Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt (31118 Views)

Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Omofunaab2: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

As you can see, my post was targeted at some people. How it affects you a Yoruba Muslim, I don't seem to get

Shut the fook up, oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2017
martyns303:

OK, so even if this water is in the territory of ND, by maritime law, everything in it belongs to the federal government? is this law in accordance with international practice or a Nigerian maritime law?
how can Nigeria territorial water be in the territory of ND is ND a country? Is it not part of Nigeria? Check if only st petersbourg own Russia's offshore oil. So u knw, sudan and south sudan tho seperated, still share oil revenue. Water belongs to Nigeria's Navy and hence Nigeria's FG. But more importantly, this my arrangment will get more support from every part of Nigeria than ur own idea. Consessions are an important part of winning.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by wingmanII: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
how can Nigeria territorial water be in the territory of ND is ND a country? Is it not part of Nigeria? Check if only st petersbourg own Russia's offshore oil. So u knw, sudan and south sudan tho seperated, still share oil revenue. Water belongs to Nigeria's Navy and hence Nigeria's FG. But more importantly, this my arrangment will get more support from every part of Nigeria than ur own idea. Consessions are an important part of winning.

You are so not correct. Where do you think Akwa Ibom gets it's derivation (which is the highest) from.?
The onshore /offshore dichotomy has long been settled.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ODVanguard: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Shut the fook up, oloshi

Omo biafra no werre yen, don't disturb yourself. Hopefully we will soon be able to deport his likes from Yorubaland, so he can go and lick some piss at Umuahia, and worship Shuku-Obuko-Obioma.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2017
wingmanII:

You are so not correct. Where do you think Akwa Ibom gets it's derivation (which is the highest) from.?
The onshore /offshore dichotomy has long been settled.
where EXACTLY am I so not correct. The current Nigeria system is wrong and should not be used as a base for global best practice. But if u guys are not willing to compromise then maybe the current system is what suits u guys most
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by martyns303(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:

I perceive you are getting agitated, please calm down. I am only trying to educate myself, no negative intention intended.

I have not fully understood the point u are making, if there's anyway you can make it more understandable, I'd like that.

OK, Bonny is in Rivers State, offshore oil drilling takes place there, from what you have said, even though this drilling is taking place in Rivers State, the fact that it is not onshore, this puts it under the control of the federal government?

I also asked if this is in accordance with international maritime law, just Yes/No is enough for this.

you mentioned the Navy being in control of Nigerian waters, so is the army in charge of the land and the airforce the air. if that's a justification, why can't we say onshore oil belongs to the federal government by virtue of the army?

again, please don't get pissed, just an honest question.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ikd19: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2017
Restructuring is a very good step to freedom, let every state control their resources & develope their state, no more waiting for FG to come & develope states, no more 5% developement in a region with their resources & 95% in another region with the resources that does not belong to them.
Pls let everybody join hand to acheive this.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Kazim88: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2017
LorDBolton:

Aboki don't have sense? Yet southerners have been unable to outsmart them politically since 1953?

Guy calm down and reason well.

How about Economically

How about Educationally

How about Human Development Index

You think Political Outsmartness is being blood thirsty... and being coupist... with all the Head of State the North have killed to get yet they are still backward, war torn, terrorist region, poor and parasitic... drawing Nigeria backward.

*Shake My Head*...

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by AFONJACOW(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2017
Yorubas are not only treacherous but always at the servitude of the Northerners which is very worrisome... the should know that achieving true freedom is not only by mere talk... they should put it into practice

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2017
martyns303:

I perceive you are getting agitated, please calm down. I am only trying to educate myself, no negative intention intended.

I have not fully understood the point u are making, if there's anyway you can make it more understandable, I'd like that.

OK, Bonny is in Rivers State, offshore oil drilling takes place there, from what you have said, even though this drilling is taking place in Rivers State, the fact that it is not onshore, this puts it under the control of the federal government?

I also asked if this is in accordance with international maritime law, just Yes/No is enough for this.

you mentioned the Navy being in control of Nigerian waters, so is the army in charge of the land and the airforce the air. if that's a justification, why can't we say onshore oil belongs to the federal government by virtue of the army?

again, please don't get pissed, just an honest question.
yes air belongs to the airforce. That is why FG can tell British airways not to fly over our air space. ND cannot for instance counter FG and tell British airways to fly over ND instead. Land however is usually treated differently. Now if NLNG is based in bonny but doing offshore drilling, they should be taxed by ND state govt but the offshore oil belongs to us all. Google North sea oil and check its ownership. U will see dat its owned by the entire scotland.... not the coastal area. (Mind u scotland is a country thats why they come to world cup as different from England). Also check canada's northern oil deposits and its ownership
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Johnnyessence(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2017
It is either Nigeria is been restructured or divided, this nation can never move forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Shut the fook up, oloshi
abeg carry your dirty unkempt beards away. dirty thing. spits on your bald Alfa head

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Kingspin(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
No. It means Nigeria's Sea is no man's water.
Yes. It means any territory within Nigeria is no man's land...
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Omofunaab2: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

abeg carry your dirty unkempt beards away. dirty thing. spits on your bald Alfa head

Ani Oloriburuku ni e se.. . Oloshi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by kelechi17(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
A suggestion on how restructure can be;

1. Recognise the six geopolitical zones as federating units and let INEC conduct elections to elect their governors. Name the SE zone as Biafra state, SW as Odu'a state, SS as Niger Delta state, NC as Middle Belt state, NW as Arewa state, NE as Kanuri state.

2. The current 36 states will become metropolitan areas and the current 36 governors will become Mayors. Scrap entirely the current 774 LGA arrangment. The current LGA chairmen will go to the new six state assemblies as legislators. The councilors will be dissmissed.

3. Return Ilorin and Kabba to Odu'a state. Asaba, and other Igboid part of SS should be conceeded to Biafra (to quell unnessesary agitation). Ijaw part of Ondo should return to Niger Delta state. The fulani part of Kwara and Niger go to Arewa state. Nasarawa should go to Kanuri state. The Christian part of Taraba goes to Middle Belt state.

4. The offshore oil belongs to us, therefore we must share. The 36 Metros should still get what they are currently getting, while the new six states should now get what the LGA where getting before. So a state will get only the amount that would have accrued to the LGA it had before. The oil fields found inland should however be ceded to host communities. The assets of NNPC and NLNG should still belong to FG but must be treated as a private company when minning oil found inland.

5. Some NPF police officers should be transfered to state service as state police. Same should be with some prison wardens as state prison officers. Many of items on exclusive list (such as energy and power generation) should be moved to concurrent list to allow states participate. Only defence, foreign affairs and currency operations should be exclusive. Because of this, the oil revenue share retained by the FG will decrease to give more to the 6 states and 36 metros.

6. Increase the number of senator to 115. The extra 6 should be one first class king from each of the 6 states. Such as the sultan, ooni, obi, oba of benin etc. The new 6 states should have houses of chiefs to be made up of the remaining top monarchs in the zone. Any monarch not included should be considered irrelevant and derobed. The office of the Senate President and his deputy should be discontinued. Let the Vice President double as Senate President while the majority leader acts as his deputy.

7. Some LGA Civil Servants should be absorbed by the new states, the rest should be dissmissed. Federal roads should also become State responsibility, while airports, Seaports and railway should remain with FG. All seaports should have equal status.

By this, agitations will reduce grossly to give government at each level chance to do its job. Also the unaccounted waste by the current 774 LGAs will stop. The FG by this arrangement sheds power, but not enough to make it irrelevant. Also traditional rulers start actually working for the Nation to compensate for the millions they cost us. By this also Biafra would have been given to my Igbo people, Niger Delta would have been given to SS and Odu'a would have been given to SW.
plz share dis on vanguard ...dis is d best post ive read on nairaland ..u solved evry ones problem wit it

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 08, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Ani Oloriburuku ni e se.. . Oloshi
You were probably born and baptized with those choice of words. I can't blame you. curse words is the national anthem in your lineage. Wrong Parenting has taken its toll on you. I won't descend into that with you a gutter child. find your level in the Muslim idp camp where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by omohayek: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
Even so, I'm doubtful he is actually Yoruba, as there are plenty of people in our cities who wee born and raised in Yorubaland, and are therefore able to speak fluent Yoruba like natives. Given how rare it is for Yoruba people to not have relatives and close family friends across religious lines, this guy's religious extremism is hard to explain if he is really who he claims to be.

My suspicion is that he's just another settler who has assimilated our culture well enough to pass as Yoruba online, and he's using that to promote the agenda of a certain group whose name I won't mention.

Omofunaab2:

Well, if you check his previous comments here on nairaland, there are some comments he made that will make you conclude that he is Yoruba.

He was also on the odua constitution thread trying to derail the thread with his Yoruba Muslim nonsense

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2017
Kingspin:
Yes. It means any territory within Nigeria is no man's land...
Nigeria's sea is not ND territory
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2017
kelechi17:
plz share dis on vanguard ...dis is d best post ive read on nairaland ..u solved evry ones problem wit it
Thanks babaa
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by TVTKOKO(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake... You can try as hard as you want but your plan can never work. So you really think I'd hate on my brother because he is a Muslim and i am a Christian Lmao
You know what,, you that call yourself a Christian,, I'll rather have you killed than hate on my muslim brother

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2017
TVTKOKO:
ColonelDrake... You can try as hard as you want but your plan can never work. So you really think I'd hate on my brother because he is a Muslim and i am a Christian Lmao
You know what,, you that call yourself a Christian,, I'll rather have you killed than hate on my muslim brother
Which plan? ,I don't fucccking care about you or your servitude to the caliphate. guy, you're so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Did I tie a rope round your neck and make you read my post? Have I asked to hate or anyone? What you do with your life is of no concern to me and how what i post here affect you, me no understand. Guy, waka pass. no be by force and stop disturbing my mention like a sex starved goat. abeg swerve comot, make I see road. Give me the name.of just one yoruba Muslim who attended the summit? just one not two. truth is bitter! kiss it!

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by LorDBolton(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Kazim88:

How about Economically

How about Educationally

How about Human Development Index

You think Political Outsmartness is being blood thirsty... and being coupist... with all the Head of State the North have killed to get yet they are still backward, war torn, terrorist region, poor and parasitic... drawing Nigeria backward.

*Shake My Head*...

Your ignorance proves they(abokis) are smarter than you!

They keep their eyes on the ball, the moment the NORTHERN ELITE decides to make the north like Dubai it'll transform under a year.

I believe you see how polished they(northern elite kids) are...

Anyway My retort was directed at POLITICS... Hands down politically they're better than us down south...good day
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by PehaKaso: 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
You and I know that my submission is more realistic than yours. But what we are talking about is offshore oil. That is oil found in Nigeria's territorial waters. Not oil found in Niger Delta. Are u saying that ND should also own our territorial waters? Which was given to us due to our landmarks? Thats not being fair! Also that FG Should hand over companies to u is unfair. SHOULD FG HANDOVER KAINJI DAM TO NIGER? Lets be reasonable... thats how we can progress. Check my old posts to knw where my loyalty lies

Read my comment again and you will discover that I was actually hammering on the offshore resources.

My position is this; if the secessionists succeed in their quest for a new country, would other regions also ask for a share of the offshore resources found in the new country? Your answer to this question is what determines your position on restructuring.

Like you earlier asked if the FG should also hand over the Kanji Dam to Niger State. My response to that is in the affirmative. FG should focus on Defence, Immigrations, Currency, National Orientation, etc. There should be total restructuring brother.

If as a citizen, you are desirous of doing business anywhere, the federating region where the business interests is located should take charge of everything.

Thanks for the mention.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by fumiswtpusy(f): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2017
michony505:
Everyone Yoruba knows FUMISWTPUSY is not one of us, she's just here deceiving herself and IPOB!
I have resumed duty and I saw your mention,but I just have one question for you.
Must all yoruba people be pretenders,treacherous and back stabbers.surely because I don't exhibit such traits,you think I am igbo sice they are more bold and outspoken.
My dear,i am yoruba muslim from lagos,and I am proud,except you are trying to tell me that lagos is a no man's land.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
A suggestion on how restructure can be;

1. Recognise the six geopolitical zones as federating units and let INEC conduct elections to elect their governors. Name the SE zone as Biafra state, SW as Odu'a state, SS as Niger Delta state, NC as Middle Belt state, NW as Arewa state, NE as Kanuri state.

2. The current 36 states will become metropolitan areas and the current 36 governors will become Mayors. Scrap entirely the current 774 LGA arrangment. The current LGA chairmen will go to the new six state assemblies as legislators. The councilors will be dissmissed.

3. Return Ilorin and Kabba to Odu'a state. Asaba, and other Igboid part of SS should be conceeded to Biafra (to quell unnessesary agitation). Ijaw part of Ondo should return to Niger Delta state. The fulani part of Kwara and Niger go to Arewa state. Nasarawa should go to Kanuri state. The Christian part of Taraba goes to Middle Belt state.

4. The offshore oil belongs to us, therefore we must share. The 36 Metros should still get what they are currently getting, while the new six states should now get what the LGA where getting before. So a state will get only the amount that would have accrued to the LGA it had before. The oil fields found inland should however be ceded to host communities. The assets of NNPC and NLNG should still belong to FG but must be treated as a private company when minning oil found inland.

5. Some NPF police officers should be transfered to state service as state police. Same should be with some prison wardens as state prison officers. Many of items on exclusive list (such as energy and power generation) should be moved to concurrent list to allow states participate. Only defence, foreign affairs and currency operations should be exclusive. Because of this, the oil revenue share retained by the FG will decrease to give more to the 6 states and 36 metros.

6. Increase the number of senator to 115. The extra 6 should be one first class king from each of the 6 states. Such as the sultan, ooni, obi, oba of benin etc. The new 6 states should have houses of chiefs to be made up of the remaining top monarchs in the zone. Any monarch not included should be considered irrelevant and derobed. The office of the Senate President and his deputy should be discontinued. Let the Vice President double as Senate President while the majority leader acts as his deputy.

7. Some LGA Civil Servants should be absorbed by the new states, the rest should be dissmissed. Federal roads should also become State responsibility, while airports, Seaports and railway should remain with FG. All seaports should have equal status.

By this, agitations will reduce grossly to give government at each level chance to do its job. Also the unaccounted waste by the current 774 LGAs will stop. The FG by this arrangement sheds power, but not enough to make it irrelevant. Also traditional rulers start actually working for the Nation to compensate for the millions they cost us. By this also Biafra would have been given to my Igbo people, Niger Delta would have been given to SS and Odu'a would have been given to SW.

Tres Bien

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Kingspin(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
Nigeria's sea is not ND territory
Oil is not located outside ND..
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Bede2u(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
PehaKaso:

Read my comment again and you will discover that I was actually hammering on the offshore resources.

My position is this; if the secessionists succeed in their quest for a new country, would other regions also ask for a share of the offshore resources found in the new country? Your answer to this question is what determines your position on restructuring.

Like you earlier asked if the FG should also hand over the Kanji Dam to Niger State. My response to that is in the affirmative. FG should focus on Defence, Immigrations, Currency, National Orientation, etc. There should be total restructuring brother.

If as a citizen, you are desirous of doing business anywhere, the federating region where the business interests is located should take charge of everything.

Thanks for the mention.
Lets agree to disagree. If I were from ND I would probably hold your view too... so no blames here. But I spent a whole day thinking about that restructure model. I needed to come up with something that would be acceptable to at least four of the six zones. I believe I have done that.
Shalom
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by rlauncher(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kazim88:
Yoruba ethnic group are smart and cunny..

They deceived and pushed Aboki to write Kaduna Declaration with the plan to destroy Northern Economy.. now Inflation and cost of living is all time high...
poverty and Hunger level is now at critical level.

For them to turn around and Write Ibadan Declaration inviting Same Igbos (That have left the North) to come invest in Abeokuta, Oshogbo and Ibadan...

Aboki don't have sense... even the educated and elderly ones are still dunce... blame quota system.

SMH

You just wrote nonsense.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by pedrilo: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
the continuous robbing of peter to pay paul will not last sha.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Splashme: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
PehaKaso:
Let no Biafran comment negatively on this thread because it is a win-win situation for us Biafrans.
The time to foster Southern unity is now.
Regionalism, just as it was practised in the days of General Ojukwu, is the platform that we need to actualise Biafra peacefully.
Fellow Biafrans, congratulations in advance.
The pendulum is gradually swinging to our advantage.
All hail Biafra!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ade-Ojo: I Didn't Sell Collapsed Building Land To Osinbajo / Peter Obi Campaign Road Walk In Lagos (Pictures, Video) / APC Presidential Rally Kogi State Live (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.