Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay (2617 Views)

Reuben Abati Says Goodluck Jonathan Doesn't Drink, But What Is Going On Here? / BASKET MOUTH SAYS GOODLUCK STOLE MONEY FOR 6YEARS / Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Pharoh: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
Vice President Goodluck Jonathan will remain Nigeria's acting head of state until parliament reverses a resolution giving him executive powers, Information Minister Dora Akunyili said on Thursday.

Dora Akunyili
"He cannot go back to Vice President until the National Assembly reverses their resolution that made him acting president, which was even supported by the Federal Executive Council and more importantly by most Nigerians," Akunyili told Reuters.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8810:jonathan-remains-acting-president-akunyili&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

I am so proud of you akunyili.

1 Like

Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
This person seems to be doing a good job.
Hope she will continue that way
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dora God will protect You in Jesus Name.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
babaearly:

Preach on Pastor
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by pcicero(m): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
babaearly:

I seem to be following your posts. Anyway, Amen!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
pcicero:

I seem to be following your posts. Anyway, Amen!!!

Lol
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by heilige(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
Look at this people. Tomorrow you will still roast Dora
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
heilige:

Look at this people. Tomorrow you will still roast Dora

Na So life Be.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
dora for president.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by tayoast(m): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dora 'll soon be tagged Pro-Jonathan.

Yar'Adua's pple r waiting 4 her downfall
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
adusol:

dora for president.

I remember how happy people were when Yaradua was contesting.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by naso2(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
You see, this is the kind of confrontation Jonathan is trying to avoid, because the tougher the struggle gets , the easier the job becomes for the khaki boys.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
na_so:

You see, this is the kind of confrontation Jonathan is trying to avoid, because the tougher the struggle gets , the easier the job becomes for the khaki boys.

And the more he kept quiet, the more he will babysit the "unbabysittables"
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by sjeezy8: 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
if her hands are clean she cannot have any down fall.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

Clean hands in current Nigerian power set up?
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
I honestly think she should stop these adventures!!!!!

If Jonathan is unwilling to act then these adventures will end up as empty adventures

I love this woman, she is my sister, I can see our gutts in her. But if Jonathan is unwilling to reshuffle the intelligence network of Nigeria then she should kindly keep quiet and resign when the magomago gets too much.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by DisGuy: 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2010
So this wasn't a FEC decision it was a Dora's?? undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dis Guy:

So this wasn't a FEC decision it was a Dora's?? undecided

the decision has been NASS and Nigeria's decision and endorsed by FEC

she only restated the obvious as information minister
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by 9ijaprince(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
God what is happening in dis country? Lood at what Obj has put dis country into.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Seun(m): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

This person seems to be doing a good job.
Hope she will continue that way

What job??
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nigerd(m): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
i give her my vote carry go

Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by otawa: 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
Her days are numbered.

All is needed is Segun Adeniyi annoucing that Yaradua has decided to drop her and replace her with another Nigerian.

Yaradua does not own anyone in NIGERIA explaination for droping a ministers he 'appointed'

There are many people out there who wants to be Minister even for 30days!
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
If we could have more fearless people like her in govt. there'l be more sanity in the system.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by paddylo1(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
Her days are numbered.

All is needed is Segun Adeniyi annoucing that Yaradua has decided to drop her and replace her with another Nigerian.

Yaradua does not own anyone in NIGERIA explaination for droping a ministers he 'appointed'

This is not true,as any new minister would have to be confirmed by the nigerian senate
I doubt the knucklehead yar adua gang can play that card as it only hastens their demise
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by DisGuy: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

the decision has been NASS and Nigeria's decision and endorsed by FEC

she only restated the obvious as information minister

na wa o, Nigerians love praise singing sha!

looking at this thread one would assume she made the call all by herself cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by otawa: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
This is not true,as any new minister would have to be confirmed by the nigerian senate

And he is not obliged to appoint new minister to replace her.

Mr Obasanjo was both President and Minister of Petroleum for 8years.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by udezue(m): 1:41am On Feb 26, 2010
We need poeple like her who are ready to speak the truth and their minds. If Nigerians can emulate the way people in other civilized nations treat their leaders we wont be in this mess.

DORA AKUNYILI, Mama ji de ka iji wei.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by AloyEmeka5: 1:51am On Feb 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

Please! They will soon send her packing like they did to Ribadu. No be Naija?
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by AloyEmeka5: 1:54am On Feb 26, 2010
otawa:

Her days are numbered.

True talk. I am sure she is planning to leave anyway because Turai will not be satisfied with firing her alone; She will want a pound of flesh from her. Something like framing her up and sending her to Alagbon so she can be gining Bode George morning BJ.
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 26, 2010
otawa:

Her days are numbered.

yar'adua can not hire or fire anybody while there is an acting president. trust me anyday yar'adua comes back fully to office dora will resign
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by Hesperus(m): 2:12am On Feb 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

True talk. I am sure she is planning to leave anyway because Turai will not be satisfied with firing her alone; She will want a pound of flesh from her. Something like framing her up and sending her to Alagbon so she can be giving Bode George morning BJ.

LMAO! See where your mind don reach? Nice one though! grin
Re: Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay by DeepSoul(f): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

True talk. I am sure she is planning to leave anyway because Turai will not be satisfied with firing her alone; She will want a pound of flesh from her. Something like framing her up and sending her to Alagbon so she can be giving Bode George morning BJ.

In addition to giving him full body massages thrice a day
LWKMD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Imam Tajudeen Bello Defends Paedophile Senator, Calls Nigerians Hypocrites / Nnamani, Soludo, Ekweremadu Favoured As Atikus's Running Mate / Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.