Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,339 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano (343 Views)

I'll Win Edo Election Without The Help Of Any Godfather, Says Ize-iyamu / BREAKING: We’ve No Regrets Relating With Buhari, Says Obiano / No Regrets Having Tinubu As Godfather, Says Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano by Nkemakonam62: 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Governor Willie Obiano says as governor of Anambra State, he has not and will never divert the resources to anyone claiming to be his political godfather.

The governor was speaking during the 2017 Mother's Summit held at the Prof Dora Akunyili Women Development Center, Awka yesterday.
Governor Obiano who noted that the state has grown past the era when godfathers dictate to their stooge-governors and the State's resources were siphoned, emphasized that the state's resources are for the development of the state and not for private pockets not even the governor's pocket.
While describing his mission in the state saddle as an Apostolic work, Governor Obiano said what he intends to achieve after his eight year tenure is fiscal sustainability where the state government will not have to depend on the Federal government monthly allocation to execute its lofty developmental objectives.
According to the Governor, only a tested and trusted hand in human and material resource management can achieve this for Anambra, hence his desire to complete his second term.
He therefore appealed to the people to vehemently resist any attempt to impose a stooge on them by anybody, assuring them that the development they have seen in the first 3 years and half he had lasted in office is a foretaste of what is achievable in the state.
Also speaking, the Member representing Njikoka One constituency in the State Assembly, Dr Timothy Ifedioranma acknowledged that in Governor Obiano, Ndi Anambra have a leader who believes in putting the interest of the people first before any other considerations, adding that this explains why he has continued to embark on capital -intensive developmental initiatives and people-oriented programmes even when the country is in recession.
According to him, the sterling performance of the Governor must be sustained come November 18th this year and Ndi Anambra will lead the charge with their voters cards to ensure that the State does not go back to the dark era of political godfatherism.
More details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/09/i-will-never-divert-anambra-state.html

Re: I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano by Tolexander: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Governor Willie Obiano says as governor of Anambra State, he has not and will never divert the resources to anyone claiming to be his political godfather.
I love this Obiano!

He never promised he won't divert resources at all, but won't divert it to anyone claiming to be his political godfather.
Re: I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hope so.....
Re: I Will Never Divert State Resources To Any Political Godfather Says Obiano by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
Tolexander:
I love this Obiano!

He never promised he won't divert resources at all, but won't divert it to anyone claiming to be his political godfather.
LOL, perhaps he will divert it to his godmothers!!

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Nnamdi Kanu Preached ‘one Nigeria’ During Jonathan’s Administration / Nnamdi Kanu's Twin Problems / Exercise Python Dance II Releases Dedicated Public Cell Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.