Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? (1686 Views)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / My Visit To The Registry: Man And Planting A Family / Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by EYIBLESSN(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
Good Evenings Fellow Nairalanders !

I am one of you and I need your unalloyed, and candid understanding on the necessary requirements for a not elaborate wedding programme at the registry.

A cousin of mine though married with two kids gave me this as an assignment. I am quite sure I am in the midst of elites with reasonable experience.

This will in no measure help intending couple(s) to be knows their stance towards a nice preparation

Please help your boy. Thanks.

CC.
Lalasticlala:
Grand Commander Republic of Nairaland
RoyalRoy: Family Section Region Governor.

Eyitayo.
The Írúmolē of politics.
The first Premier of Western Region immediately after Restructuring.
Re: What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by Zeze06(m): 2:37am On Sep 09, 2017
First thing, you need a wife...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by Drjudy007: 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Locate the local government office in the city you reside, marriage registries are available in all LGA's in Lagos. Upon enquiry, you will be asked to pay the sum of #15,000 and a 21working days notice will be given for publishing your name on the notice board. The marriage ceremony can be slated any Thursday after the 21 working days. If the groom and bride are above 35yrs and 28yrs old, a certificate of bachelorhood and certificate of spinsterhood will be required from them respectively. This can be gotten from the court or the registry officials can help you arrange for it for about #1,000 or #1,500.

Appear on your wedding day dressed either traditionally or English wears with two witnesses. When you arrive you pick a number because more than one couple may be getting married that day. The ceremony doesn't last up to 20mins, although the officials will task you for offering, prepare some money for this, maybe 1-2k. Your certificate will be presented to you after the ceremony.

Saturday weddings can be arranged by the officials, if that is your preferred day, you have to pay for it sha. Some LGA charge #15,000 for this.

If you want an expedited ceremony, it can also be arranged for an additional cost of around #15,000.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by Ishilove: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
Drjudy007:
Locate the local government office in the city you reside, marriage registries are available in all LGA's in Lagos. Upon enquiry, you will be asked to pay the sum of #15,000 and a 21working days notice will be given for publishing your name on the notice board. The marriage ceremony can be slated any Thursday after the 21 working days. If the groom and bride are above 35yrs and 28yrs old, a certificate of bachelorhood and certificate of spinsterhood will be required from them respectively. This can be gotten from the court or the registry officials can help you arrange for it for about #1,000 or #1,500.

Appear on your wedding day dressed either traditionally or English wears with two witnesses. When you arrive you pick a number because more than one couple may be getting married that day. The ceremony doesn't last up to 20mins, although the officials will task you for offering, prepare some money for this, maybe 1-2k. Your certificate will be presented to you after the ceremony.

Saturday weddings can be arranged by the officials, if that is your preferred day, you have to pay for it sha. Some LGA charge #15,000 for this.

If you want an expedited ceremony, it can also be arranged for an additional cost of around #15,000.

I hope this helps.
Thought the Nigerian courts said LGs don't have the jurisdiction to contract marriages?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by Drjudy007: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
LG registries do have jurisdiction to Wed couples, what was under contention Was The certificates the LG registries issued. This has however been resolved, all LG registries now issue the same certificate as the federal marriage registries.
Re: What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
Drjudy007:

I hope this helps.

Very useful. God Blesses You. Mynd44 please. this post Will be of importance.

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales Sofa set, A/C and more / TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife / Get It Cheap , Free Issues And Legit!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.