Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt (31138 Views)

Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by rlauncher(m): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
PehaKaso:
@Bede2u, I disagree with you on your fourth submission on how to restructure the failed country.
How can you put up such a proposal which is one of the factors fuelling the secessionist agitations?

If by dint of luck or war, the secessionists become successful in their agitations and secede from Nigeria, would other regions claim part ownership of the offshore resources found in the coastal areas of the new country?

This is not tenable and a deliberate attempt to hold onto the resources of some regions while the rest own theirs totally. The activities of oil and gas exploration industries affect our lands negatively and the impacts are not a child's play.

If we must restructure, then it must be total and fair.

NNPC and her subsidiaries would automatically be handed over to the regions where they hitherto operated.
Only a percentage of all revenues that accrued to each region will be paid to the central government.

Nigeria is not a failed country. If you say Nigeria is a struggling country, I will agree with you.

The more unpatriotic you are in your notion of your country, the less you can do anything to help improve it.

A country with the largest economy in Africa, 21st in the world and the 6th largest agricultural economy in the world can not be said to he a failed country.

I believe you need some form of deliverance from self hatred and hate for your country.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by rlauncher(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
Gaiusjacob:
Tribe of Confusion

You are confused. You need help!
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Kazim88: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
LorDBolton:

Your ignorance proves they(abokis) are smarter than you!

They keep their eyes on the ball, the moment the NORTHERN ELITE decides to make the north like Dubai it'll transform under a year.

I believe you see how polished they(northern elite kids) are...

Anyway My retort was directed at POLITICS... Hands down politically they're better than us down south...good day

North to Dubai??

You lack the apt, wisdom and will to do it...

else you would had secede and achieve it.

The Elite can't achieve it because the masses are not useful... The masses are all potential terrorist.

About Politics the North don't even understand politics... You think Blood and Baboons would be soak in blood is politics...

You think destroying Nigeria unity is Politics

You think Army brutality in 2017 is politics... it is madness...

No wonder Nigeria is practically Down.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by rlauncher(m): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
PehaKaso:

We the Biafrans do not need the Middle Belt.
They are a bunch of traitors. They have all along denied any affiliations with the South and Biafrans in particular. They should live with the political decision they made.
Take a closer look at the political landscape of the Middle Belt, you will discover that they voted enmasse and helped put the incumbent administration in place.
Their governors are part of the Northern Governor's Forum, their leaders(Paul Unongo and co) are always pro-North and anti-South. The Middle Belt are at the forefront of the calls for the arrest, incarceration and re-arrest of Nnamdi Kanu and other Southern youths who agitated/agitating for a fair share of our region's resources.
No General builds a new nation with known traitors and those who oppose him covertly and overtly......King Jumong of Gorguryeo.

This is why you people are not making progress in this country. Every other ethnic group is evil in your eyes because they don't see issues from your own perspectives.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by rlauncher(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
Terkimbi01:
Good News.....

They should have also invited the Middle Belt na.

We prefer to deal with the South than those fanatics up North.

How can there be progress without dialogues with all sides. You people tends to think backwards.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by abdulwastecx(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
read my old posts to find out who I am boy. A countries territorial waters is determined by land marks. Hw far into d ocean a country can go is based on their land. Offshore oil in US belongs to US Federal govt and they are reserving it for future exploitation. Read about this and dont presume to knw what u dont knw

It is actually based on the landmass adjacent to the see. A country territorial water is the water body closer to the adjacent landmass of the nation that is the reason why DRC Congo with a very large landmass but small strip of land closer to the see has smaller territorial water than smaller countries like Liberia.

Oil exploration both onshore and offshore should be in the hands of community or states whose land adjacent the see where these oil are been exploit
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by julietm123: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin grin I am laughing cos every one knows that guy is yorubasta. Be deceiving yasef and living in denial.
SonOfAfonja:

Why won't you masturbate to the gibberish the daft osu is spewing.....Awon Omo irankiran, Whenever y'all want to rant and bark like a rabid dog, pls do not pretend to be omoluabi's, do endeavor to own up to your pygmy ancestry.....chestbeating chimpanzees
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by julietm123: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pain wetin. grin
grin na so you be, I mean the picture. You fine Sha. grin
KanuIsCursed:

E pain am
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Reminez(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

It shall never be well with you and all that you represent if I am not an "OSU".
You are an OSU. May you and your generations know no peace if you are an impostor. Oloriburuku Omo irankiran !!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ihatesycophant(m): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Max24:

I don't understand ur argument. Are u saying that Odumakin never wanted restructuring in the first place ? The Yoruba nation had always called for this restructuring since time immemorial. The only influential Yorubaman I know to be against it is Obasanjo, though he might have his good reasons.
My argument is since the present crop of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin as spokesman they've lost the vigour of restructuring they were known for. They cannot wake up from their slumber and start asking for restructuring after soiling their hands in political cookie jars. Or was it not the same Afenifere that declared support for a certain political party instead of being a rally point to all political parties and stay put to their guns of mission and vision. Until another set comes up, it would be very difficult to believe them by a right thinking Yoruba man, I don't mean political jobbers but apolitical. Tomorrow the same set can easily sell out if the national cake is shared to them as done to them in the last dispensation.
The average Yoruba has been in the forefront of restructuring and former Afenifere was at the heartbeat but this crop missed it to political convenience.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Elliot2(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
ldpele:
My major snag are the leaders of my region( SS). Are they ready to compete? Am truly worried about that. I wish we don't lag behind even with abundant resource.
we will prolly lag behind cos of our lack of vision and foresight! in any case,we can nt use that fear to blackmail this cause. we must learn to adapt ancd change for the better.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by LorDBolton(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kazim88:

North to Dubai??

You lack the apt, wisdom and will to do it...

else you would had secede and achieve it.

The Elite can't achieve it because the masses are not useful... The masses are all potential terrorist.

About Politics the North don't even understand politics... You think Blood and Baboons would be soak in blood is politics...

You think destroying Nigeria unity is Politics

You think Army brutality in 2017 is politics... it is madness...

No wonder Nigeria is practically Down.

Lols oga for you to assume I'm a northerner shows you're even more ignorant than I thought...emancipate yourself from ignorance
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Max24: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
ihatesycophant:

My argument is since the present crop of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin as spokesman they've lost the vigour of restructuring they were known for. They cannot wake up from their slumber and start asking for restructuring after soiling their hands in political cookie jars. Or was it not the same Afenifere that declared support for a certain political party instead of being a rally point to all political parties and stay put to their guns of mission and vision. Until another set comes up, it would be very difficult to believe them by a right thinking Yoruba man, I don't mean political jobbers but apolitical. Tomorrow the same set can easily sell out if the national cake is shared to them as done to them in the last dispensation.
The average Yoruba has been in the forefront of restructuring and former Afenifere was at the heartbeat but this crop missed it to political convenience.
I still don't get ur grouse with them. So, assuming they were wrong before and now corrected their ways, what's wrong with that ? Won't u be happy if a former thief changes his ways ? The prodigal son retracing his steps to his father ? Their past is irrelevant because no one is a saint. What is important is they are back to Yoruba agenda.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
Reminez:

You are an OSU. May you and your generations know no peace if you are an impostor. Oloriburuku Omo irankiran !!
Amen! And if I'm not an impostor, may misfortune raise to power 6 befall you. Can I hear a loud amen? Werey
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ihatesycophant(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Max24:

I still don't get ur grouse with them. So, assuming they were wrong before and now corrected their ways, what's wrong with that ? Won't u be happy if a former thief changes his ways ? The prodigal son retracing his steps to his father ? Their past is irrelevant because no one is a saint. What is important is they are back to Yoruba agenda.
My grouse with them has already be stated and it's incontrovertible and immutable. How would someone stab you and you still expect that point of stabbed to be like new born baby? 'Oju apaa kinjoju ara'. At this point their past is relevant and no amount of damage control can solve the misadventure of this crop of Afenifere. When they left the substance and chasing shadows, they forgot the mission and vision of what Afenifere is meant for. That damage control can only gel political jobbers as I have been saying and not the real Omoluabis. The real Omoluabis will hear clearly the drum beat of non-partisan groups while the partisan ones stay underground and support.
restructuring is a MUST and I am in support 100percent, if it can be done tomorrow or next it will gladden my heart.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Blessed96(f): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
I am not an IPOB and don't support secession. But I believe God actually sent Nnamdi KANU to help facilitate the restructuring of Nigeria. Restructuring is the surest way to go. Support #TrueFiscalFederalismNow
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Reminez(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Amen! And if I'm not an impostor, may misfortune raise to power 6 befall you. Can I hear a loud amen? Werey
Misfortune will befall you and your entire generations. Werey ni eleyii sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by IYANGBALI: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
FTrebirth:
savage! grin grin grin grin

make she reply that one.
she no fit,unless she wan die grin grin
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by PehaKaso: 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bede2u:
Lets agree to disagree. If I were from ND I would probably hold your view too... so no blames here. But I spent a whole day thinking about that restructure model. I needed to come up with something that would be acceptable to at least four of the six zones. I believe I have done that.
Shalom

I'm #ProudlyNigerDeltan of the Izon ethnic extraction. My people have bled for this failed geographical contraption called Nigeria for so long without anything to show for it.
The time to take our destiny into our hands is now. Do not blame us for taking this route because we the Ijaws are the second most marginalized people in Nigeria, after the Igbos.

Have you ever been to the coastal areas of Ijawland? Have you ever been to all Ijaw occupied areas of the Niger Delta? If you have, you would shed tears at the gory sight of poverty that pervades the nooks and crannies of Ijawland, which happen to produce the largest quantity of the petroleum resources for Nigeria.

Enough is enough. Nigeria must restructure or break!
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by PehaKaso: 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
rlauncher:

Nigeria is not a failed country. If you say Nigeria is a struggling country, I will agree with you.

The more unpatriotic you are in your notion of your country, the less you can do anything to help improve it.

A country with the largest economy in Africa, 21st in the world and the 6th largest agricultural economy in the world can not be said to he a failed country.

I believe you need some form of deliverance from self hatred and hate for your country.

This is the second time you quoted me but I have decided to ignore you simply because you are from the Middle Belt. You people are known for your stupidity in the guise of "One Nigeria", yet the Fulani herdsmen are having a field day in the Middle Belt.

Continue quoting me, it gives me a sense of fulfilment, dolt.
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ldpele(m): 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elliot2:
we will prolly lag behind cos of our lack of vision and foresight! in any case,we can nt use that fear to blackmail this cause. we must learn to adapt ancd change for the better.
Certainly brother, no going back on this course, the south, it's time to reunite, the time is now, Tanko insulted all of us on Channel's sunrise and he was definitely sent to do that by his Fulani group.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by logica(m): 2:00am On Sep 09, 2017
LorDBolton:

the moment the NORTHERN ELITE decides to make the north like Dubai it'll transform under a year.
...using a magic wand abi?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Reminez:

Misfortune will befall you and your entire generations. Werey ni eleyii sha undecided
Why didn't you say amen? idiot
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Reminez(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Why didn't you say amen? idiot
Your parents are idiots for raising an autistic degenerate with a single digit IQ such as yourself.

That said, driving a wedge between the omoluabis is criminal and despicable. If truly you are one of us, then you are a bastard who is not fit to be a son of Oduduwa. The bond we share as omoluabis is much greater than the artificial boundaries Nigeria and foreign religions have foisted upon us.

You are nothing but a hate filled Yoruba wannabe. Oloriburuku Omo irankiran !!!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by OmoOshodi(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2017
Abacha nearly helped us killed the old monkey.....who later became the president ..... I always wonder why Obasanjo would love to see Nigerians Die of hunger
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by Rilwayne001: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Kazim88:
PROMINENT Yoruba leaders and South-West governors, on Thursday, led representatives from the  Yoruba nation, including Kogi and Kwara states o demand a restructured Nigeria with emphasis on return to regional government as practised under the 1960 and 1963 Constitutions.
=1

Cc: friendng

Come and waffle as usual undecided
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by FriendNG: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Come and waffle as usual undecided

They clearly told you back to 1960 or 1963. Samething we are saying. During that time Kwara and kogi are under Sardauna. It is a welcome development, nice move indeed
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by hero2000: 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Bobnotrouble:
I didn't see any credible Yoruba leader in that gathering yesterday.
Only elements of irresponsible opposition from pdp and incurable wailing wailers.

I bet you don't know up to half of those mentioned! If you knew, I am certain you wouldn't say that.

First Google Kunle Olajide, Reuben Fasonranti, Chief Areoye Oyebola.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by KanuIsCursed: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2017
julietm123:
Pain wetin. grin
grin na so you be, I mean the picture. You fine Sha. grin

Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by bitchcrafts: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Godbless you my brother.dont mind them,they always have slavish mentality,although I am a yoruba muslim myself but I m planning on leaving the religion of PISS very soon
religion of piss? This is a new one!
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by ifyboy60(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
Kazim88:

You don't know much about the middle belt.
I forgive your ignorance.
you shouldn't have even honored him with a reply
Re: Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt by tck2000(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
rlauncher:

.100'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore’s Neighbors In US Demand His Release From DSS Custody / 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Speaks After Senate ‘Drama’, Says Recruitment Not Suspended / Suspected IPOB Gunmen Attack Vehicles In Asaba, Burn Trucks Over Sit-At-Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.