Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Today Is World Physiotherapy Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Physiotherapy Day (522 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease / Today Is World's No Bra Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today Is World Physiotherapy Day by Tkoy(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
WORLD PHYSICAL THERAPY DAY

MY NAME IS NWANKWO PASCHAL & I AM A PHYSIOTHERAPIST IN TRAINING !!!!

May I use this special day and wonderful month to welcome you my friends, into the historical Remembrance of healthcare treatments using physical modalities. Today is 8 September,2017. We celebrate World Physical therapy Day, in conjunction with WCPT ( world confederation of physical therapy) & NSP (Nigerian Society of physiotherapy). This is a global event recognising the incredible role physiotherapists play in the healthcare profession in the community and the relationships they have with their patients.

Physiotherapists are health professionals who have a key role in helping people with long-term conditions to achieve their goals, fulfil their potential and participate fully in the society. That you don't walk today, doesn't mean you are limited to that status. But a physiotherapist can assure you and say " their is hope of Movement". Your body have been programmed by God to carry out certain functions, but only a little mistake and ignorance can deny you of that God given functions. Please note, their is hope in restoration and functionality of your lost functions. Join the global world today , to celebrate the success existence of physiotherapist in the world and our country Nigeria.

Drugs can cure you to some extent, but note: "their is always a hidden treasure in my brain and my hands as a physiotherapist". You can ask how, but it acts like magic. Where ever you are now, amputated, deformed or Impaired in any form. Let me re-assure you, a breathing man is never impaired, but just try and change the psychology in your personal thinking and believe that your functionality is never in any form of limitations.

I would want to plead with our government, to help this country Nigeria, by providing enough standard physiotherapy equipments in our teaching hospitals, healthcentres & our country at large. Even at the little standard available, they still perform wonders. What will happen when we have the latest standard. Let's not deny the fact that many of you my leaders are always traveling to India for physiotherapy treatments. Why not give us the same standard here in Nigeria? If you ask me, Nigeria have many patients that requires physiotherapy intervention, we have many people with deformities, both old, young and also children with birth deformities which can be cured at the early stage by a physiotherapist. Our leaders should help the profession and the entire country at large with standards required to save our country from the impeding state of physically challenged people. If you ask me, they are not physically challenged, but are being influenced by the actions of you my leaders by not giving them the necessary hope they required to leave a normal life. I am calling on Our leader, "Mr.President " to please save the lives of some patriotic citizens of this country Nigeria, who are impaired in one way or the other, but voted you in with the intention that you will give them hope and life again. They are not asking for money, but only a standard physiotherapy modalities that will help their body and soul to be happy and feel loved again like humans. You can put a smile in the faces of some people, by providing a well funtional and affordable physiotherapy treatment equipments in our teaching hospitals. Am pleading on our President, Governors, senators and ministers. You people are the mouthpiece of our country. Give us the hope which you promised.

With me you can be functional and actively fit.

JUST VISIT A PHYSIOTHERAPIST
For Re education
mobility
Stimulation
Reinforcement
Posture correction
and above all, Re-cycling

WELCOME TO PHYSICAL THERAPY WORLD!!!!!

NWANKWO PASCHAL. C
Physiotherapy student
Nnamdi Azikiwe University

(1) (Reply)

6 Foods For Men To Help Boost Libido / High Menstruation Flow / Monkeypox: Lagosians On Heat As Monkeypox Cases Where Recorded In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.