Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) (840 Views)

For Peter Obi - PVC Solidarity Fitness And Road Walk Sensitization [photos & Vid / Memoir Of MIXED BLESSINGS / Where Can I Learn Martial Arts(kung Fu) In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) by muffleitjuhi(f): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2021
MMA fitnessIf you are a fan of Mixed Martial Arts, or as they like to call it, MMA, then you would know how serious these guys in the sport are about their fitness. One look at the current champions in the UFC– Jose Aldo Junior in featherweight, Georges St. Pierre in welterweight, Anderson Silva in middleweight, Jon Jones in light-heavyweight and finally Cain Velasquez in heavyweight division, will reveal the highly disciplined regimes these guys go through. These men need to be in peak physical condition at all times while making sure that the stress of competition or injuries do not sidetrack them from the cage, or as they like to call it, the octagon.

If one aspires to have a body that is anything close to what an MMA fighter has, then one cannot compromise on the importance of the right kind of nutrition that is needed. Here are some valuable nutritional tips that can help you attain the desired fitness level. Also take a look at the

3 Effective MMA Workouts

The first and foremost rule while trying to achieve the MMA level of fitness is to regulate your meals. Five or six light meals a day are way better than having two heavy ones. The idea is to keep the energy level at its peak for at least two rounds of workout a day. To achieve that kind of potential, the body regularly needs a steady supply of energy that can only be supplied at a quick rate by complex carbohydrates. Because they convert fat to energy at a higher rate, complex carbohydrates are ideal when it comes to replenishing lost energy. It is a good idea to store up on such carbohydrates a good three hours prior to stepping inside the gym.

Now that you know what to have and when to have it, it is time you also know what to avoid. Food that adds useless fat or weight to the body like soda drinks, junk food, deep fried fast food, etc. are a strict no-no for any aspiring cage fighter. No matter how disciplined someone’s workout regime is, fitness will suffer with the intake of such foods. This food items add almost zero nutritional value and make you feel unnecessarily bulky. Taste can also be had with boiled or baked food which do no such damage.

Finally, MMA level fitness also requires a lot of proteins and vitamins that can be provided with freshwater fish, thin beef, whole grains, cereal, and corn based food products. The basic plan is to go as natural as possible when it comes to everyday food. A natural diet supplemented with a lot of fluids at regular intervals is perfect for having those ripped muscles that one sees on athletes like Georges St. Pierre and Jose Aldo.

The bottom line is, MMA is a tough sport to be a part of and it requires a thoroughly disciplined approach to health and fitness. Nutrition plays an important part and following the right diet builds up the fitness that is required to compete at the highest level.
Read more-marketing team name
Re: Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) by GavinThompson: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
In your opinion, at what age can I send my children to mma training? I go to the gym and train, and I want my son to train with me in the same way.
Re: Fitness And Workouts In The World Of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) by Tomamort: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2023
Everything you need to know about martial arts can be found on this site. This site contains a variety of content. You will find information about various martial arts and their techniques, rules, interpretations, comparisons and all the latest news from the world of martial arts and martial arts sports. Also on this site I order MMA gear, as well as everything you need for training.

(1) (Reply)

How Does One Develop Self / Population Media Center (pmc)-nigeria Terms Of Reference Flexi Track Survey (fts / I Am New Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.