Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife (1681 Views)

How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? / True Life Story. What Will You Do? / Shocking Story: What You Sow Is What You Reap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by farem: 7:04am On May 23, 2020
A MAN NOW SUFFERS FOR DENYING HIS WIFE A REGISTRY MARRIAGE

“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my
current husband and
then the issue of marriage came up.
I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I
that he doesn’t want
a court marriage for no reason.
_
My parents tried talking to him, I cried and
begged him severally to
legalize his marriage with me but he stood his
grounds not to wed
me in a court.
_
I involved his family members to help me beg
him but they said, he’s old enough to make his
decisions.
_
He even refused to do a white wedding either
because my church
requested for a court certificate, so we ended
up doing only traditional marriage.
_
I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I
was hurt and broken
but I resolved to marry him like that just to
save myself and my
family the shame of having a baby outside
wedlock.
_
My dad was angry and disappointed in him but
he didn’t care and
because of that my dad vowed to see me a
successful and
independent woman with or without him.
_
After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped
me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to
turn around for me.
I could now take care of myself and secure a
future.
_
Though I married my husband, but I never
forgave him from my
heart and it made me not to do anything in my
husband’s name.
_
We currently have three kids together but all my
properties are in
the name of my children. I never used him as
my next of kin either.
_
Just last month my company decided to
transfer me to a branch in Texas and the
company is willing to pay for my entire family
to
relocate with me.
_
My husband’s business is not doing too well
and he’s willing to
relocate also but we have no legal certificate to
show that we are
married.
Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize
our marriage and I
have said “No” My dad has threatened to
disown me if I ever go
with him to court.
_
He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife
who is not loyal to
her husband, spoiling my family also.
His family members have been calling me trying
to persuade me
but I told them I’m old enough to make my
decisions also and I
have stood my ground just like he did to me
nine years ago.”
_
What is your advice for this young mother?

Copied

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by seunlayi(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2020
Hmmmmm, this is deep but it is happening all over to women as well as men but with time, their use to be a noticeable improvement/acceptance on the relationship.

Firstly, The woman should sit her husband down and discuss with him, telling him about her grievances against him starting from the wedding issue and listened to what the husband will have to say about it, I am sure there was something about it.
Secondly if the meeting is successful, she can go ahead and have another meeting with her dad, remembering him what she went thru, acknowledging her dad efforts towards her success, tell the father about the husband side and how she has forgiving her husband while informing her dad about positive changes noticed in the man......
Thirdly, she should proceed to beg the dad to have mercy on the man, to forgive him for her sake and that of the children. I m sure something positive will come out, her dad will reason..
Lastly, she should arrange a meeting with her dad and her husband to mark as a reunion and allow her dad to make more suggestions that will solidify the relationship against all unforeseen stormy weather.

God bless your home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Davash222(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2020
So, Churches now request for court certificates before wedding For real?

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Nobody: 7:34am On May 23, 2020
Davash222:

Yes oooo..... some church are now asking...is it not the law of the land that authorized churches to carry out and issue papers of union....it’s just to give people their freedom of religious expression.... The truth is certificate from the church does not carry any weight...it’s just formality.... it’s not recognized for any official arrangement....so why would any sane person want to marry for ordinary paper if not to for easy exit when he needs to commit bigamy....
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by jaeyking(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2020
Ave seen this story before.
well I Ave always said I will bring up my daughters in such a way that they would see marriage as a mutual stuff and not as an achievement in life

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by farem: 7:43am On May 23, 2020
Davash222:

It has been like that for a long time. If you go for any Church wedding without a legal backing, you are not different from the status of traditional marriage.
So if any Church conducting wedding without legal certificates, that church is either strangely igninant or the operator plainly deceitful
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by adebayour26: 8:29am On May 23, 2020
Sorry to say this, he messed up though, but from the way you've decided to purnish him, it doesn't look like you cherish your marriage.

It looks to me that you're just in it because of your children and this is solely because you're now independent.
That husband of yours too acted stupid then, ode ni. He acted as if he's not educated and doesn't know the legal implication of a court marriage, olodo

2 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Mindlog: 8:53am On May 23, 2020
adebayour26:
Sorry to say this, he messed up though, but from the way you've decided to purnish him, it doesn't look like you cherish your marriage.

It looks to me that you're just in it because of your children and this is solely because you're now independent.
That husband of yours too acted stupid then, ode ni. He acted as if he's not educated and doesn't know the legal implication of a court marriage, olodo

He did not act as if he is not educated nor not knowing the legality a court marriage confers but was well thought out as he didn't want to be legally tied down to the woman so that it will be easier to leave the union when he is no longer interested and easily remarry then the woman will less likely contest property with him even provisions for the children will be dependent on his moods.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Nobody: 9:50am On May 23, 2020
How many times will this story be posted on this section?

Mtcheeew.

2 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by cococandy(f): 10:00am On May 23, 2020
Well you already know what to do.
Chances are he will get there and go crazy over light skin girls like he’s never seen a woman in his life before.
Treat people how they treat you.

He probably thought court marriage will give you a leg to stand on legally in case he wants to do you dirty. And he didn’t want to give you that. Turns out he did himself dirty.

7 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by FlutterDollar99(m): 1:39pm On May 23, 2020
Well
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by FlutterDollar99(m): 1:45pm On May 23, 2020
jaeyking:
Ave seen this story before.
well I Ave always said I will bring up my daughters in such a way that they would see marriage as a mutual stuff and not as an achievement in life

Women are wired to think that way.

Read the story from start to end, they feel entitled to marriage and they will always feel entitled till the end of the world.

The guy even did traditional marriage to please her, but now she feels he did her wrong because he wasn't capable of a court wedding then.

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by luvmijeje(f): 1:49pm On May 23, 2020
Forgiveness. She must forgive him. An eye for an eye makes the world goes blind. He is still his husband. He is still the father of his children. He is still his lover.
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by MummyIMadeIt: 2:05pm On May 23, 2020
Woman what if it was the other way around, would you husband do the necessary thing to take you and your children along as a family.

Anyways this story is half baked, as the lady doesn't state any other reason for her grudge except her man not wanting to follow the right procedure.

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by fELiscatus: 2:16pm On May 23, 2020
Lol, I love this story

I am sure the mumu husband denied her legal marriage because he wanted to have upper hand over her in case of when he wanted to either end the marriage or if he wants to marry another wife.

Serves his wicked ass right

1 Like

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Sixfeetbelle: 3:03pm On May 23, 2020
seunlayi:
Hmmmmm, this is deep but it is happening all over to women as well as men but with time, their use to be a noticeable improvement/acceptance on the relationship.

[s]Firstly, The woman should sit her husband down and discuss with him, telling him about her grievances against him starting from the wedding issue and listened to what the husband will have to say about it, I am sure there was something about it.
Secondly if the meeting is successful, she can go ahead and have another meeting with her dad, remembering him what she went thru, acknowledging her dad efforts towards her success, tell the father about the husband side and how she has forgiving her husband while informing her dad about positive changes noticed in the man......
Thirdly, she should proceed to beg the dad to have mercy on the man, to forgive him for her sake and that of the children. I m sure something positive will come out, her dad will reason..
Lastly, she should arrange a meeting with her dad and her husband to mark as a reunion and allow her dad to make more suggestions that will solidify the relationship against all unforeseen stormy weather.[/s]

God bless your home

She should not accept the man or listen to his reasons or any of that crap you wrote up there. He had his reasons for his actions back then and he should reap what he sowed.

There was a thread sometime ago about the wusdom of court marriages. Right there, 95% of the men were strongly against court wedding, citing issues that favored only them just because they didn't want to share their stupid properties with their wife as if marriage was an individual race. This man is among that statistics and should lay on the bed he made. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by doitforyou(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2020
cococandy:
Well you already know what to do.
Chances are he will get there and go crazy over light skin girls like he’s never seen a woman in his life before.
Treat people how they treat you.

He probably thought court marriage will give you a leg to stand on legally in case he wants to do you dirty. And he didn’t want to give you that. Turns out he did himself dirty.
LMFAO

2 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by doitforyou(f): 3:14pm On May 23, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

She should not accept the man or listen to his reasons or any of that crap you wrote up there. He had his reasons for his actions back then and he should reap what he sowed.

There was a thread sometime ago about the wusdom of court marriages. Right there, 95% of the men were strongly against court wedding, citing issues that favored only them just because they didn't want to share their stupid properties with their wife as if marriage was an individual race. This man is among that statistics and should lay on the bed he made. .
Chances are he will make her life difficult in Texas. He should sit his ass in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Sixfeetbelle: 3:21pm On May 23, 2020
doitforyou:

Chances are he will make her life difficult in Texas. He should sit his ass in Nigeria.

Exactly. Men who only warm up to you when they need something from you. Trust me to say that if his business was flowing, he'd be against this move.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by mignone(f): 5:05pm On May 23, 2020
She should think it through cos a man who cld be adamant to legally marry his wife of nine yrs&with three kids cld be dangerous. Who knws his reason? Now he's d one seeking what he'd sworn nt to do nw that he sees an opportunity in d same woman.
The woman had better be very tactful.
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by mignone(f): 5:20pm On May 23, 2020
FlutterDollar99:

Women are wired to think that way.

Read the story from start to end, they feel entitled to marriage and they will always feel entitled till the end of the world.

The guy even did traditional marriage to please her, but now she feels he did her wrong because he wasn't capable of a court wedding then.
Capable u say?
Doesn't going to a marriage registry cost less than d trad?
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by frozen70(f): 7:54am On May 24, 2020
farem:
A MAN NOW SUFFERS FOR DENYING HIS WIFE A REGISTRY MARRIAGE

“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my
current husband and
then the issue of marriage came up.
I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I
that he doesn’t want
a court marriage for no reason.
_
My parents tried talking to him, I cried and
begged him severally to
legalize his marriage with me but he stood his
grounds not to wed
me in a court.
_
I involved his family members to help me beg
him but they said, he’s old enough to make his
decisions.
_
He even refused to do a white wedding either
because my church
requested for a court certificate, so we ended
up doing only traditional marriage.
_
I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I
was hurt and broken
but I resolved to marry him like that just to
save myself and my
family the shame of having a baby outside
wedlock.
_
My dad was angry and disappointed in him but
he didn’t care and
because of that my dad vowed to see me a
successful and
independent woman with or without him.
_
After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped
me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to
turn around for me.
I could now take care of myself and secure a
future.
_
Though I married my husband, but I never
forgave him from my
heart and it made me not to do anything in my
husband’s name.
_
We currently have three kids together but all my
properties are in
the name of my children. I never used him as
my next of kin either.
_
Just last month my company decided to
transfer me to a branch in Texas and the
company is willing to pay for my entire family
to
relocate with me.
_
My husband’s business is not doing too well
and he’s willing to
relocate also but we have no legal certificate to
show that we are
married.
Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize
our marriage and I
have said “No” My dad has threatened to
disown me if I ever go
with him to court.
_
He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife
who is not loyal to
her husband, spoiling my family also.
His family members have been calling me trying
to persuade me
but I told them I’m old enough to make my
decisions also and I
have stood my ground just like he did to me
nine years ago.”
_
What is your advice for this young mother?

Copied

At times, men who claim to be hard take decisions that affects them on the long run

He deserves whatever decision you will be taking

Your idea of getting properties on your children names was a good one because he was behaving as if he has another plan

You can still travel without him, but if you wish to travel with him, you can do so

He is already what he made himself
Re: TRUE LIFE STORY: What A Man Went Through In Life for Doing This To His Wife by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
False story.

(1) (Reply)

Is Anyone Else Facing The Same Problem / About the teacher that was flogged to death. / Top 9 Signs Your Spouse Is Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.