Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,779 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members (30730 Views)

Army Deserter, 33 Others Arrested For Suspected Internet Fraud In Osogbo / Police Arrest Army Deserter For Robbery In Adamawa / Army Deserter Turned Biafra Security Service Trainer, Arrested For Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by MrRationalBlog(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2017
A 26-year-old alleged army deserter, Ebeje Nnamdi, suspected to be the trainer of members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has been arrested by the police in Anambra state.

Nnamdi was arrested alongside three others for their alleged involvement in armed robbery in Iyi Oji area of Anambra.

Garba Umar, police commissioner in the state, presented the suspects to reporters on Thursday, at the police command headquarters in Amawbia, near Awka.

The police also arrested 22 suspected cult members who were allegedly conducting their initiation ceremony in a bush.

Umar said the police recovered 336 rounds of 7.22x39mm, AK-47 live ammunition from the alleged (IPOB) members and their trainer.

“Police equally recovered three empty AK-47 riffles with magazines, one locally made double barrel pistol with two live cartridges, (IPOB) wears, IPOB flags, muffler, criminal charms and ATM cards,” he said.

“The army deserter was formerly of the 20 Mechanised Battalion, Taraba, in 2014 before he disappeared.”

The commissioner said Nnamdi became a member of a six-man gang responsible for the attacks and killings of policemen at nipping points, robberies at fuel stations including that of Bukachi filling station, Eziowelle, both in Onitsha on August 31, 2017.

Others who were arrested alongside Nnamdi were 26-year-old Onyebuchi Peter Ali and Ugwuokpe Nnaemeka.

Umar said their case was under investigation and that they would be charged to court after investigation.

He also said two members of a four-man gang of kidnappers were arrested, while one was killed in a gun battle with members of the state anti robbery squad (SARS), while the victim was rescued.

https://www.thecable.ng/police-arrest-army-deserter-turned-ipob-trainer

4 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by MrRationalBlog(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2017
Get more news at Political Villa =RationalTV..com.
http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/police-arrest-army-deserter-who-trains_8.html
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by vchykp(m): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2017
OP god it is watching you oh, always stingy with FTC.. i wonder what you want to do with that land..

i am from anambra, but i so much dispise this biafra thing, nigeria is still standin with one leg as a nation, instead of us to help us grow, we are planning to break out as though that is the solution, i bet you biafra supporters.. your problems will have a fresh begining if we venture into breaking up, we need nigeria as much as they need us.. "a bird in hand is worth more than 10million in the bush" lets make good use of what we have as a nation, let us help nigeria grow... tnx

quote me i slap u..!

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Nduemma12(m): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Op whatever that has lead you into this be free in Jesus name. Amen
Up Biafra......
Up Ipob.........
Up Igbo Nation.....
Biafra must be free
PMB let my people GO grin

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by obaival(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2017
vchykp:
OP god it is watching you oh, always stingy with FTC.. i wonder what you want to do with that land..

i am from anambra, but i so much dispise this biafra thing, nigeria is still standin with one leg as a nation, instead of us to help us grow, we are planning to break out as though that is the solution, i bet you biafra supporters.. your problems will have a fresh begining if we venture into breaking up, we need nigeria as much as they need us.. "a bird in hand is worth more than 10million in the bush" lets make good use of what we have as a nation, let us help nigeria grow... tnx

quote me i slap u..!
But i think we hav been helping them bro, building houses in der towns bt they never did that on ours not even renting an apartment & u said they need us, mehnnn go back n think wella...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by iLoveConductor1: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2017
Look at how they want to popularize this guy like Nnamdi Kanu. I remember in the same manner how they announced Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in October 2015, citing he was in possession of "illegal equipments", two passports, blah blah blah. Now we all know what's happening.

Ebeje Nnamdi, it's your turn to shine. God has remembered you.

Zoo government and their people too mumu walaghi. cheesy cheesy

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by mpianya39(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2017
This one na the remix of the NEWS cheesy cheesy cheesy

See the original news down here with the link

CPS PRESS BRIEFING
      Good afternoon,
Gentlemen of the press, I am delighted to welcome you to today’s press briefing 7/9/2017.
The Anambra State Police Command has continued to deliver on its mandate of protecting the lives and properties of the people of the State.
The Command has been achieving results in the fight against Crime due to the cooperation of well meaning people in the State. We solicit that such synergy should be sustained.
In recent times, the Command has made some breakthroughs as abridged hereunder:
     [b]ARREST OF ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECTS AND RECOVERY OF AMMUNITION.
On 31/08/2017 a gang of armed robbers using two motorcycles led by one Kenneth Chimezie m age 42 yrs was arrested. Following a painstaking investigation and intelligence reports the said suspect Kenneth Chimezie led the team of Police Operatives from the Command to their trainer’s hideout where he was apprehended.
    Police investigation revealed that the trainer One Ebeje Nnamdi ‘m’ 26yrs is a deserter from 20 mechanized Battalion Taraba State in 2014.[/b]Also arrested are:
Peter Onyebuchi Ali m 26 yrs
Ugwuokpe Nnaemeka m 26 yrs
The Suspects are members of a six-man gang of armed robbers responsible for the  attacks and killings of Policemen at nipping points, robberies at fuel stations and various points including the armed robbery at Bukachi filling Station Eziowelle on 31st August 2017.

Exhibits recovered include:
Three hundred and thirty six (336) rounds of 7.62 x 39mm AK 47 live ammunitions
Three (3) Empty  AK 47 rifle magazines
One (1) locally made Double  Barrel Pistol with two live cartridges
IPOB wears ( headgear, mini flag, muffler)
Criminal charms
ATM cards
The suspects confessed to the crime and are assisting the Police in discreet investigation while efforts to apprehend the fleeing suspects and possible recovery of their arms have been intensified.

My question now is wetin cosine IPOB with gangs of armed robbers

ARREST OF SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBERS AND RECOVERY OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION
On 6/09/17 at about midnight, following a distress call by a good citizen of Uru village Ogidi that suspicious movement of some men were noticed in the village, Police teams were promptly dispatched to cordon the area. The area was thoroughly searched and the following suspects were arrested;
Sunday Chigbo M  20yrs
Onyebuchi Eweani M 24yrs

EXHIBITS RECOVERED INCLUDE;
A locally made cut to size double barrel gun
One live cartridge
Clothes and shoes
Household equipment
A Ghana must go bag

Interrogation revealed that the bag which contains cloths, shoes and house equipment was robbed by them from an unknown person.
They confessed to the crime, case is under investigation and would be charged to court for prosecution at the end of investigation.

ARREST OF SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS /RESCUE OF VICTIM:
On 2/09/2017 at about 1130 hrs, acting on information from a good citizen of Anambra State that a group of boys led by one Chukwudi Nwabundo ‘m’ invaded the house of one Peter Chukwuemeka ‘m’ of Isiokwe village, Aguleri and took away one John Ifediora ‘m’ of Umuganagu village to IYI OJI shrine where he was subjected to torture
   Police detectives acting on intelligence stormed the bush at Aguleri in Anambra east, and successfully rescued the victim.
Two suspects were arrested on the spot and the third suspect who sustained gunshot injuries was certified dead at the hospital.
  The suspects arrested include;
Chukwudi Nwabundo m
Obiora Madubueze m
iii  Chinaza Udeezue m (deceased)
         The suspects confessed to the crime and will be charged to court accordingly.

ARREST OF SUSPECTED CULTISTS
Sequel to a report that a group of young men suspected to be cultists were seen at a scene of initiation at Nnewi, Police teams from Special Anti- Cultism (SPAC) cordoned the place and arrested twenty two (22) suspected cultists listed hereunder:

NAME OF SUSPECT
CULT
ONUJIOBI SAMSON
JVC
21 YRS

EBUKA CHIJIOKE
AYEES
2+5 YRS

CHIBUZO MBONU
ARO
21 YRS

CHINONSO UWANDU
JVC
20 YRS

CHIJIOKE NWOYE
JVC
17 YRS
OSONDU UZOH
JVC
22 YRS
CHIDIEBELE OKOYEOBELE
JVC
17 YRS
DAVID NWOKOYE
JVC
17 YRS
UGBUAGU JONATHAN
JVC
24 YRS
OFOR OBINNA

19 YRS
CHUKWUEMEKA ONYEIJE
JVC
19 YRS
RICHARD KENECHUKWU

30 YRS
OKOYEOBELE OLUEBUBE
BAGGER
17 YRS
ONYEMA BOSAH
JVC
20 YRS
TONY CHUKWUEMEZIE
2-2
18 YRS
ONYEMA UDOJI
JVC
16 YRS
IFEANYI ONU
AYEES
20 YRS
CHUKWUNONYE NNAMDI
ARO
17 YRS
UGWU CHINAZA
BABY AYEES
17 YRS
VALENTINE ERIOBALA
JVC
21 YRS
CHIBUZO OKORO
2-2
18 YRS
ONYIA EJIKE
AYEES
25 YRS
EXHIBITS RECOVERED INCLUDE;
One locally made revolver pistol with one live ammunition
One locally made pistol gun with 3 live cartridges
One muffler belonging to JVC
One black turban belonging to ARO Cult
Three black berets belonging to Vikings
Two daggers
Three short axes
Three machetes
The suspects confessed that they are members of different cult groups and will be charged to court for prosecution.
I wish to reiterate the readiness of the Command to continue partnering with other security agencies and law abiding citizens of the state to eliminate all forms of crimes and criminalities.
I wish to advise parents to take care of their children/wards so as to reduce cultism in the society, and also report to the Police or other security agencies of any suspicious movement of their children or other persons promptly in fulfillment of a core civic responsibility.
Thank you.
CP GARBA BABA UMAR Psc
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
ANAMBRA STATE POLICE COMMAND,
AWKAAWKA

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/09/anambra-police-arrest-armed.html?m=1

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by stefanweeks: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2017
deserter indeed
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by biomustry: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2017
Slowly but surely turning to book haram part 2, very peaceful

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by SalamRushdie: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2017
He should be handed over to his owners the Nigerian Army for the appropriate military laws he swore by to apply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by madridguy(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2017
tongue
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Zeze06(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2017
smiley
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Frankyboy1(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Wwww
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Bodmas02: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Arrest them all.Including there hero

4 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Ohamzee: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2017
BMC una weh done oh. Una don come again undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Pesuzok(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2017
obaival:

[b]But i think we hav been helping them bro, building houses in der towns bt they never did that on ours [/b]not even renting an apartment & u said they need us, mehnnn go back n think wella...

See shallow thinking, so you brothers residing in another part of nigeria and is hustling there cannot build house again? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by kafiz1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin ipob

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by dakeskese(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
U go fear deserter na.

grin
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by soldierdollar(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
sad
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by sirugos(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
Trying so much to tanish the reputable image of Ipob using afonja media outlet.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Thobiy(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
Make them free am jor, WAR IS LOOMING!!!

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by EponOjuku: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
iLoveConductor1:
Look at how they want to popularize this guy like Nnamdi Kanu. I remember in the same manner how they announced Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in October 2015, citing he was in possession of "illegal equipments", two passports, blah blah blah. Now we all know what's happening.

Ebeje Nnamdi, it's your turn to shine. God has remembered you.

Zoo government and their people too mumu walaghi. cheesy cheesy

Of course, for a Biafran to shine, he must be a criminal who is a nuisance to society.

No wonder you people are the largest group of criminals and thieves.

9 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by austinziza(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
op is inyi not iyi and OJI river is in Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Perell88: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
Everything Ipob is derailing

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Awoo88: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
This idiotic PC must add ipob to his tale otherwise those when sent him will not be happy.

1 Like

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Ogbuefi2020: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
If you arrest a robber, leave IPOB out of it

6 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by ojmetrix(m): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
we igbo don't like our self's we are too greedy and can do any thing for money it's better we stick to Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by anyebedgreat: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
For what
Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Benekruku(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nnamadi Kanu has put another one of his victim into trouble grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Police arrest Army deserter who trains IPOB members by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
These Afonjas no dey tire, from Igbos abandonment of Gen. Effiong to this. All propaganda.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Akorode: Man Who Set Himself Ablaze In Lagos Is Still Alive! (Video) / Woman Burns Her 10-Year-Old House Help With Hot Iron In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Punches A Police Officer Outside A UK Nightclub For Touching Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.