Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title (972 Views)

Nigeria D'Tigress To Begin 2023 FIBA Afrobasket Title Defence Against Egypt / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: Afrobasket 2017 Finals / BREAKING: Nigeria’s D’tigers Overpower Senegal, Zoom Into Afrobasket Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
D'Tigers begins the defence of their Afrobasket title today won two years ago in Tunisia. The tournament is co-hosted by Senegal and Tunisia. Nigeria play in Rades, Tunisia in group A alongside DR Congo, Mali and Ivory Coast.

Nigeria's Fixtures
Nigeria vs Ivory Coast. 8/9/17. 8:30pm

Mali vs Nigeria. 9/9/17. 8:30pm

Nigeria vs DR Congo. 10/9/17. 3:30pm

The Squad:
1. Azuoma Dike (My homeboy, reppin' AJ city)
2. Abdul Yahaya
3. Ike Diogu (Captain)
4. Daniel Ochefu
5. Deji Akindele
6. O’karo Akamune
7. Bryant Mbamalu
8. Ike Nwamu
9. Akin Akingbala
10. Ike Iroegbu
11. Anthony Odunsi
12. Kelechi Anuna
13. Usman Moussa
14. Victor Anthony
Coach: Alex Iwora
Mousa Adamu and Victor Anthony will go as contingent players, as we did on female national team.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by bulitex(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
Wishing them best of luck

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
Mods, do the needful please. Our boys needs all prayers and support they can get.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by CoolFreeday(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goodluck D'tigers
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
I pray they succeed .
This is a relatively young and inexperienced side with the exception of their skippo who was a member of the 2015 winning side.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Daninya11:
I pray they succeed .
This is a relatively young and inexperienced side with the exception of their skippo who was a member of the 2015 winning side.
I pray so too. Though they're young, they've got the talent to go all the way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 11:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nigeria wins their first match by the skin of their teeth 78 - 77. I hope they improve in their next match against Mali tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by Bhella5(m): 1:49am On Sep 09, 2017
stealvyn:
Nigeria wins their first match by the skin of their teeth 78 - 77. I hope they improve in their next match against Mali tomorrow.
CIV are no minnows in Basketball so give kudos to the lads
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
Bhella5:
CIV are no minnows in Basketball so give kudos to the lads
Yea, I know but if you watch the game, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
D'Tigers are bringing the heat in this one..Mali vs Nigeria. 3rd quarter, Nigeria are up by more than 20 points.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
It's a blowout victory for Nigeria. Final score: Mali 67 - 90 Nigeria. Good one boys
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2017
Nigeria vs DR Congo today at 3:30pm.
Re: Nigeria's D'tigers Begins Defence Of Their Afrobasket Title by stealvyn(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nigeria's D'Tigers humbled by DR Congo. Final score: Nigeria 77 - 83 DR Congo

(1) (Reply)

When Your Dad's Rival Is Your Idol. / Today's Wednesday Game Bets On Punters Zone / 2018 World Cup: Why Arsenal, Chelsea, Others Will Receive $209m From FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.