Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) (5482 Views)

A School In Onitsha Invited Father Christmas For Fun But It Ended In Tears - Pho / 10 Stupid Mistakes That Ended A Serial Killer’s Career / The Day India Beat Nigeria 99-1 In World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2017
THE TALE!
I remember that terrible match. Nigeria lost 99 - 1. The only goal was scored by Thunder Balogun. After that match, FIFA banned India from football. A certain Ranjeet Arsenewanjo scored 19 goals in that match and our keeper confessed to the ball turning into several balls whenever Indian are in the penalty box

REALITY!
Nigeria versus India match: Virtually everybody born before the invention of the internet must have heard the tale of a nonexistent football match between Nigeria and India that obviously took place in a parallel universe and somehow we got to hear the gory stories of that match. Though there are many variations of the story, every prevaricator seems to agree on a couple of facts about this fictional football match. Each storyteller agrees that;

1. This match ended with India scoring 99 goals and Nigeria scoring just one goal.

2. Nigerians where unable to kick the ball because the football kept turning to a lion (or something scary) to prevent them from playing the soccer ball.

3. The Indians later agreed that if Nigeria could score a goal, they would concede defeat.

4. Samuel Okwaraji scored the winning goal and lost his life in the process.

5. FIFA banned India from soccer because they used black magic in that very game

With the help of common sense (not that it was absent back then), quick access to information and the internet, every right thinking Nigerian has come to realize that such a story should be filled under blatant lies.[color=#006600][/color]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2017
Hahahahaha grin cheesy

Mods please help educate Niaralanders.

Cc. Lalasticlala, ishilove

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Infamous(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Axelrod:
Hahahahaha grin cheesy

Mods please help educate Niaralanders.

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2017
Axelrod:
Hahahahaha grin cheesy

Mods please help educate Nairalanders.

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=Infamous post=60247550][/quote]

Thanks.
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 9:51am On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=Infamous post=60247550]
Thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Aminu212: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2017
more, am listening
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by bqlekan(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2017
Hehe cheesy well, the indian national team was banned from football because they insisted on playing with their bare foot..
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2017
bqlekan:
Hehe cheesy well, the indian national team was banned from football because they insisted on playing with their bare foot..

Lol
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by peddy231(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2017
bqlekan:
India dey play football oh, them nor just too sabi am. Na cricket be their forte... Nobody ban them from football.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by MrDoGood(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
Children of nowadays.......

Still believe this sh!t?
Nah..they don't. It ended in our time.
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by UncleRichy(m): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
oga op... all I know is India won Nigeria 99:1

and I must tell my kids the same story

16 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Mikee7(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
Lol I will still tell my children as well

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by hausadreturn(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
True talk.
We had to believe this story for a very long time, even believing that Okwaraji lost his life in the match.

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by jeff1607(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
shaolin soccer
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by bqlekan(m): 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
peddy231:

India dey play football oh, them nor just too sabi am. Na cricket be their forte... Nobody ban them from football.

Lol, don't mind me, I only chipped in some of the lies from those times. The naivety of their football federation killed their hopes of being an asian football powerhouse then. I mean, look at their population..

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin
Indomie generation wouldnt like this.. But seriously tho..
The story was believable despite it being hilarious..

Op.. What's the real story

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by edicied: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
Elparaiso:
Mr A is an atheist. Mrs B is a Christian and A's co-worker. C is B's cell member.

A gets really sick and goes to the doctor. The doctor prescribes some drugs. A takes them per instruction and gets better. A moves on with life.

B contracts the illness from A just before he is healed. B meets pastor/cell leader who prays then instructs her to drink two bottles of anointing oil and bathe 5 times a day with overpriced "holy water". When B realizes medicinal drugs are still needed. B goes to the doctor, who prescribes the same drugs he prescribed to A. B gets home, pleads the blood of Jesus on each tablet before swallowing. B gets better and goes back to church for testimony. B says things like, "God healed me, I give all the glory to God."

C contracts the same illness from B. Having heard the "God did it" testimony, C believes he would also receive his healing. Then, the illness gets really serious, C goes to the same doctor, gets the same prescription, gets better and gives the same testimony.

Let's just pray D has the sense to go to the doctor as soon as possible.
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
The face we make when it gets to the okwaraji part

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by ammyluv2002(f): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
Who even cook this lie in the first place? angry angry angry
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by tspun(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
and to think we all actually believed this shittt is Scarry, I thank God for Internet. even if you tell your kids this they won't even believe you because they will run to the Internet to do research.
Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by rulepax(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
UncleRichy:

U better don't sow lies inside ur childrens heart

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Ishirow(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
I just wonder how the false news spread all over the country even without social media then

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by profmsboi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Weting surprise me na how India take score 99 goals...

Shey no be 45-45 minutes dey play ni?

4 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by BluntBoy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Everyone seemed to agree that Rufai was the goalkeeper for that match.

But there were variations in other aspects.

People seemed not to agree on who scored that lone goal for Nigeria. Many believed that it was Samuel Okwaraji. But there were also mentions of Mudashiru Lawal, Thunder Balogun and even Segun Odegbami as being the scorer.

Lastly, everyone seemed to agree that the scorer of the Nigerian goal hit a stone after the ball turned to stone but was still able to score.

4 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
UncleRichy:

Good luck with that brotherly. But don't be surprised when they ask which website they can confirm the gist. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by UncleRichy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
Axelrod:

Good luck with that brotherly. But don't be surprised when they ask which website they can confirm the gist. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I would tell them... India use their juju to wipe it off the internet grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Shezhawt:
grin
Indomie generation wouldnt like this.. But seriously tho..
The story was believable despite it being hilarious..

Op.. What's the real story

Real story?
It never happened? Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by Axelrod(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
UncleRichy:

I would tell them... India use their juju to wipe it off the internet grin grin grin

You're a badass! grin

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by nenergy(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
Did Nigeria ever Play India? That's the first and most important question.

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1(photos) by toastedbread: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
who typed the data and uploaded it online? was it not a human?
what if they didn't want the real story to be made known?
have u tried to know the names of the Nigerian/ Indian players who were fielded that day?

don't believe everything you read on wiki.

again, I might be wrong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? / See An Award Presented To EKSU Best Graduating Student In Civil Engr (pics) / Jamb 2011 Results. What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.