Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 (1541 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Sokoto To Support Atiku For Campaign. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Pidgin: 'Why I Dey Support Atiku Not Buhari' (WATCH) / Miyetti Allah Endorses Buhari, Mohammed Abubakar For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
To say that i'm ashamed of this decision to support former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar is an understatement. However, after examining Nigerian politics and it's idiosyncrasies, ive come to realist that it will be easier for a camel to pass through the hole in a needle than for the best man to become the president of Nigeria. When i say best man, i'm talking of technocrats in the mold of Soludo, Fashola, Sanusi, Ezekwesili, Iweala and people who truly went to school and understand the economics that's involved in running a nation. And more importantly, the person must be a nation builder devoid of tribal jingoism and religious extremism like the man we have in power today. Like i said, it will be tough for Nigeria to elect someone who embodies these qualities because even the electorate is not educated enough to know what the nation needs.

In view of this, i'm left with Atiku Abubakar. He may not be the technocrat that we desire and he may be part of the old brigade. But one thing that i like about him is his smartness and willingness to relate with people from different parts of the country. If you look at the north for example, very few leaders embodies his uncommon charisma and charm despite all that has been said about him while he was deputy president, whether true or not.

Atiku is not a saint, infact, he's very far from being a saint. But at this time in our life as a nation, we need someone like him who can unite the country unlike the division in Buhari. never again are we going to decorate a seasoned tribalist and religious afionado to become the president of a multi ethnic and rleigious country like Nigeria.

Come 2019, except a major political party elects a close to perfect candidate, i think i'll stick with Atiku Abubakar. That's my choice and i hope and know that he picks his deputy from the South-East. Only then can we hope for a better country for us and our children.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Destined2win: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
You will be making a mistake if you do not support me. Supporting me will be one of your best decisions ever. Even generations unborn will always remember you as one of those who took actions that salvaged this nation.

I am the rightest man for the job. Do not waste your vote and support.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by sarrki(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
Wailers are problem

All things that will bring the country backwards is what they support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by DonVikings: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
[s]To say that i'm ashamed of this decision to support former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar is an understatement. However, after examining Nigerian politics and it's idiosyncrasies, ive come to realist that it will be easier for a camel to pass through the hole in a needle than for the best man to become the president of Nigeria. When i say best man, i'm talking of technocrats in the mold of Soludo, Fashola, Sanusi, Ezekwesili, Iweala and people who truly went to school and understand the economics that's involved in running a nation. And more importantly, the person must be a nation builder devoid of tribal jingoism and religious extremism like the man we have in power today. Like i said, it will be tough for Nigeria to elect someone who embodies these qualities because even the electorate is not educated enough to know what the nation needs.

In view of this, i'm left with Atiku Abubakar. He may not be the technocrat that we desire and he may be part of the old brigade. But one thing that i like about him is his smartness and willingness to relate with people from different parts of the country. If you look at the north for example, very few leaders embodies his uncommon charisma and charm despite all that has been said about him while he was deputy president, whether true or not.

Atiku is not a saint, infact, he's very far from being a saint. But at this time in our life as a nation, we need someone like him who can unite the country unlike the division in Buhari. never again are we going to decorate a seasoned tribalist and religious afionado to become the president of a multi ethnic and rleigious country like Nigeria.

Come 2019, except a major political party elects a close to perfect candidate, i think i'll stick with Atiku Abubakar. That's my choice and i hope and know that he picks his deputy from the South-East. Only then can we hope for a better country for us and our children.[/s]
angry

8 Likes

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
Op I can see you can be easily influenced by politicians tricks and gimmicks they display.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
abdeiz:
Op I can see you can be easily influenced by politicians tricks and gimmicks they display.
I'm not, atleast not anymore. That's why i'm no longer looking out for a perfect candidate. I know Atiku and what he is capable of bringing to te table and that is why i think it's pertinent i support him above all other opportunists.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Abagworo(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Wailers are problem

Buhari will complete 8 years and presidency moves back South. Any new name in 2019 means North will do another 12 years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Caseless: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
Who did this to afam4eva? He cries over tribalism but he's a very big actor in that show.

A case of act I , scene I in the theatre of the absurd.

If Buhari is not contesting, Osinbajo should continue. The last time I needed a nepa bill to vote buhari , all I need him to present now is a tissue paper.

Buhari till 2023 by God's grace.

Afam is corrupt and hungry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Caseless: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Abagworo:

Buhari will complete 8 years and presidency moves back South. Any new name in 2019 means North will do another 12 years.
there's no better person than buhari right now. Until he says "No" I'm sticking with him till death.

The poster is a corrupt individual who's looking for someone who would create aperture for corruption to thrive.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by BlackBaron: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
Please is this a sign of diminished IQ in Nigeria or some sort of curse to keep all their options to the same failed set of leaders?

Buhari, Jonathan, Atiku are just another collection of rhetorics, all mouth, no manifesto or blueprints. These leaders throw their hats in the ring only because they have the clouts or they have a useless godfather backing them.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Caseless: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:
Wailers are problem

they're now speaking glowingly of the Atiku they tagged most corrupt at some points. I don't blame them, there's a debilitating situation they face, that affect their decision too.

Demented and amnesiac people.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by PointZerom: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2017

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Toketimt: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
[s]
Afam4eva:
To say that i'm ashamed of this decision to support former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar is an understatement. However, after examining Nigerian politics and it's idiosyncrasies, ive come to realist that it will be easier for a camel to pass through the hole in a needle than for the best man to become the president of Nigeria. When i say best man, i'm talking of technocrats in the mold of Soludo, Fashola, Sanusi, Ezekwesili, Iweala and people who truly went to school and understand the economics that's involved in running a nation. And more importantly, the person must be a nation builder devoid of tribal jingoism and religious extremism like the man we have in power today. Like i said, it will be tough for Nigeria to elect someone who embodies these qualities because even the electorate is not educated enough to know what the nation needs.

Come 2019, except a major political party elects a close to perfect candidate, i think i'll stick with Atiku Abubakar. That's my choice and i hope and know that he picks his deputy from the South-East. Only then can we hope for a better country for us and our children.
[/s]

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
So is Now Atiku Or Biafra? grin grin grin grin grin

Bad Market!

Fact;

If Buhari Declares Today, Even PDP Governors Will Campaign For Him grin grin grin Dont be deceived by the ipob miscreants number of likes on any comment against Buhari......they are not more than 300 nnamdi kanu Urine Drinkers!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Toketimt: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm not, atleast not anymore. That's why i'm no longer looking out for a perfect candidate. I know Atiku and what he is capable of bringing to te table and that is why i think it's pertinent i support him above all other opportunists.

When do u start knowing Atiku? What is he capable of bringing to the table that is different from his well known antecedent

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2017
Toketimt:

When do u start knowing Atiku? What is he capable of bringing to the table that is different from his well known antecedent
Maybe you can help us by enumerating his antecedents.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Aufbauh(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
DonVikings:
angry

This is a Technical knockout on an ignorant and disgruntled Op.
His case is a tale of woe inimical of an unserious housewife. Just two and a half years he couldn't bear the burden of opposition any longer.

Three Eaya for him.. .... Eaya! Eaya!! Eaya!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by sarrki(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Abagworo:

On point

Having said that pmb still remains the best from the north

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Mynd44: 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
Atiku? Loooool

Another Barcanista here.

Atiku will massively lose the NW.
He needs Tinubu to win the SW(will he get it? I laugh)
He will lose the NE massively

He will need a miracle to win the NC

As long as he is not a PDP candidate, he can kick the SE and SS goodbye.

Goodluck, some Ebele and a lot of Jonathan to Afam and Akitu but he can contest sha, he has money to burn
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Toketimt: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Maybe you can help us by enumerating his antecedents.

Only a fool will deny that Atiku thievery while in power was in a different class entirely.
When in power, the only thing that progressed under his watch were his private businesses.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Toketimt: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
sarrki:

On point

Having said that pmb still remains the best from the north

Atiku is only deceiving himself. A 2 times Atiku can't even defeat Buhari on a sick bed (God Forbid)

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Caseless: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
Aufbauh:

This is a Technical knockout on an ignorant and disgruntled Op.
His case is a tale of woe inimical of an unserious housewife. Just two and a half years he couldn't bear the burden of opposition any longer.

Three Eaya for him.. .... Eaya! Eaya!! Eaya!!!
I saw the screenshot and can only conclude that afa4eva's case is psychiatric and 'depressively' induced by hunger.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Caseless: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Toketimt:

Atiku is only deceiving himself. A 2 times Atiku can't even defeat Buhari on a sick bed (God Forbid)
Sahara reporters has a poll to that effect.

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Why doesn't the OP run for President himself?

I am serious.

Nigerians love to complain about how bad things are, but give them a chance to improve stuff, they all fall in behind the same old men.

Or build castles in the air. Or hope that sharia/Biafra/resource control/ odua republic will save them.

Ah well, for Nigeria to change, Nigerians must change.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Atiku is wasting his time...

Meanwhile, that Mod up there ^^^ has a lot of growing up to do.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
WE HAVE ALL SEEN THAT MOST OF NIGERIA POLITICIANS ARE ROGUES, WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT THEY OR THEIR ASSOCIATES WILL STEAL. WE NEED LEADERS THAT ARE COOL HEADED, UNTRIBALISED, LIBERAL AND WITH VISION.
DESPITE SOME RESERVATION AND WITH WHAT WE HAVE SEEN "ATIKU ABUBAKAR"" REMAINS THE BEST AND MOST COMPETENT NORTHERN POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA TODAY VYING FOR THE 2019 PRESIDENCY.
THE FOLLOWING ARE:
1) FANATICS WITH NO ECONOMIC VISION OTHER THAN RELIGIOUS / ETHNIC CONQUEST -PMB, EL RUFIA, KWANKWASO. EMIR LAMIDO SANUSI (LEARNED & SOUND BUT NOT RELIGEOUS TOLERANT)
2) UNTRUSTWORTHY / SNEAKY POLITICIANS - TAMBUWAL

ANY NORTHERN POLITICIAN COMING UP IN 2019 SHOULD PICK A SOUTH EASTERN RUNNING MATE. SUITABLE CANDIDATES INCLUDE PETER OBI, OKONJI IWEALA.
BESIDE BUSINESSMEN LIKE "ALIKO DANGOTE" THAT DREAM BIG DREAMS (VISION), UNTRIBALISED & LIBERAL I DONT SEE ANY CREDIBLE PERSON FROM THE NORTH FOR YEARS TO COME.
OTHERS THAT I MAY CONSIDER INCLUDE LAMIDO AND DANKWABO.?
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Tolexander: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Afam,

Atiku don pay your sign on fee abi?

lol
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by FriendNG: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
Just reading. Continue.
Even Osinbanjo will win Atiku.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by wristbangle: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
It would be a huge mistake if Nigerians decide to vote for a corrupt and dull person like Atiku. If PMB and Atiku are the only option for 2019, it would be better to vote for "None of the above"
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Udopasa: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Too early for Atiku to show his cards. same thing he did with obj that made obj stake *everything* just to ensure he never succeeded him. With the current happenings, even if PMB had wished not to contest and remain neutral, he will be forced by the foolishness of Atiku and his undertakers to either contest or become actively involved in the process of who succeeds him. Who are Atiku's advisers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Mentcee(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
Abagworo:

Step aside.

Let us the southerners do the lamenting.

Let another Northern person do 20 more years provided Buhari doesn't get elected in 2019.
He is a disaster.
Buhari is an unbridled badstard.
Re: Why I Will Support Atiku Abubakar For President In 2019 by Mentcee(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Caseless:
Who did this to afam4eva? He cries over tribalism but he's a very big actor in that show.

A case of act I , scene I in the theatre of the absurd.

If Buhari is not contesting, Osinbajo should continue. The last time I needed a nepa bill to vote buhari , all I need him to present now is a tissue paper.

Buhari till 2023 by God's grace.

Afam is corrupt and hungry.

You lost your mind a long time ago

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rare Video Of Nnamdi Azikiwe Speech On 1st October 1960 Surfaces / Here We Go Again: Who Secondus Epp? / APC Forges Signatures Of Candidates, Tells INEC They Surrendered Their Tickets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.