Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open (1273 Views)

Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by yandexja: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-ICkmfS-J9qI/WbJyLuAwrHI/AAAAAAAAIMo/E2TvGBV5pO8wWs8HsrkjoI2wXWI5ywQwACLcBGAs/s1600/vw1.jpg[/img]

A new grand slam champion will be crowned at the U.S. Open after Sloane Stephens beat fellow American Venus Williams 6-1 0-6 7-5 in a rollercoaster of a semi-final on Thursday.
Stephens, who returned to competition at Wimbledon after nearly a year off because of a foot injury, recovered from a second-set meltdown to end ninth seed Williams's hopes of reaching a third major final this year.
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEk6vp3uyl8[/img]

SOURCE: http://www.lawsonjamesblog.com.ng/2017/09/venue-williams-ousted-from-us-open.html
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by crisycent: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
I have always known Stephens will be the new queen of tennis.
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by HajimeSaito(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
crisycent:
I have always known Stephens will be the new queen of tennis.

Because she is black?
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by crisycent: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
HajimeSaito:

Because she is black?

Nah....because I have watched her play against serena and it was one hell of a game.

1 Like

Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by HajimeSaito(m): 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
crisycent:

Nah....because I have watched her play against serena and it was one hell of a game.

She's been a pro since 2010, but she's never won a grand slam. If she was that good, she would have at least two grandslams to her name by now. Not saying she's a bad player. I just don't think she's the new "queen" of tennis as you called her.
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by yandexja: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
Realy
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by crisycent: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
HajimeSaito:

She's been a pro since 2010, but she's never won a grand slam. If she was that good, she would have at least two grandslams to her name by now. Not saying she's a bad player. I just don't think she's the new "queen" of tennis as you called her.

Rome wasn't built overnight. In tennis, you learn from your losses and I'm sure she has learnt her lessons and she has grown.
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by yandexja: 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
you are right
Re: Venus Williams Ousted From U.S Open by yandexja: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea 1-2 Watford - Pereyra Stuns Champions And Gives Hornets Lead / Today Wining Match Prediction 25 Oct 2017 12 Gazetted Wining Games / Rohr Confirms Fresh Two Year Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.