Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? (5227 Views)

Nduka Obaigbena Surrenders To EFCC For Questioning / Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 4:44am On Feb 25, 2010
George Bush was paid about $500K to attend ThisDay's award. Condoleeza and co were also paid accordingly. Who gives Nduka Obaigbena this money he is splasing everywhere?. Do you know that he is affiliated to the Nigerian govt?. Could this be our money he is spending?
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by kayc33(m): 4:54am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

George Bush was paid about $500K to attend ThisDay's award. Condoleeza and co were also paid accordingly. Who gives Nduka Obaigbena this money he is splasing everywhere?. Do you know that he is affiliated to the Nigerian govt?. Could this be our money he is spending?

source please
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 5:02am On Feb 25, 2010
Source for what?. Are you the only Nigerians who didn't hear that he was paid $500K to attend that show abi you think he came there for free?
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by becomricch: 5:09am On Feb 25, 2010
the govt is paying nduka to sell thier image. it is pure business for nduka. na pro
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 5:12am On Feb 25, 2010
becomricch:

the govt is paying nduka  to sell thier image. it is pure business for nduka. na pro

So he is using our oil wealth to boost the image of our corrupt leaders?. I was surprised at the amount of money he flips around now, shebi na only newspaper im dey sell?
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 5:14am On Feb 25, 2010

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton, second from right, talks with Nigerian Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, center, Thisday newspaper Chairman Nduka Obaigbena, left and former U.N. chief Kofi Annan, right

From right are former President George Bush advisor Karl Rove, Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, former White House chief of staff Andy Card, and outgoing Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 5:15am On Feb 25, 2010
[img]http://www.thisdayonline.com/img.php?id=4660[/img]
George Bush, Nduka, Tony Blair and Condoleeza Rice
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by kayc33(m): 5:20am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Source for what?. Are you the only Nigerians who didn't hear that he was paid $500K to attend that show abi you think he came there for free?  

when did mere 'hearsay' become a reliable source of information?
you must be a bad journalist  tongue  where was it stated that Bush was paid the amounted you stated above
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by becomricch: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2010
you dont need source , trust me on this. if nduka does not collect it another person would collect the money. nduka see it as business. he own a media company, that what he does for a living.  He is ready to sell ice to Eskimos. Nobody sells any country image for free. He is been paid by the nigeria govt.

George bush and clinton give speech for a living now. this is how they get paid.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by rasputinn(m): 6:41am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Source for what?. Are you the only Nigerians who didn't hear

becomricch:

you dont need source , trust me on this.

Holy Moses shocked shocked shocked shocked
I hate it when peeps draw conclusions as if they just came straight out of the tombo bar or beer parlour.You started a thread topic hinged on a very serious allegation and the best you could tell is that hearsay and beccomemapped's approval can substitute your source?

Blimey,this surely is the day
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by RichDad1(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2010
for those of you asking for source;i dont you expect to see that on the front page of the dailies.do you think these guyz are for free?infact they will get paid for doing same in haiti, FYI,they dont run charity.think about it
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by 9ijaprince(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy Emeka = Becomerich
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by rasputinn(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2010
9ijaprince:

Aloy Emeka = Becomerich

Oh,I never thought of that,thanks for the info
I cease to waste my time
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by rhymz(m): 7:05am On Feb 25, 2010
Aloy-emeka
Sometimes U alarm me with Ur posts.I mean U re intelligent than this na! Abi U sef don dey infected with Becomshit syndrom??
How can U, in all Ur intelligence make this kind of far fetched claim.Nduka is a well known media practitioner,if he decides to collaborate with an international body of reput and then extend invitations to former US,Britain etc presidents,it does make him a money bag.What is $500k to these former presidents? Are U saying Bush and Co couldn't have attended unless money exchanged hands. . . Na wa to U o! Emeka,I would ve thought U were capable of a better arguement than this.Seems to Me U are begining to hold becomshit in awe and he is polluting Ur mind with his bizarre delusions.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by slap1(m): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2010
I think that, for the first time, I'm seeing some elements of sanity in a becomricch post. Thank God. @OP Nduka's source of income shud be lukd into.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by slap1(m): 7:12am On Feb 25, 2010
@rhymz. I see little sense in ur post. Those ex US prezs don't globe-trot for tourism sake!
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by henry101(m): 8:08am On Feb 25, 2010
I knw Bill Clinton get paid to attend seminar and workshops and get paid more if He's to give a speech.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by ThinkRait: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2010
I heard it from a reliable source that Nduka paid Sean "Puffy" Combs (P. Diddy) a million dollars to attend Thisday musicfest some years ago.
The 500K to George may be true.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by mbulela: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2010
whoever thought these people came for the program for free must be deluded.
Tony Blair, George bush and clinton make more money outside power than 5 times their salary while in power.
it is a known and documented fact.
their appearance fee is well documented.
i am not here to confirm or deny the amount being bandied on this page but to imagine they came for free is delusional.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by microgiant: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2010
Bill Clinton made millions from foreign sources
updated 3:38 p.m. ET Jan. 27, 2009

WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton earned nearly $6 million in speaking fees last year, almost all of it from foreign companies, according to financial documents filed by his wife, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28878460

$250,000 from the Mexican branch of the Friends of ZAKA. ZAKA is an Israeli-based relief agency that operates around the world, delivering humanitarian assistance to the victims of terrorism and natural disasters.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2010
It's common knowledge that former US Presidents sustain themselves on the lecture circuit once they're out of office. Whoever thinks Bush & Co came here for free needs to get his head examined. You think say dem no dey chop shebi?  grin
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 25, 2010
@ Topic

Nduka is spending IBB money. Just so you know. He might be getting side contracts from Madam Rebranding, but he's mainly spending Babangida dough.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by mbulela: 9:09am On Feb 25, 2010
ziddy:

@ Topic

Nduka is spending IBB money. Just so you know. He might be getting side contracts from Madam Rebranding, but he's mainly spending Babangida dough.

there has never been any proof to this IBB link.
although i agree that Thisday is not run as a profitable venture,hence the raised eyebrows.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2010
ziddy:

@ Topic

You got proof
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2010
mbulela:

there has never been any proof to this IBB link.
although i agree that Thisday is not run as a profitable venture,hence the raised eyebrows.

same way Globacom has not for one day turned a profit since inception. Birds of the same feather.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by 006(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2010
Thisday's annual turnover as of 2005 was $35M.
Does that mean something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thisday
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by mbulela: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2010
006:

Thisday's annual turnover as of 2005 was $35M.
Does that mean something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thisday

it means nothing.
that stat is unreliable.
Nduka himself could easily author that entry on Wikepedia.
kindly come back with a more reliable source.
by the way,where is the 35m coming from?
loads of readers read online for free.
is it from the concerts where he brings Jayz,beyonce and the likes where a 5,000 people pay 15 or 20K for ticket?
or the fashion shows he holds in london and joburg where he brings in the best of the world's models?
or is it the millions he lost in the South African Thisday venture?
most of Thisday activities that are visible to the naked eye are money guzzlers not money makers.
there is something that is not obvious to the ordinary eye.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by olafolarin(m): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2010
Nduka seems to have à bottomless Pocket.the IBB Might Be true afterall
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by becomricch: 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nduka spin for the nigeria govt.

Bill Clinton and George Bush charge money for invitation. Look if you want to see them in your village. if you have the money, you contact thier office and they would come. This is what the two of them do for a living now. So dont see their present as the USA govt point of view. It is not , Bill Clinton and George Bush do this for a living. It is like bringing Carter to Nigeria. It does not mean the USA endose any one. USA ex president get paid to give paper. 

You said 500,000 is nothing. Look at it this way, 200 half a million is 100 milion.  Bill Clinton and George Bush made more than 10 million doing this each years. This is how USA president make money after govt, not by robbing thier people. Obasanjo, IBB etc should be charging money and going to wedding party, and other programs.etc.

There is nothing wrong of them coming to nigeria. the timing was plan, to discourage  military boys from overthrowing the govt during the change of yar adua to jonathan acting president. You would notice the present of a USA war ship, and the USA ambassador in Nigeria going to IBB, it was just to checkmate any move to terminate democracy in Nigeria by the military. It was carefully plan.

It should not be seen as USA endorsement of anyone. Bill Clinton and George Bush get paid given speech. Do you want them to come to your house, you have $500,000. Leave your email.  This is how USA president make money after govt, not by robbing thier people.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by AloyEmeka5: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dunno there are people who do not know that EX US presidents make money from speaking and other events like this.
Re: Where Does Nduka Get His Financing From? by slap1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
^^ and I was beginning to think someone has impersonated becomricch. Go on boy, remove them Edo, Delta, Yoruba and send them to Benin or even Haiti.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Just Called Igbos Standing On The Sideline Cowards / Rivers Rerun: Inec Declares Results / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [15 October, 2017]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.