.

Some Catholic members, PREMIUM TIMES found out, have been attending the programme, even though the Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ayah, had earlier warned that any Catholic member who attends his programme or identifies with him (Mr Edet) in any way “does so at the risk of his or her Catholic faith and membership.”

Mr. Edet on September 1 launched a “mega revival” programme in Uyo, using his outreach.

The eight-day programme, which he tagged “The Great Awakening”, is currently holding in a city hall and has been attracting large crowds daily.

He has also erected billboards at strategic locations within the city to announce the programme which is his first major public outing since he quit the Catholic Church in August.

A member of the outreach, who gave his name simply as Chukwuemeka, told PREMIUM TIMES on telephone that Mr. Edet would be holding subsequent meetings in the city hall.
He didn’t, however, say how often the meetings would take place.

On Saturday, during the second day of the church programme, several people defied the heavy rainfall to attend his programme.

About six police officers were deployed to guard the congregation during the programme.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/nigerian-priest-resigned-catholic-church-launches-ministry/

He used and dumped the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by okerekeikpo: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
We knw that was his plan, greedy man

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by talk2percy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ride on, no mind them.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by qreem231(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:
he found out the Truth that Catholic church is a demonic church who worship marry instead of the son of God.

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin marry undecided

why will a sane man be praying to marry and be worshiping a carved status of marry?
it shows that the church is practicing idolatry.
ehmm bros, it's Mary not marry, thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
smartty68:
Lol! So na wetin be dey hungry am since to get him own church cheesy

Baba nla... The hustle is real
CAN HIS CHURCH BE BIGGER THAN MBAKA'S OWNED ADORATION MINISTRY IN ENUGU, IF HE WANTED THAT, WHAT WOULD HAVE STOP HIM FROM OPENING A MINISTRY JUST LIKE FATHER MBAKA'S AND FATHER EBUBE MUOSO IN ANAMBRA, THE TRUTH IS IF U HAVE HEARD HIM PREACHING ON RADIO, YOU WOULD KNOW HE IS TOO PENTECOSTAL TO BE A CATHOLIC PRIEST.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by loomer: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Na so e must be na.

More money to ya pocket
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by JaffyJoe(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Why did he leave in the first place?
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by seangy4konji: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
baba reason say time is going

Baba wan ride range rover,wear gucci...

time waits for nobody.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by konkonbilo(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
I weep for this country. Nigeria second name should be SCAM.Everybody for this country just de scam each other from politicians,citizens, pastors ,imam, police in short I weak for the country angry

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by AceVentura: 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
seunAccount:
And he would surely have lot of members.

Even if they know he commited something bad. We're the ones spoiling the country.

What bad thing did he commit?
Freedom of worship is one of his civil rights.

He decided to do what pleases him.

No need for the Catholic Church to "bar" their members from associating with him.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by BluntBoy(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:
he found out the Truth that Catholic church is a demonic church who worship marry instead of the son of God.

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin marry undecided

why will a sane man be praying to marry and be worshiping a carved status of marry?

He was a priest for over 11 years. Add the years he spent in the seminary and you are telling me he just found out.

Can't you see that this man simply used and dumped the Catholic Church. It is like all these people who join a church just so they could learn how to play an instrument free of charge and vamoose immediately after they have mastered the skills. Use and dump. Ce finis.

5 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by solid3(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
Evablizin:
sad

Too many churches and ministries but yet change is far away from individuals

Will the pastor enter inside the people and change their hearts?
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by goingape1: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
qreem231:
ehmm bros, it's Mary not marry, thank you.
thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by jikjimmy: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
I sure know that he will someday come back to his senses when the scales would have fallen off his eyes.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by vaca1: 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin Mary undecided

why will a sane man be praying to marry and be worshiping a carved status of Mary?
try harder. na today, e don tey
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by goingape1: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:

He was a priest for over 11 years. Add the years he spent in the seminary and you are telling me he just found out.

Can't you see that this man simply used and dumped the Catholic Church. It is like all these people who join a church just so they could learn how to play an instrument free of charge and vamoose immediately after they have mastered the skills. Use and dump. Ce finis.

is all about conviction bro! CONVICTION?

salvation takes time and isn't a day job.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by GuntersChain(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
This isn't a surprise he won't be the first neither will he be the last, there are the likes of emmanuel milingo.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma Gandhi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by goingape1: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
vaca1:
try harder. na today, e don tey
na like play like play trumpet go blow!

you go open your mouth dey shout " I THOU KNOW"

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by jmoore(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
When this man resigned as a catholic priest, he never condemned the roman catholic church. It was the roman catholic church that demonized him after he resigned.

Let the wise folks see clearly.

Other issues like marriage is another factor. Do you really think majority of roman catholic priests are really abstaining from sex? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by INCREDIBLEGUY: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
I think this man finally found the truth,, as Catholic is a church of Satan,, a church were people bow down to graven image tag as Mary,,,, many of this Catholic members has been blindfolded by their so called father Reverend,,, I pray God open their eyes to come out from that sinful world called Catholic
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by talk2emma: 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin Mary undecided

why will a sane man be praying to marry and be worshiping a carved status of Mary?

Just look at the way you are embarrassing your self if there is anything you don't about catholic church why not ask questions than to show your ignorance

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by elderhimself(m): 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
we all saw it coming.... not surprising really
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by BluntBoy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:

is all about conviction bro! CONVICTION?

salvation takes time and isn't a day job.

Nonsense!!! He didn't see salvation until he had built an outreach using his influence as a former Roman Catholic priest. He may not have meant to leave when he joined. I was once in the seminary too and I was so looking forward to the day I would start answering "Father" and wearing a cassock. But to tell me that he just saw the light is bullshit. He must have seen whatever light he saw long ago but still stayed to build a following using the Catholic Church as a platform.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Greenbullet(m): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
I Dont judge people , but I classify them , I can't expect much from the followers of this religion, they are extremely gullible and it annoys common sense.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by jmsmith(m): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
''Turn 50% of the present religious buildings into industries and you will have less crime to handled...'' Punch Line.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Richydos(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:

Like seriously... Lolzzzzz "No one comes through the father except through me"?..
It would have been better if u kept mute N if u got this from your church of worship " pls stop going there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) / Ese Walter Visits COZA In Disguise, Recounts Experience / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.