Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? (11050 Views)

Best Martial Arts Move For Beginners / Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) / Martial Law In Chicago As Troops Enter City Streets - Mainstream Media Blackout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hi guys.

I know it's a very unusual question especially for a lady but you can't help what you love right?

Ok I've always been interested in martial arts since I was a kid. I grew up on the Chinese kung fu movies and since then, one of my fantasies has always been learning martial arts.

So does anyone know where I could actually go to get trained in martial arts right here in Nigeria besides going to China ? Lol

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by TyushTal(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
What if you find someone to sponsor you to China?
Just to learn martial art wink

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by Altrarecords(m): 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lol you wanna beat up your ex?
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by AWOisaCOWARD: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Op go to Edo State House of Assembly, you'll learn even throwing of chairs and mace.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by decatalyst(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
You don over chop belle full abi? undecided

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
TyushTal:
What if you find someone to sponsor you to China?

Just to learn martial art wink

Lmao! Who would do that? Besides going to China is not the problem, it's just that I wouldn't wanna leave naija and everything I got going here just for that

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by smartty68(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:
Hi guys.

I know it's a very unusual question especially for a lady but you can't help what you love right?

Ok I've always been interested in martial arts since I was a kid. I grew up on the Chinese kung fu movies and since then, one of my fantasies has always been learning martial arts.

So does anyone know where I could actually go to get trained in martial arts right here in Nigeria besides going to China ? Lol
https://www.nairaland.com/236053/martial-arts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
decatalyst:
You don over chop belle full abi? undecided

Yes o to God be the glory I don chop belle full. Now I wanna explore
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
AWOisaCOWARD:
Op go to Edo State House of Assembly, you'll learn even throwing of chairs and mace.

Lol now we got a comedian in the house
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by AWOisaCOWARD: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Lol now we got a comedian in the house

Lol

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by Lovetinz(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
If you live in a city, best place will be the nearest Stadium.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by decatalyst(m): 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Yes o to God be the glory I don chop belle full. Now I wanna explore

Sha don't allow them break your legs ooo or disfigure your shape grin

No kick to your pretty face too, please kiss kiss
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by greatnaija01: 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
I trained in martial arts (Black Belt) but later specialized in jiu jitsu, I would say this to you as an encouraging advice!

Go to national Stadium and Join the TAEKWANDO Martial Arts Club there and your performance there will determine if the sensei will recommend you for other deeper forms of martial arts. The stadium at surulere lagos is where is started 12 years ago.

Tho at some point if God favours you, you will have to travel. ALL THE BEST

girl4rmspace:

Lmao! Who would do that? Besides going to China is not the problem, it's just that I wouldn't wanna leave naija and everything I got going here just for that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by TyushTal(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

I'm suspecting you have ulterior motives
Who the heck learns martial art in Nigeria?

Why do I have a teeth? grin
If hand no reach, teeth go solve am
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
decatalyst:

Sha don't allow them break your legs ooo or disfigure your shape grin

No kick to your pretty face too, please kiss kiss

cheesy trust me, I know what am getting myself into
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2017
greatnaija01:
I trained in martial arts (Black Belt) but later specialized in jiu jitsu, I would say this to you as an encouraging advice!

Go to national Stadium and Join the TAEKWANDO Martial Arts Club there and your performance there will determine if the sensei will recommend you for other deeper forms of martial arts. The stadium at surulere lagos is where is started 12 years ago.

Tho at some point if God favours you, you will have to travel. ALL THE BEST

12 years ago u said, do they still operate there?
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by Tenkobos(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:
Hi guys.

You should tell us your location first
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by greatnaija01: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
yes ma. Today I saw some young teens with their kits rehearsing and a sensei was with them.... on Saturday's different sports are always training in Stadium
girl4rmspace:

12 years ago u said, do they still operate there?
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by decatalyst(m): 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

cheesy trust me, I know what am getting myself into

I like ladies that love physical body wellbeing.

Do you do any sporting activity aside from this ur kungfu expedition? grin
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
TyushTal:

I'm suspecting you have ulterior motives
Who the heck learns martial art in Nigeria?

Why do I have a teeth? grin
If hand no reach, teeth go solve am

Lmao! The last thing I would do in a fight is to bite. Though I almost never get into fights

On my last trip to the United States I actually saw a martial arts school and I wished I was among them. So it's a no brainer for me to want to try one here in Nigeria. Especially since I got love for the art
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by TyushTal(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Lmao! The last thing I would do in a fight is to bite. Though I almost never get into fights

On my last trip to the United States I actually saw a martial arts school and I wished I was among them. So it's a no brainer for me to want to try one here in Nigeria. Especially since I got love for the art

In today's world, there's only one thing you can do with martial art.

Train others

Martial art is a thing that requires frequent practice or, everything you've learnt with ya might, time and sprite would disappear into thin air tongue

So, tell me, is practice that easy to do?

At a point in life, we all just get occupied
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
decatalyst:

I like ladies that love physical body wellbeing.

Do you do any sporting activity aside from this ur kungfu expedition? grin

Yes of course. I go to the gym to keep fit and I also do jogging in the morning
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
TyushTal:

In today's world, there's only one thing you can do with martial art.

Train others

Martial art is a thing that requires frequent practice or, everything you've learnt with ya might, time and sprite would disappear into thin air tongue

Everything in life requires practice you know... besides training isn't the only thing one could do with martial arts, it could be a lifesaver too, u just never know when u might need it
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
greatnaija01:
yes ma. Today I saw some young teens with their kits rehearsing and a sensei was with them.... on Saturday's different sports are always training in Stadium

Oh I see. Thanks anyway
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by zeongeon: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Have you heard about the Afro Brazilian martial arts of Capoeira? that incorporates dance move, music, community and martial arts all in one. it's a very good art. you won't regret studying it.

I am a capoeirista and we have a thriving community in Lagos Nigeria at the Body Language Company.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by decatalyst(m): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Yes of course. I go to the gym to keep fit and I also do jogging in the morning

That's so great for your body.

You could get somewhere to train for Kunfu or Karate at UI that's if you are in Ibadan. I think Lagos should have centers for sports like that. I know of OAU too...

Could you follow?
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by Flawlessangel(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
I used to practice self thought kung fu from watching movies and I was quite good at it but it never crossed my mind to get formal training. That's not a bad idea miss, u are one unique lady
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
decatalyst:

That's so great for your body.

You could get somewhere to train for Kunfu or Karate at UI that's if you are in Ibadan. I think Lagos should have centers for sports like that. I know of OAU too...

Could you follow?

I actually live in Lagos. Got leads on a few places,gonna check them out when I can
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by decatalyst(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
girl4rmspace:

I actually live in Lagos. Got leads on a few places,gonna check them out when I can

Aii then. Could follow back?
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
zeongeon:
Have you heard about the Afro Brazilian martial arts of Capoeira? that incorporates dance move, music, community and martial arts all in one. it's a very good art. you won't regret studying it.

I am a capoeirista and we have a thriving community in Lagos Nigeria at the Body Language Company.

Hmmn this sounds interesting. So where is this body language company located
Re: Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? by girl4rmspace(f): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
Tenkobos:
You should tell us your location first

Lagos sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Cocolav / Happy Children's Day - Reigniting Our Primary School Memories / Crazy And Unusual Traditions/Facts From Around The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.